HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
photo-54.jpg

How'd you make that? I don't know if its just how it looks on my phone but the red writing looks 3D. Pretty cool.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

I think I'm going towards a middle ground, like a normally do.

This figure doesn't look terrible and I do think it's an improvement over the DX 02 (a slight improvement). I'll be buying it and I'll also keep both of my DX 02 figures.

I see most people are scoffing over any comment that even suggests that the DX 02 has positive qualities when compared to the DX 12. I think they're sort of missing the point. I have yet to see a single person on here suggest that "OH, THE DX 02 IS SUPERIOR TO THE DX 12". No, that's not what they're saying.

They're saying that there is a slight difference between the two of them and it doesn't warrant a purchase. They know the DX 12 is better, just not enough to pay $250 for one. When thinking about this, you should also take in consideration that the DX 02 went for $170 while this goes for much, much more. That's sort of true. Let's face it. The real improvement here is the flexibility and the inclusion of an under suit, that's it.

Whether you accept it or not, the PERS is still wonky, the head is still weird and some of the issues that the last one had have carried over to this. Yeah, the DX 02 had that ****ing neck, the suit was restrictive and a ton of them leaked (thankfully both of my DCD hard ab versions haven't leaked) but I still say, those two or three issues aside, the armor plating looks better than this (even though a two piece rubber suit isn't realistic).

This DX 12 seems like an experiment in trying to execute the plating over a fabric suit design, not really a success in looks. I think if they revised it more, spent a little more time in the R&D and refined it (especially the ****ing cowl head and faces), we'd have the perfect Batman figure in our hands. I actually don't see how they got this out so fast (what, 3 months?). They must have had this in development for a while.

Last edited:
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

I think I'm going towards a middle ground, like a normally do.

This figure doesn't look terrible and I do think it's an improvement over the DX 02 (a slight improvement). I'll be buying it and I'll also keep both of my DX 02 figures.

I see most people are scoffing over any comment that even suggests that the DX 02 has positive qualities when compared to the DX 12. I think they're sort of missing the point. I have yet to see a single person on here suggest that "OH, THE DX 02 IS SUPERIOR TO THE DX 12". No, that's not what they're saying.

They're saying that there is a slight difference between the two of them and it doesn't warrant a purchase. They know the DX 12 is better, just not enough to pay $250 for one. When thinking about this, you should also take in consideration that the DX 02 went for $170 while this goes for much, much more. That's sort of true. Let's face it. The real improvement here is the flexibility and the inclusion of an under suit, that's it.

Whether you accept it or not, the PERS is still wonky, the head is still weird and some of the issues that the last one had have carried over to this. Yeah, the DX 02 had that ****ing neck, the suit was restrictive and a ton of them leaked (thankfully both of my DCD hard ab versions haven't leaked) but I still say, those two issues aside, the armor looks better than this (even though a two piece rubber suit isn't realistic).

This DX 12 seems like an experiment in trying to execute the plating over a fabric suit design, not really a success in looks.

Yes, I agree 100%. There are loads of improvements here, and a lot to like, but some of it, the parts you mentioned are fails.

I think the DX12 is a worthy upgrade to the DX02, considering the improved proportions (especially the neck), inclusion of a bale headsculpt and cool display stand.

With regards to the elbow plate, I think it's bewildering why HT didn't just glue the darn thing to the fabric like they did for the kneepads, instead of making it one with the gauntlets

This bat has had a rollercoast of complaints and praise im still in and still like it ...nothings perfect and realize most of you have had the dx 02 and understand wanting all the prior problems fixed from that one. Also a lot of you have been collecting a long time and want pure perfection from your favorite figure...I get that but i just like collecting these and know after a custom cape and tips from the mods and a tweek here and there this one will rock.....:rock

I think the DX12 is a worthy upgrade to the DX02, considering the improved proportions (especially the neck).

I've seen people say the neck is still too long. Which is it?

This DX 12 seems like an experiment in trying to execute the plating over a fabric suit design, not really a success in looks.

Very interesting point you make there. It has really set me thinking, and in conclusion, i'm incline to agree with you.
The suit, looks good to me. I like it, It is a success in my eyes (despite a few inaccuracies) because it seems to add more possibility to the figure while being a total improvement from all other TDK related suits previously attempted by HT. It seems that HT spent all their time trying to make the suit the usp for the DX12, which is understandable, given how faulty the suit was with the DX02, the biggest complaint of that figure. However, it seems HT have put all their time & effort into the suit, which I applaud them for, but put little to no effort into everything else, well actually that's unfair, it looks like the wayne sculpt turned out great. But still, the stand looks cheap, the faceplates appear to be disastrous and the weapons, out of all the accessories that come with this guy (7), 1 is new and 2 are relevant to the film. In TDKR, we don't see the Sticky bomb gun and we don't see batarangs. Fair enough, we see mine bombs, but they have come with every other TDK(R) related figure. Why give us batarangs when we could have been given the bat darts, which were actually used in TDKR? :dunno
I know, I have rambled on, yet another complainer among the many, many complaints in this thread, but it just seems to me that this figure was a little rushed, when it didn't need to be. They could have put the extra 2 months before the original release into play and made the necessary improvements, or could have kept this guy until March and released him with Bane & Catwoman, the other TDKR characters set for release by HT, and released The DX11 first. This in my opinion would have made more sense, because I feel that there is a bigger demand for The Joker and would have made more sense to try release all TDKR merchandise around the same time.
Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to get this figure, I just thought it could have been made a little more worth what we are paying.

Sorry for the rant & Thanks for reading,
James. :wave

I don't see how the fabric suit doesn't look better than DX02. In all of the comparison shots, it looks more "real" and accurate. The suit is near god damn perfect for this scale.

You could tell the DX02 was rubber mesh, had fatty arms, inaccurate legs, fat chest, tube stomach... etc... it just doesn't look right compared to DX12's suit.

I don't see how the fabric suit doesn't look better than DX02. In all of the comparison shots, it looks more "real" and accurate. The suit is near god damn perfect for this scale.

:lecture :exactly:

You could tell the DX02 was rubber mesh, had fatty arms, inaccurate legs, fat chest, tube stomach... etc... it just doesn't look right compared to DX12's suit.

I tend to agree with you on this. Perhaps I'll feel differently when I get the figure though.

I've seen people say the neck is still too long. Which is it?

Wouldn't know about the length, but they've certainly improved the width; the DX02 had such a thin neck that it made the head look big.

I recently got an e-mail from them saying my card will be charged on the 15th. So I would assume then.

Wow -- that's this coming Monday. I have a preorder at BBTS so give it another 2 weeks.

Yeah, and I only pre-order towards the end of September.

Best of luck with your order, hopefully it will ship soon.

My one big nitpick with the figure is looking better here, Bat symbol almost seems symmetrical
67157_482034225162072_794823485_n.jpg

Why didn't they use the lower half/ mouth of the Bale sculpt as one of the faceplates?

Yea while I agree certain materials/items/accessories cannot be 100% in 1/6th but some things there is no excuse for. Symmetry with the chest lines (bat symbol), Elbow pads, cowl shape/contour/lines all should be good. Medi even nailed the cowl better in 2008!

I think the symbol will look fine in hand, all the photos I see are not directly straight in front of the figure. I'll wait to complain about that. The other items that you mention, are really not that big of a deal, especially the cowl. The cowl looks pretty good, and is not based off source material from 2008's TDK. If you aren't pleased with the release don't buy it, simple. And I'm sure they will release another version next year, a DX12.0 :rotfl

Back