HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

That's really unfortunate. HT seems to have a lot of problems with the materials they use. I'd like to give them the benifit of the doubt that it's hard to find stuff that doesn't have issues like this, but I have enough of my toys from the 80's that still are in great shape to know these can hold up a lot longer than they seem to. If companies can get it right 20-30 years ago, you'd think they could make stuff that lasts today.

Sorry to hear you're having problems. I hope they've resolved the issue going forward.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Well I can only tell you what I know. My DX02 boots have deteriorated/cracked (he was neutral posed on stand, i never touch him, not really into posing my dollies) I only noticed when I went to fix his custom cape. I got a new Demon Batman a couple of months ago, one of his ankles was the same. So I went on ebay to look for some replacements, apart from being shocked by the prices, I noticed most of the DX02 boots (new from parts sellers) were listed as cracked or partially cracked. Had a look around and saw the same reported on another forum. Ironically my toy fair Begins figure is still fine. I think there is a fault in the plastic in the boot, it crumbles after time. The fact that HT have lost the rubber on the newest boots suggests it was another rubber in contact with plastic reaction, but who knows.

Check your DX02, I think they will all crack at some point.
Just my opinion.:dunno

Thanks for the information there. I never heard about any of that before. :goodpost:

It's a mini miracle that HT finally released a Batman that can actually hold a pose.

It's a mini miracle that HT finally released a Batman that can actually hold a pose.

:lol I've got to agree there. :duff
I can't wait to see this guy posed when he arrives! Have you one on PO jye?

:lol I've got to agree there. :duff
I can't wait to see this guy posed when he arrives! Have you one on PO jye?

I do, but i'm selling due to financial reasons, few emergencies around the home that required immediate financial resolution had an impact on my hobby.

Nothing like owning a home. :lol

:lol

Sorry to hear that man. Best of luck with everything. :hi5:

I was able to snag the DX 02 backpack off ebay, so I can complete my HK scene with this guy.

I'll probably get a 2nd one, just to have for a caped Batman as well

Can the backpack fit on the DX12? Nice pick-up by the way ... :lecture

agreed !! i think it looks good, and yes he has got alot thinner since BB but he has publicly said it before he felt he overdid it and obviously cos of bruces age he isnt in the same condition as he once was.The crew nicknamed him fatman during BB :rotfl

hahaha that's hilarious :rotfl I wonder if he ever caught anyone calling him that on-set, and then pull a freak-out:

" Do you want me to ****ing eat your lights? Do you want me to ****ing eat 'em?" :lol

Well I know for a fact that the DX02 head wont fit on the 12 the new ball joint on 12 is smaller then the 02 most likely done by hot toys on perpose to spite there collectors even more...

Well I know for a fact that the DX02 head wont fit on the 12 the new ball joint on 12 is smaller then the 02 most likely done by hot toys on perpose to spite there collectors even more...

Well the neck won't, but both heads are magnetic and fit fine?
In fact the DX12 neck makes the DX02 head look a bit better.
:dunno

hmmm good to know, thanks!! dont have my DX02 with me, right about the boots on dx 02 mines foot broken new:thud:

No one likes a know it all... :pfft:

:wink1::wink1:
:rotfl:rotfl

That is great to know. Do you have any pics of the DX02 head on the DX12?

Well I can only tell you what I know. My DX02 boots have deteriorated/cracked (he was neutral posed on stand, i never touch him, not really into posing my dollies) I only noticed when I went to fix his custom cape. I got a new Demon Batman a couple of months ago, one of his ankles was the same. So I went on ebay to look for some replacements, apart from being shocked by the prices, I noticed most of the DX02 boots (new from parts sellers) were listed as cracked or partially cracked. Had a look around and saw the same reported on another forum. Ironically my toy fair Begins figure is still fine. I think there is a fault in the plastic in the boot, it crumbles after time. The fact that HT have lost the rubber on the newest boots suggests it was another rubber in contact with plastic reaction, but who knows.

Check your DX02, I think they will all crack at some point.
Just my opinion.:dunno

This is the 1st I've heard of the issue with the DX02 boots, thats really bad.

What about the OC and MMS71 boots?

Back