HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Sorry you fellas feel that way.

I stand behind Robbie's face plate. I was taking test shots of it when I first got it and I thought it was simply exceptional, especially at about 3/4s.

IMG_6995_zpsa98c69a6.png

That looks good, from that angle! I remember him doing that expression a few times in TDKR.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Sorry you fellas feel that way.

I stand behind Robbie's face plate. I was taking test shots of it when I first got it and I thought it was simply exceptional, especially at about 3/4s.

IMG_6995_zpsa98c69a6.png

Yeah, Robbie's Face Plate is Aces in my book...

4_zpsf94e5506.jpg

That does look great from that angle, but just looking at him straight on looks strange. It just looks disproportionate. Though its not a straight-on picture, I think your own pic kinda shows what im talking about....

IMG_7058s_zpsed79d325.png

Look at the size of his mouth and chin, it looks huge and far too rounded imo.

I just got mine today and while I think he looks cool....I'm really stuck on the cape. A) I think HT sewed one of the clips on backward (what do you think) and B) even if they were both he same, I'm not sure I would know how to put them in place. Does anyone have a good picture of putting the cap tabs in? Can someone help me on this one?

20121228_220600_zpsd39704e0.jpg

20121228_220542_zps665e0d6e.jpg

Plasmid, that looks awesome. I tried doing that as well, but I wanted to retain pers. goes without saying, it was disastrous. Hollowing out the eyes were way too hard and far beyond my current skill set.

It's interesting though, you took the eyes from the Wayne sculpt right? I'm assuming you made an eye plate, sort of like the plate that housed pers, but without the pers. the eyes are kind of the same size as the original plate. A bit smaller, but a quick glance, none would be the wiser.

I like it though. Especially with Robbie's mouth plate.

Yeah I considered making PERS eyes using the Bruce sculpt, but then I realized that the dexterity required was way outside my capabilities.

Yes, I took the eyes from the Wayne sculpt and then made an eye plate, very similar to how the PERS eyes plate looks (I posted a shot of it in the mods thread). The size of the eyes are similar, but what's important is the size of the irises and pupils.

That does look great from that angle, but just looking at him straight on looks strange. It just looks disproportionate. Though its not a straight-on picture, I think your own pic kinda shows what im talking about....

Look at the size of his mouth and chin, it looks huge and far too rounded imo.

ChristianBalefilmingChrisNolansBatmanTheDarkknightRisesonthestreetsofManhattanonNovember62011inNewYorkCity_zps89ac7785.jpg

I think the size of the plate overall is very good. The mouth, maybe a bit over, but for display purposes it looks fine to me. In photos, you have to deal with lens distoration and whatnot. Anyway, I like it the way it is.

I just got mine today and while I think he looks cool....I'm really stuck on the cape. A) I think HT sewed one of the clips on backward (what do you think) and B) even if they were both he same, I'm not sure I would know how to put them in place. Does anyone have a good picture of putting the cap tabs in? Can someone help me on this one?

20121228_220600_zpsd39704e0.jpg

20121228_220542_zps665e0d6e.jpg

check couple posts up or previous page... maglor posted the guide

:wave Hey guys, wanted to share one more new mod. New non-pers eyes for Batman, taken from the Bruce sculpt. I carved into one and painted it. Also displayed here with Robbie's custom face plate.

And with these two alterations, I think I am truly done with any intensive mods for this figure. I am looking forward to outfitting this with the custom cowl from monkeyrobotmaster, but aside from that I can't think of anything else I could do with it.

IMG_7045s_zps1a871530.png

IMG_7039s_zps8d8a97ea.png

IMG_7070s_zpsf17994da.png

IMG_7037s_zpsfd05fdf4.png

Awesome mod man! IMO next to Mag's, this the best Batman figure out there. :duff

Plasmid, looking great man! Did you do the gauntlet widening mod only on the left hand so far? I am debating to do that mod or not.

In regards to the faceplate options I personally feel Robbie's face plate is the best thing available. In person to me it looks amazing from all angles.

I have 2 DX12's and one has had the angry plate on since I got it (which I really like that expression personally) and the other had the neutral plate on. I looked at both those things for over a month and I got Robbie's plate in a week ago and it looks like the best representation of bale to me.

I also like the way Maglor has done his dx02 plate and for some reason I've only really liked shortrounds medi head out of all the ones I've seen so far.

It should be interesting to see MRM's cowl with Robbie's face plate!

If anything Plasmids mod looks a lot better than the Medi. I would much rather have plasmids! Saying that I am on the MRM list

I'll be getting mine on January. Stoked about this and scared at the same time. The QC is almost non-existent.

Mine is supposedly coming in February... Hopefully it'll be either then or sooner. I'm not the most patient of people :lol

:wave Hey guys, wanted to share one more new mod. New non-pers eyes for Batman, taken from the Bruce sculpt. I carved into one and painted it. Also displayed here with Robbie's custom face plate.

And with these two alterations, I think I am truly done with any intensive mods for this figure. I am looking forward to outfitting this with the custom cowl from monkeyrobotmaster, but aside from that I can't think of anything else I could do with it.

IMG_7045s_zps1a871530.png

IMG_7039s_zps8d8a97ea.png

IMG_7070s_zpsf17994da.png

IMG_7037s_zpsfd05fdf4.png

WOW! Rockin photos! :rock :hi5:

Both the eyes and mouth are taken from the DX12 Bale sculpt though. :lol

Well, I like it. nothing more I can do without having to sculpt entirely new parts for the cowl.

Maybe. I could make one from the Bruce sculpt I just carved into. Maybe I could shrink it somehow.

I personally like Robbie's face plate. It's either that or this:

IMG_7060s_zpsb107cc2d.png

That looks great. So does robbie's though. However, I agree that robbie's can look a little odd from some angles because the cowl is under-sized...

Awesome mod man! IMO next to Mag's, this the best Batman figure out there. :duff

Oh, he's definitely got me beat at this point. I need to do the shoulder plate separation mod yet.

Not gonna do the eye mod though. It's beyond my skill level, and I'm getting MRM's custom head.

That looks great. So does robbie's though. However, I agree that robbie's can look a little odd from some angles because the cowl is under-sized... , and I'm getting MRM's custom head.

:clap
It's good to know that you're buying MRM's custom and I can't wait to see the painted pics of it.

That looks great. So does robbie's though. However, I agree that robbie's can look a little odd from some angles because the cowl is under-sized...

Oh, he's definitely got me beat at this point. I need to do the shoulder plate separation mod yet.

Not gonna do the eye mod though. It's beyond my skill level, and I'm getting MRM's custom head.

By sheer number of mods, maybe, but you're still the grand master (and granddaddy) of DX12 modders, Mags! :clap

What spurred me into doing the squint mod and subsequently the Wayne eyes mod was that I couldn't get my standard pers eyes to look like yours after painting the eyelids. :lol yours is something special.

Back