HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

By sheer number of mods, maybe, but you're still the grand master (and granddaddy) of DX12 modders, Mags! :clap

What spurred me into doing the squint mod and subsequently the Wayne eyes mod was that I couldn't get my standard pers eyes to look like yours after painting the eyelids. :lol yours is something special.

hello plasmid..so those recast heads..are they hard to cut ? is it made out of softer material than the originals ?

thanks in advance..

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Plasmid, looking great man! Did you do the gauntlet widening mod only on the left hand so far? I am debating to do that mod or not.

I did the gauntlet mod on both, but I didn't make the right gauntlet opening wide enough. Will have to get back to it.

In regards to the faceplate options I personally feel Robbie's face plate is the best thing available. In person to me it looks amazing from all angles.

I have 2 DX12's and one has had the angry plate on since I got it (which I really like that expression personally) and the other had the neutral plate on. I looked at both those things for over a month and I got Robbie's plate in a week ago and it looks like the best representation of bale to me.

I also like the way Maglor has done his dx02 plate and for some reason I've only really liked shortrounds medi head out of all the ones I've seen so far.

It should be interesting to see MRM's cowl with Robbie's face plate!

In my opinion Maglor's DX02 plate Batman and Shortround's Medi cowl DX12 are what I strive for in terms of the heights to which the DX12 can be pushed with some effort. The thing is, both those figures are beyond my reach, as I don't have a DX02 to get parts from. I am very excited for MRM's cowl.

hello plasmid..so those recast heads..are they hard to cut ? is it made out of softer material than the originals ?

thanks in advance..

I haven't cut into an HT sculpt before, so I wouldn't know if its made from a softer material. In terms of feel and weight, they are very much the same. It was tough to carve into at first but I heated up an X-Acto knife and it cut through the sculpt fairly easily.

hey plasmid, you have a side profile shot of the bat's head with the new eyes?

I don't but will take one next time I have a chance!

Still waiting on my DX12 to arrive, backorder SUCKS!! Loving all the pics, mods, and advice on here though.

I just ordered the Iforigno velvet cape and can't wait to put it on when they both arrive. Seen pics of it on others figures and it looks gorgeous.

Quick question though, of you all out there who have the Iforgino velvet cape for the DX12; what has been the best method to attach it to the figure?

Quick question though, of you all out there who have the Iforgino velvet cape for the DX12; what has been the best method to attach it to the figure?

i poked it into the holes with a 1/6 scale wrench until it was good an fixed.

can someone tell me the best place to crack the dx12 armor off? i'm trying to strip this guy and want to do the least damage possible.

i should clarify: i'm trying to strip an extra body i got ~ i would never do this to my dx12 (holy crap that would just freak me out).

Did some mods last night. Almost finished. :D

165055_464743450251777_2015289096_n.jpg

61058_464783183581137_1270720158_n.jpg

Did some mods last night. Almost finished. :D

165055_464743450251777_2015289096_n.jpg

61058_464783183581137_1270720158_n.jpg

Woa, that looks awesome man! Also, did you mod the kevlar connectors as well as the collar?

FYI, I can't stop myself staring at your sig. Very very distracting. :gah:

that guys needs to be lubricated lol

never mind, i found the "hinge" on the armor.

look: naked bats!

nakedbats01.jpg

Woa, that looks awesome man! Also, did you mod the kevlar connectors as well as the collar?

FYI, I can't stop myself staring at your sig. Very very distracting. :gah:

:lol

As far as mods go, these are the ones Ive done.

-cut/sanded the buckles off the gloves
-reshaped the bottom of the gauntletts to cover the gloves
-wrapped the ankles with electrical tape to beef them up
-heated up the elbow pads attached to the gauntletts and formed them closer to the elbows
-sanded the back of the faceplate to help it fit deeper into the mouth opening of the cowl

And I didnt mod the kevlar connectors. All I did was use a blow dryer and heated up the whole top armor at once and just squeezed and futzed it until it was form fitted.

I think I might try heating up the top armor and see if I can make mine leg, I mean, look like yours.

Also, did you find that by making the elbow pads sit closer to the elbows makes it hard to get the arse, I mean, arms straight?

I think I'm coming down with El Wood syndrome thanks to you. Can't stop thinking about legs and arse now :rotfl

:lol She's a keeper. :D

Um, the elbow pads...not really. I can still straighten his arms.

She looks like the heartbreaker type though... :cut

Could you take a picture of one of the pads with a straight arm? I'm interested in seeing how the pads sit against his elbows. Thanks a lot in advance mate.

never mind, i found the "hinge" on the armor.

look: naked bats!

nakedbats01.jpg

wow...u got more pics ? i would like to see how you pull the whole suit from the body....want to see the thighs if it has those add ons to make it thicker..

thanks

She looks like the heartbreaker type though... :cut

Could you take a picture of one of the pads with a straight arm? I'm interested in seeing how the pads sit against his elbows. Thanks a lot in advance mate.

Probably. :lol

The picture's attached. Sorry for the blurryness.

wow...u got more pics ? i would like to see how you pull the whole suit from the body....want to see the thighs if it has those add ons to make it thicker..

i thought it would have thigh add-ons, but nope: just fat thighs made fatter by a padded unitard. see below for more details.

What do you got in the works?

i wanted to see if i could fix the lower body articulation be removing the fat thighs and allowing the suit more "give". well, as stated above, no fat thighs, but removing the padding on the suit did make a big difference!

nakedbats02.jpg

he can now sit like a normal figure ought to ~ and can crouch pretty well too. probably will sit just beautifully on the batpod too.

this is not the faint-hearted (i should add: my own dx12 is still in pristine condition; this is an extra body i picked up for a good deal).

the unitard is glued to the body and the suit is sewed on and glued over that, so removing everything was very perilous. damaging the armor and the suit is nearly unavoidable because you have to crack the armor off, then un-stitch the back of the suit, scrape all the glue, and then pull the little booger down making sure to clear one piece at a time. takes a lot of patience.

once off, articulation is massively improved on the lower body, but there's tradeoffs: the knees pull up (you can see in the photo above), and you have to loosen the top of the codpiece, so that will require permanent degrees of futzing when you pose him. if you try to keep it glued, it will torque stupidly or else prevent you from getting deep bends.

i'm not sure yet what i am going to do with this now that he's undone ~ either put him back together as batman or convert him into a jospeh gordon-levitt nightwing. we'll see.

: D

Back