HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Yeah buddy , i plan on printing out the Harvey pic and Gordons speech papers soon . Thanks brother.

I posted more in the Bane thread

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Got this figure a couple months ago and SS just sent me a replacement head this week. Somehow Hardy Bane has more power than a 30lb sledge or Fox ordered some ****ty graphite.
DSC_2021_zpse9b7aac2.jpg

Was never a huge fan of this suit, the Begins one look way more like Batman. But this was too good of a figure to pass up.
DX12Batman_zpsa65c73b1.jpg

Now for the Joker to get here so we can be done with Nolan and get ready for Justice League Batman!!

@Mr Ecko ? Can Bane pants be fuz with? To me it just seem too slim. It funny they should put dx12 legs on bane and bane on batman. Still waiting for mine to arrive. Can't wait!

Great review.

@Mr Ecko ? Can Bane pants be fuz with? To me it just seem too slim. It funny they should put dx12 legs on bane and bane on batman. Still waiting for mine to arrive. Can't wait!

Great review.

Not really , the pants are nut huggers .

You can pull them dow a bit and pull them out of the boots a bit , which mine is futzed like that already.

That's as far as they go

The suit in Batman Begins is awesome. Now that we have that out of the way...

Was never a huge fan of this suit, the Begins one look way more like Batman.

The problem with that statement is: which Batman? At one point in time, the outfit worn by Adam West looked "way more like Batman." Michael Keaton's costume in the 1989 movie looked like no Batman I had ever seen growing up in the 70's and 80's.

Batman's look has changed dramatically in the comics, let alone when you start to factor in graphic novels and all the different animated productions. So while Nolan's latest Batman may look nothing like any previous Batman, it is, at least in my opinion, one of the best, most stylish and most believable incarnations that has ever been envisioned in any medium.

The suit in Begins in real life would probably suffer the same lack of articulation and movement as that of the HT figure, so while it looks to me like a darker and more threatening incarnation, it's not practical and wouldn't really work in combat - or to do any of what the Batman character does so well.

The suit in Begins in real life would probably suffer the same lack of articulation and movement as that of the HT figure, so while it looks to me like a darker and more threatening incarnation, it's not practical and wouldn't really work in combat - or to do any of what the Batman character does so well.

this is why he goes about getting a new suit in the dark knight to begin with. its not up to the task of being as mobile as he needs to be...with the trade off being its less effective as protection.

Does the DX12 Bruce Wayne sculpt fit on the Batman Begins body?

Making some progress on my wayne custom, so far heres what I did

First I got a ttm22 neck peg, this fits the wayne head and requires no moding, this fits most any truetype body aswell. I put the head on the new ttm21 body, I wanted the body to be completey hot toys parts, I'm kinda snob like that:lol

neckmod003_zpsc26dc2ed.jpg

neckmod006_zps081eccd2.jpg

Than I just received today the toys city black suit, added a tie and just about done, I need to futz it some more, its a ***** trying to tie a tie on a 1:6 scale figure, especially when the shirt don't button at the top:gah:

wayne003_zps7ddb3951.jpg

wayne004_zps6aa412e0.jpg

wayne005_zpsdac22d4a.jpg

First I got a ttm22 neck peg, this fits the wayne head and requires no moding, this fits most any truetype body aswell. I put the head on the new ttm21 body,

So, you're telling me I'm going to have to pre-order one more of each of these bodies? ;) Ugh. I've got one of each already on order and BBTS says they "may" come in in 1 to 2 weeks. But who knows.... One is already ear-marked for a custom and the slim as a replacement for the ultra-crap RAH body shipped with Medicom's Henry Jones Sr. Seriously, any value is in the clothes and head sculpt, RAH is a dollar-store body - they should really just out-source bodies to HT.

I've briefly scanned ebay and neck pegs are either hard to come by or insanely expensive (I'm not paying $20 for a neck peg). I don't suppose Hot Toys sells loose parts like this? They really should, one could always use more neck pegs, ankles, and hands.

New pics! I widened the head with a toothpick. Hope it can be noticed.

DSC04747_zps8960afb0.jpg

DSC04743_zps144762c8.jpg
hmmm can try the hot and cold widen mines a bit with the heating method. just the tooth pick might cause a stress point .
picture.php

hmmm can try the hot and cold widen mines a bit with the heating method. just the tooth pick might cause a stress point .
picture.php

I applied heat and then got it in the freezer, and let the toothpick there. It might be a problem?

Last edited:

So, you're telling me I'm going to have to pre-order one more of each of these bodies? ;) Ugh. I've got one of each already on order and BBTS says they "may" come in in 1 to 2 weeks. But who knows.... One is already ear-marked for a custom and the slim as a replacement for the ultra-crap RAH body shipped with Medicom's Henry Jones Sr. Seriously, any value is in the clothes and head sculpt, RAH is a dollar-store body - they should really just out-source bodies to HT.

I've briefly scanned ebay and neck pegs are either hard to come by or insanely expensive (I'm not paying $20 for a neck peg). I don't suppose Hot Toys sells loose parts like this? They really should, one could always use more neck pegs, ankles, and hands.

Heres a link for anyone interested, this is where I got mine:wink1:

https://www.monkeydepot.com/Head_Hot_Toys_True_Type_Neck_Joint_p/ht1338.htm

I apply heat and then got in the freezer, and let the toothpick there. It might be a problem?
ok u use heat also i thought u just widen with the tooth pick, yer i wouldn,t use sharp object inside for widening the heat sofens the plastic. better safe than sorry :horror

Heres a link for anyone interested, this is where I got mine:wink1:

That's more like it. $5 is still a little rich for a peg, but it's a lot easier to swallow than the eBay prices I've seen lately. Why isn't anyone casting knock-offs of these? Are they the same as the pegs used by some of those no-name TT bodies?

BTW, how did you know, in advance, that was the correct part? It doesn't mention which TrueType neck joint it is. When I pre-pre-orderd the bodies I had no idea the neck pieces would be different - I don't even know which neck piece I'll have to use for the Medicom Henry Jones sculpt.

Back