HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

I finally did my Bruce Wayne custom, with the extra head of the DX12.

Hope u like it.

1f1a71b5d2725edf96aa3a01ca81330c_zps68dbef17.jpg

734d65deeae570317056cfc336b475ba_zps9627fb37.jpg

Think I need another shirt and tie, but it's what I have now.

And another of Batman.

DSC04754_zps3b2ea9ec.jpg

Last edited:
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

The shoulders look very low on that body - what kind is it? And which suit is that?

Holy crap that Batman head looks amazing. Is that stock with the widening mod and DX02 mouth?

The shoulders look very low on that body - what kind is it? And which suit is that?

The body is a cheap figure I found in the 'tianguis' (like a street market), for approx $4 bucks. The suit is of one old Ken figure, of approx $6 bucks.

I know, cheap solution, but a TT body is very expensive here. I will try to fix it

Sorry for muy english.

Last edited:

Holy crap that Batman head looks amazing. Is that stock with the widening mod and DX02 mouth?

Yeah, it's the stock with the widening mod, I use a toothpick, heat and cold.

The faceplate it's the angry expression, the stock of the DX12.

Thx!

Last edited:

And another of Batman.

DSC04754_zps3b2ea9ec.jpg

Love that shot, amazing!

You can find some lower-priced TTL and similar bodies (copies/knock-offs) on eBay that should work well, shipped from Hong Kong so they should offer delivery to Mexico.

I've got a couple of new TT bodies on order for some special builds, but otherwise I'm using the cheap knock-offs.

First photos.

Hunterelf Faceplate (Painted by me)
Ilforgino short Rayon
Padded boots
Padded shoulders
Bendable elbow pads
Glove mod
Painted eyelids
Slight reshape to upperbody
and more that I cant remember :lol

20130317_205645_zps8518c063.jpg

20130317_205705_zps45ec3069.jpg

Last edited:

Okay, so I tried modding my gloves but seem to have taken off bit too much and now I have a weird gap between gauntlets and gloves. I've already ordered a couple of new sets to replace them but does anyone have any advice on cutting them down without going to far? I'm new to this modding malarky.

Okay, so I tried modding my gloves but seem to have taken off bit too much and now I have a weird gap between gauntlets and gloves. I've already ordered a couple of new sets to replace them but does anyone have any advice on cutting them down without going to far? I'm new to this modding malarky.

if you cant seem to cut them just right sand them down little by little starting with some hard grit sand paper then fine grit when you get close to your desired length.

it will take you longer, but you cant mess up this way unless you really just go at it without paying any attention

Just cut exactly where the cuff line is. It always shows a little bit of a gap inbetween the hand and gauntlet after cutting

A $40,000 water jet would be perfect for this task. ;)

Hi Guys,

Got a question. Would you consider this a defect/QC issue? My Bruce sculpt seems to have this weird dark/black spot just under his lip on the left side, as seen in the pic below:

brucesculpt.jpg

Not sure what to do as this is my second figure from Sideshow (first figure got returned for QC issues also). Apart from this, it also came with a chipped scowling faceplate, paint chip on utility belt and ripped box in 4 places.

Haven't contacted Sideshow yet as I haven't decided what to do. Seeing as they are out of figures, they'll probably offer me a partial refund, or full refund, so I can either get partial refund or return for full refund and just buy the figure locally. Man, getting figures with QC issues is a pain in the a$$ :(

Hi Guys,

Got a question. Would you consider this a defect/QC issue? My Bruce sculpt seems to have this weird dark/black spot just under his lip on the left side, as seen in the pic below:

brucesculpt.jpg

Not sure what to do as this is my second figure from Sideshow (first figure got returned for QC issues also). Apart from this, it also came with a chipped scowling faceplate, paint chip on utility belt and ripped box in 4 places.

Haven't contacted Sideshow yet as I haven't decided what to do. Seeing as they are out of figures, they'll probably offer me a partial refund, or full refund, so I can either get partial refund or return for full refund and just buy the figure locally. Man, getting figures with QC issues is a pain in the a$$ :(

I think you are being a little to critical over a spot... Other stuff I dont know..

Hi Guys,

brucesculpt.jpg

If that black mark was your only problem, I wouldn't worry about that mark on Bruce's head. I have 3 of these figures and they are hand painted, so they will vary a bit. In the end, it is up to you.

The other issues with the other parts I'd be more concerned about. Seeing as you have these issues as well, I'd give it a shot and ask SS about what they could do.

Thanks, I just sent a request to Sideshow. If they can replace my utility belt and face plate I'll just keep this set as I don't want to go through the hassle of returning and getting another one. Takes too long and I could end up with worse problems. Got a feeling they won't have any replacement parts though.

That spot is barely noticeable. I had to search for it. If it was me I wouldn't even worry about it. But then again I wouldn't worry about any of that other stuff either....

Back