1/6 Hot Toys MMS Jawas & Power droid

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not too surprised this is meant to ship in the next four months or so. No actual headsculpt and easier paint application must help production to run a lot faster.

Hot Toys MMS Jawas & Power droid

I was just reposing my floppy SSC Jawas and I have to say that if you only want Jawas then I would definitely just get a set of those and forget about the overpriced HT version. It just can?t be that much better...
that said, I need the Gonk and will get this set - even if I feel like an idiot paying that price.
1a9ed5a2847a114a60cb4291bc9e6fdd.jpg

Re: Hot Toys MMS Jawas & Power droid

I dont think the word "gamble" is appropriately used in this context. Basically it is obivously you're not going to "win" anything from this gambling by purchasing this set with that retail price tag, even at $258, is just way too prohibitively expansive.

To explain what I mean by gamble at release; I'm going to wait and see if someone will be selling on eBay for retail or maybe even less if it's not a big seller and hope eBay does a 10% coupon or 10% eBay bucks around that time and buy then. I've gotten a couple HTs shipped for less than retail by getting lucky with that.

Yeah I'm happy enough with my Sideshow Jawas as well. Although I might consider upgrading with the HT robes when they get parted out, since they do seem to have a better texture and color.

FB_IMG_1568995916688.jpg

I ordered. Honestly I prefer the other Jawa but I don't want the Shoretrooper/Solo Trooper thing to happen to this.

Same. With all the price controversy and short turnaround I wonder if the run will just be extremely low. Watch these ironically become the new vinyl cape Jawas...

Yeah I'm happy enough with my Sideshow Jawas as well. Although I might consider upgrading with the HT robes when they get parted out, since they do seem to have a better texture and color.

View attachment 466581

That left one looks awesome Dave. Scarey even, he must be the evil brother.

I'm stealing that pose for sure !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. I was trying to get some personality to come through in the poses but it's not so easy to do with figures like these.

I've since shortened the robes since they were hanging a bit low after I shortened the bodies earlier. Fortunately the HT Jawas already appear to be a more accurate height.

Thanks guys. I was trying to get some personality to come through in the poses but it's not so easy to do with figures like these.

I've since shortened the robes since they were hanging a bit low after I shortened the bodies earlier. Fortunately the HT Jawas already appear to be a more accurate height.

The Jawas came in many sizes, and these are as accurate as the shorter ones.

[...]

You're right that the HT robe's weave in particular, looks more accurate -- but your Jawas look badass. Straight gangsta!

(I'm too old to say that.)

(But I collect dolls so...)

Not too surprised this is meant to ship in the next four months or so. No actual headsculpt and easier paint application must help production to run a lot faster.

Yes but Q1 still seems quite ambitious considering there are several Star Wars figures due to ship from Sideshow in Q3 that we have been waiting on a year or more that seem certain to be delayed a couple months or even longer.

I would get two jawas for the price but not interested in the droid for that price.

yeah not interested in the power droid at all. two jawas would look good next to a new farm boy luke 2.0.

I have been collecting for a decade now and I've never once complained about the price.
For me it's not a question of price if I see value in an item...

... but one Jawa and a Gonk droid for over $400 (in Australia) is literally a joke.
I was looking forward to buying this, but I just don't see anything reasonable about the price.

The Jawas came in many sizes, and these are as accurate as the shorter ones.

Yeah, maybe it's because the pre-SSC Jawas (Hasbro, and the Medicom one even more so) were SO tiny I actually prefer the taller Sideshow Jawa over the shorter one.

They really were a pretty diverse size range in the movie - the three that herd 3PO all come up to his chin or nose, and 3PO is not much below 6' tall.

SrEw3mD.jpg

Maybe it’s because of the Kenner figure but I’ve always pictured Jawas as really short. I don’t think I’d ever want a “tall” Jawa in my collection even if it was technically accurate.

Yeah, personally I like them a bit shorter than those tall ones in the pic. The costume just looks proportionately better on a smaller frame.

To me the best height is like the chief Jawa that talks to Owen - so a few inches below an adult's shoulder line.

The Medicom Jawa was just ridiculous - like waist height to an adult fig.

Back