1/6 Hot Toys MMS Jawas & Power droid

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, personally I like them a bit shorter than those tall ones in the pic. The costume just looks proportionately better on a smaller frame.

To me the best height is like the chief Jawa that talks to Owen - so a few inches below an adult's shoulder line.

The Medicom Jawa was just ridiculous - like waist height to an adult fig.

Yes, same. I think the smaller SSC Jawa is in that sweet spot. Is the HT Jawa smaller than that we assume?

Can?t beat a bit of Kenner nostalgia. Really looking forward to the Gonk.

45ad5ecb121f2ea887467bf64e4c73f0.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's a nitpicky point for sure but I do wish they had made the deeper toes on the more rounded style feet. The type of feet they used are a re-use from the other power droids HT showed a year or two ago (the Mos Eisley droids, though one of those is actually also in the sandcrawler.)

VxWKnfo.jpg

I never understadn how they became known as "gonk" droids - the noise they make sounds more like "gomm" than "gonk" and power droid is a bit generic but has a very retro Kenner vibe.

I wanted this set but in the UK it costs the equivalent of $375 US to order.

Utterly ridiculous price.

About 20-25% overpriced imo.

I will wait and try and get a deal. Same as I have had to do with Leia Endor and Wicket which came in at ?450+ too :(

I could understand the price point if it was TWO Jawas and the Gonk, but only one and a near statue of a droid — this should have been around $180. I’ll stick with my SS Jawas.

HOLY CRAP, I must have been seeing what I wanted to see! It's ONLY ONE JAWA?! No wonder everyone has lost their minds!

That price point is ridiculous!

It's a nitpicky point for sure but I do wish they had made the deeper toes on the more rounded style feet. The type of feet they used are a re-use from the other power droids HT showed a year or two ago (the Mos Eisley droids, though one of those is actually also in the sandcrawler.)

VxWKnfo.jpg

I never understadn how they became known as "gonk" droids - the noise they make sounds more like "gomm" than "gonk" and power droid is a bit generic but has a very retro Kenner vibe.

Well, you are correct, but the inaccuracies don't end there - They are in almost every panel / area of the droid, from the position of the buttons on his feet, thru the 'waist line', to the shape of those two knobs on his side....

Well, you are correct, but the inaccuracies don't end there - They are in almost every panel / area of the droid, from the position of the buttons on his feet, thru the 'waist line', to the shape of those two knobs on his side....

I totally get nitpicking these things, but as I see this release it?s more like A gonk droid and not a specific one. So if it?s a mic and match between the different ones I can live with that.

I totally get nitpicking these things, but as I see this release it?s more like A gonk droid and not a specific one. So if it?s a mic and match between the different ones I can live with that.

I know I've been going on and on about these figures also tying into the Mandalorian, but I'll be pausing it at the point where that Gonk droid shows up and checking the toe pattern. Camel toe or no camel toe.

VxWKnfo.jpg

That's not a very accurate Gonk... if that's the ref anyway.

Yes but Q1 still seems quite ambitious considering there are several Star Wars figures due to ship from Sideshow in Q3 that we have been waiting on a year or more that seem certain to be delayed a couple months or even longer.

Delay is likely, especially if you take chinese new year (end of january) into account. Yet, there there's gotta be undisclosed reasons giving them the confidence they can have this set in stock in the next 6 month or so instead of the usual 12-15 months window.

Delay is likely, especially if you take chinese new year (end of january) into account. Yet, there there's gotta be undisclosed reasons giving them the confidence they can have this set in stock in the next 6 month or so instead of the usual 12-15 months window.

Low lead time could be simply due to,

1). Low pre-order volume expected due to price & SS market saturation of Jawas
2). No head sculpt and easy costume
3). Gone very easy mould & paint job.

Again makes me wonder why they even bother. But perhaps they just want something out when E9 and The Mandalorian hype is at it's greatest ??

Yeah, maybe it's because the pre-SSC Jawas (Hasbro, and the Medicom one even more so) were SO tiny I actually prefer the taller Sideshow Jawa over the shorter one.

They really were a pretty diverse size range in the movie - the three that herd 3PO all come up to his chin or nose, and 3PO is not much below 6' tall.

SrEw3mD.jpg

Yup. 3PO was 5?9?. Just an inch taller than Luke at 5?8?. Very wide range of Jawa heights. Almost seemed like the shorter ones were in charge. Maybe there is a height dominance hierarchy amongst Jawas that favor the short.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The shorter a Jawa, the smarter it is. Just like the Daltons in Lucky Luke.

Yeah, the whole shape of the shoe/foot is off - you can see that the onscreen droid has quite rounded feet, especially on the undersurface.

What's funny about the two knobs on the side Kenner rendered them as lights in their vintage fig's packaging pic. A hidden light-up feature would have been a cool "easter egg" addition.

It's kind of impressive that propmakers in 1976 made more than one style of power droid feet - for background characters you'd think they'd have just made one.

That's not a very accurate Gonk... if that's the ref anyway.

Maybe rustyj (the member who's made several gonks) will take note and make an accurate sandcrawler gonk instead of us all way-overpaying for an inaccurate gonk that comes with a Jawa that doesn't come with the classic Jawa rifle.:dunno

Yup. 3PO was 5?9?. Just an inch taller than Luke at 5?8?. Very wide range of Jawa heights. Almost seemed like the shorter ones were in charge. Maybe there is a height dominance hierarchy amongst Jawas that favor the short.

Both the tall and short Jawas accuse each other of height privilege and not embracing height diversity. Then there's the hairy-hands Jawas and their treatment by non-hairy hands Jawas.

Both the tall and short Jawas accuse each other of height privilege and not embracing height diversity. Then there's the hairy-hands Jawas and their treatment by non-hairy hands Jawas.

Perhaps the hairy hands are a symbol of superiority? Like the Dothraki hair braids in Game of Thrones the Jawas must shave their hands when they are defeated in battle....or perhaps it's when they are out-swindled in a droid transaction:monkey3

Yeah, the whole shape of the shoe/foot is off - you can see that the onscreen droid has quite rounded feet, especially on the undersurface.

What's funny about the two knobs on the side Kenner rendered them as lights in their vintage fig's packaging pic. A hidden light-up feature would have been a cool "easter egg" addition.

It's kind of impressive that propmakers in 1976 made more than one style of power droid feet - for background characters you'd think they'd have just made one.

Maybe rustyj (the member who's made several gonks) will take note and make an accurate sandcrawler gonk instead of us all way-overpaying for an inaccurate gonk that comes with a Jawa that doesn't come with the classic Jawa rifle.:dunno

Perhaps the hairy hands are a symbol of superiority? Like the Dothraki hair braids in Game of Thrones the Jawas must shave their hands when they are defeated in battle....or perhaps it's when they are out-swindled in a droid transaction:monkey3

There's some old tale about hairy hands...

ROTFL!!!

Love this thread.

Back