Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Rey 1/6th Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I personally don't mind the knee joints so I wouldn't even consider it, but even if I absolutely despised the exposed joints it still wouldn't be worth it. Even if there was a body that matched the skin tone it wouldn't have the freckle detailing that's on the HT body so you're just losing detail to avoid maybe seeing the knee joints.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Danoby2 switched out Rey's Hot Toys body for a Phicen body. I wanted to hear the opinions of those who have the figure if this upgrade would be worth it or if it's fine as it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lk6OFTfhMMo

It's interesting Rey's head properly fits on a Phichen. Phicen tends to have a longer neck or post. For example, Leia and Pepper Potts look terrible on any Phicen that I own. ScarJo is passable, but you can see a gap in certain poses. I just tried the Rey head on a Phicen and it looks pretty damn good. I'll have to watch the video later to see how he handles footwear. On the other hand, I think Rey looks fine as is and I kind of like the HT body.

I would be the first to jump on the Phicen bandwagon, but I'm fine with the tan arms of the HT. Phicen becomes too pale and the head is wobbly because of the seamless neck post.

I already modded her breasts a while ago. It's a simple process but IMO it doesn't really make a difference

Left: Breast cups removed

attachment.php

Gorgeous, TonTon. Kind of a challenge to get her headwrap to hang loose enough (since its so fitted tightly to her face) to avoid looking like Spiderman or a ninja. This does inspire me to take her outdoors though now that the weekend is here.

Has anybody else ever had a loose elbow joint, on this figure or any figure on the female body? I have WS Black Widow and AOU Scarlet Witch and both have always been fine, but Rey's top right elbow joint has gotten loose in the couple of days that I've had her. It's not a big deal since I swapped the arm with my Widow, but I'd like to fix it and have them with their original arms for OCD sake.

You might be able to make her a bit taller, but you'd still have a long ways to go before she'd look the proper height next to Kylo, so it's probably not worth the effort. And with the small head it would throw off the proportions too much anyway.

I would be curious to see some side by side comparisons with the figure and Daisy though, to see how they match up and if there's any room to increase her height at all.

I switched the foot pegs out for those from the Han figure as they're a bit shorter than Kylo's. I think it'll come down to what pairings I'm going for but it helped when putting these two side by side (also helps that he has a slight hunch in this shot too). Not perfect but every little bit helps.

I enjoy mixing up the display in part by switching up pairings so having Rey with Ren on occasion is sort of a must.

I added a tiny bit of padding for his shoulders in order to compensate for the robes now hanging further down.

268f982ca98786255388bc6ea31f0d01.jpg

I just checked them out by doing a search for your photobucket name and was able to see them and then when I came back tapatalk shows one of your pics as the main image for the thread but then when I'm in the thread I still can't see them. Stupid app. :lol

Anyway, cool display. Ren looks very menacing.

He's okay. I can't seem to get a natural looking pose out of him. It's the torso maybe. I need to tweak Rey though. Her leg stance is definitely "out of the box" looking, lol.

By the way, are her pant legs supposed to be tucked up and rolled inward? When I pulled off the plastic, they just kind of unfolded themselves without asking.

I switched the foot pegs out for those from the Han figure as they're a bit shorter than Kylo's. I think it'll come down to what pairings I'm going for but it helped when putting these two side by side (also helps that he has a slight hunch in this shot too). Not perfect but every little bit helps.

I enjoy mixing up the display in part by switching up pairings so having Rey with Ren on occasion is sort of a must.

I added a tiny bit of padding for his shoulders in order to compensate for the robes now hanging further down.

Yeah it'd be nice if there were some way of shrinking him down more, but it appears that damn robe just won't really let you do it. Plus I ultimately want to use that custom Driver head and it's ginormous next to her head anyway, so I'll just have to live with him towering over her I guess. Lol

Here's my photo contribution. :) Got my Rey + BB-8 set the other day. Really happy with them.

Had to set up, shoot, and edit while my son was napping. It was a rush to get this done! haha!

Rey_Kylo_1.jpg

Nice photo, khyrox! So I was just browsing the visual dictionary and came across a note that Rey's goggle lenses are green because they're scavenged stormtrooper lenses. Did not know that.

Back