Hot Toys - MMS125 Terminator 2: Judgment Day: 1/6 Scale T-1000 as Sarah Connor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was right there with you on that mission. But I'll probably stay awake anyway just because of a chronic lack of self discipline regarding my sleeping patterns.

How did you find out that Toys2 charged your card straight away? Did you ring up your CC company? I've got internet banking but it takes a few working days for any transaction to appear.

Toys2 doesn't charge, they put a preauth hold on your card for a few days, it's a pain but it goes away and then you're not actually charaged until it ships.

Did you order this Maulfan? I suspect you didn't since you haven't said anything either way. Taking the chance on Sideshow?

Couldn't, my CC's tied up with the hold charge from the regular T-1000, I want to, but no card to put it on. I was prepared to deal with Sideshow anyhow, so I'll just go that route, and if she pops back up in the next day or so on Toys2 I'll go for that.

Couldn't, my CC's tied up with the hold charge from the regular T-1000, I want to, but no card to put it on. I was prepared to deal with Sideshow anyhow, so I'll just go that route, and if she pops back up in the next day or so on Toys2 I'll go for that.

If worse comes to worse I ordered two, so consider one yours if you miss out.

Thats very decent of you, very decent indeed.

Looks like DiFabio has missed this round too, though I know he was only looking for the T-1000 head.

If worse comes to worse I ordered two, so consider one yours if you miss out.

That'd be mighty awesome of you, special sneak peak of photos for you before the masses if that scenario plays out :rock

I'm not too worried at the moment, I really didn't think Toys2'd get any, but of course had I been able to order I would have just to be secure. I sure hope those ordering with Toys2 will have some assurance their order will indeed be fulfilled before the Sideshow preorder, it'd suck to think you're getting it and ignore the Sideshow ordering and then find out, of course you could SSC order and cancel later.

I didn't order either. I just don't trust BBTS or Toys2 on this. I'm ordering from Sideshow. I suspect a lot of guys that think they've secured this might end up burned because BBTS and/or Toys2 can't come through. I'd think Toys2 is a little more in the know that BBTS, but we haven't heard anything to the contrary of this still being highly limted. And if these guys think they sold 200+ each, they're going to come up really empty handed.

I hope they are just ahead of the curve and this will get a wider release, but I'm just not risking it right now. I know my order for her is confirmed if I order through Sideshow, but its a gamble to bank on either of these guys coming through.

Except that BBTS is no risk. There is no cost in canceling an order, so you might as well order and hope for the best. Of course, you should also try to order from Sideshow, just in case ;)

Toys2 will refund you if they can't fill the order anyway. I imagine some of the people who ordered today will still be trying for a slot in Sideshow's offering to be sure they get one secure.

I think Toys2 can be counted on, they seem to have a relationship with HT direct, where BBTS is probably Sideshow supplied on this, who knows what the story is, Toys2 stock could be part of the HK numbers for this too, not Sideshow's stateside quantity.

If this is still a super limited piece, I'll feel safer ordering from Sideshow, just because I know their stock can be counted on to be true.

Yeah I don't see it as a risk ordering from toys2, I thought I'd get the order in because of not being entirely confident about getting a Sideshow order in on time and/or possibly not having internet access at the time. And in fact, if I was cancelling a superfluous order I'd be cancelling the Sideshow one - thats not even thinking of toys2's cancellation fee - because seemingly anything I get from SS I end up having to pay customs on.

Back up at Toys2, I forgot I could put it as a money order order for now and change it to a CC later so I placed my order to lock it in.

21 left at Toys2.

Well done. The fact that its back up with a few more again gives me confidence that Toys2 know how many they can get and that people's existing orders will all be accounted for.

Back up at Toys2, I forgot I could put it as a money order order for now and change it to a CC later so I placed my order to lock it in.

21 left at Toys2.

Pheeeeew ............. hehe, just kidding of course :nana:

Oh and Toys2 is an official North American distributor, I wouldn't worry about them.

Well again, Toys2 maybe drawing some stock from the HK numbers. Their Dark Knight inventory was part of the HK release, they weren't supplied by DCD, the American distributor, and in this case, Sideshow is the American distributor.

So it could be, Sideshow is still the only source for 500 from them, but Toys2 is another North American source supplied from HK stock.

Either way, as long as the numbers are legit, which I think they'll be, it should all be good. Unfortunately, until she ships or I secure and order with Sideshow too, I'm still weary if I've truly got one secured.

Back