Hot Toys - MMS130 - Predators: Berserker Predator (Full Spec & Pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup we definitely got short changed by Hot Toys here. I am not gonna cry but it is very dissapointing.

The upper torso is shorter on the final fig than it was on the pro to so maybe there was a breakage issue with the longer torso or maybe it wad just a mistake?

Either way, HT made a big swing about the size and we as fans have a right to be proper annoyed here!!

If Hot Toys would fix this Pred they would make more money than theyre going to now.

I think it is really just P1 made a little shorter than any other Pred. IMO
IMG_3008.jpg

legs and abdomen of City hunter are ridiculous. The Berserker's body is perfect!

I believe that picture above speaks for itself. Berserker may not be as tall as we'd like to see him, but his body type just dwarfs all previous Pred bodies, which utlimately negates any height "discrepancy".

I believe that picture above speaks for itself. Berserker may not be as tall as we'd like to see him, but his body type just dwarfs all previous Pred bodies, which utlimately negates any height "discrepancy".

body type got nothing to do with the HEIGHT issue, IMO.

^bulky, yes. but i dont see SUPER pred Berserker, dwarfing other regular predators so far...aside from the midget P1.

Meh, he looks fine. Bigger would have been cooler but it's not a deal breaker. :dunno "I'm keepin' ma baby!" What next custom leg extentions ala TDK custom socks? Pffft.

Well..no it doesn't. Before, he was going to be both better proportioned and taller. Now hes just better proportioned. Hence height discrepancy has not in any way been negated.

Well..no it doesn't. Before, he was going to be both better proportioned and taller. Now hes just better proportioned. Hence height discrepancy has not in any way been negated.

:exactly:

But I know a surefire way for HT to negate ALL complaints: lower the price. We can't expect them to retool the final production, as manufacture is already underway. But since the ONLY justification of their price hike for these new Preds is negated, they should man up and bring down the price to a more reasonable level. It should be priced $20-$30 lower, especially since you're essentially just getting a Pred that is the same height but has far less articulation and far less accessories.

If you ask me, it should be $50 lower but I'm guessing we won't get even a cent back.

But I know a surefire way for HT to negate ALL complaints: lower the price. We can't expect them to retool the final production, as manufacture is already underway. But since the ONLY justification of their price hike for these new Preds is negated, they should man up and bring down the price to a more reasonable level. It should be priced $30-$50 lower, especially since you're essentially just getting a Pred that is the same height but has far less articulation and far less accessories.

Fans were willing to pay the high amount for a figure with few accessories because of the significant height difference from P1, which has been HT's high selling point for the figure. This is evidenced by all of their promo ads for the figure, as well as the protos they showed at the conventions. Since they took that away from the figure (inadvertently or not), they no longer have the right to charge for the full amount, because basically what they did was false advertising. It doesn't even matter whether they intended to or not. The fact of the matter is the final product is not what they promised. That's false advertising.

But I know a surefire way for HT to negate ALL complaints: lower the price. We can't expect them to retool the final production, as manufacture is already underway. But since the ONLY justification of their price hike for these new Preds is negated, they should man up and bring down the price to a more reasonable level. It should be priced $30-$50 lower, especially since you're essentially just getting a Pred that is the same height but has far less articulation and far less accessories.

Fans were willing to pay the high amount for a figure with few accessories because of the significant height difference from P1, which has been HT's high selling point for the figure. This is evidenced by all of their promo ads for the figure, as well as the protos they showed at the conventions. Since they took that away from the figure (inadvertently or not), they no longer have the right to charge for the full amount, because basically what they did was false advertising. It doesn't even matter whether they intended to or not. The fact of the matter is the final product is not what they promised. That's false advertising.

Alright, frankly who are you to tell them what to charge regarding their product? I mean there's like two people on here that can do nothing but whine and complain. The simple fact is you guys lied to yourselves. You talked yourselves into believing something when the producer said no such thing. Whether it was a combination of prototype pics along with the whole Predators idea of larger nastier preds, I don't know.

The price is high but fair. If you don't like it, go buy the other 1/6 predator on the market...oh yeah, there isn't one! The newly designed bodies are more than worth the increase in price. Think about it. When HT redesigned the human muscle body there wasn't an increase. You know why? Because they can use that body on multiple figures. The new pred body only works for preds. :dunno

Read the small print. What does it say?:gah:

"Final product might be slightly different." Dunno if you've followed along the past few pages, but we've been over that statement at least twice and this really doesn't count as "slightly different," especially if Berserker's size was used as a selling point that HT even emphasized.

They promised us pickles, yet we got baby dills.

They advertised him at 14 inches. He is right in the neighborhood of 14 inches. Besides, that is the P1 pred which is a little more than 13 inches. The berserker looks about an inch taller than the 13 inch pred standing next to him. That would make him, imagine that, 14 inches, as advertised.

Back