Hot Toys - MMS130 - Predators: Berserker Predator (Full Spec & Pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The second batch is going to look just like the
first batch. HT is not going to change anything.
Folks are already getting notification from SS that
Mr. Black is going to be available in early Dec.
The only way that HT will make any changes to
him, IMO, is if they produce a DX version.

I guessed as much too. There's simply too much to correct that they'll need to retool their production to accommodate the recommended changes (not just the height). I don't think they'll do a DX version of this. The line is reserved for the most iconic characters/personalities (though I wonder why TDK Batman got that distinction. The Joker I can understand). P1 would be a more likely candidate than Berserker, but I don't think PERS would be good on a Predator figure, especially since most people display their with their bio on.

Uh huh. Yes? Or you could just interpret it as In My Honest Opinion and pat yourself in the back because clearly you get so few of those.

And like I said. It IS hyping things up a lot. And it did. That's a FACT. I honestly don't know what planet you were in when that pic was shown, but it did have the intended effect. I think you fail (or simply DON'T want to) understand that companies DO NOT show pics like that just for the heck of it. That's Marketing 101. Now, unless you can prove otherwise, then your statement remains unfounded. Why? Because they go against marketing strategies. It's inconsequential whether it's a single photo or several. When a company shows a photo of their product, even in proto, then they're advertising it. Adding in the moniker "Realistic and Accurate 1:6th Scale" further compounds that the pic shown IS an advertisement and is meant to hype the figure up and increase orders (or demand for preorders) from retailers and distributors. Companies need these numbers because these add up to their accounts receivables.

And the one shown is the P1. The proto shown was also displayed in at least TWO events with the P1. So it's clear that HT was marketing the product by merit of its height. The shrinkage was intentional (fewer raw materials used may be not much for a single figure, but it's a wallop of savings when taken account the full number of production). They thought they could get away with it. People who bought it noticed and complained, which led to HT issuing a statement.

The facts are that Hot Toys stated 14" in their specifications and that there are 14 photos that showed the figure we are getting. Classic predator isn't P1, so everything you're saying is based on a figure protoype that you don't even know the size of. Not to forget the 'prototype shown, product may be slightly different' disclaimer. Most of us here are big fans of Hot Toys, so trying to vilify them with your rhetoric is pointless. But you will ignore those FACTS and continue on with your anti Hot Toys campaign, won't you? Of course you will... Anyway, the figure is in scale with movie berserker now, so i don't understand what you're even arguing about anymore.

The second batch is going to look just like the
first batch. HT is not going to change anything.
Folks are already getting notification from SS that
Mr. Black is going to be available in early Dec.
The only way that HT will make any changes to
him, IMO, is if they produce a DX version.
Or a battle-damaged version with two heads; one bloodied and missing a mandible and one clean. Plus, a stump of an arm like the battle-damaged predator 2, and ideally a light up left gauntlet (at no point in the film is his gauntlet not glowing red). Oh, and longer dreads and a movie-accurate head sculpt too please :yess:

Or a battle-damaged version with two heads; one bloodied and missing a mandible and one clean. Plus, a stump of an arm like the battle-damaged predator 2, and ideally a light up left gauntlet (at no point in the film is his gauntlet not glowing red). Oh, and longer dreads and a movie-accurate head sculpt too please :yess:

I hate to say it but I would probably buy that too

I think that people who based the bulk of their decision on the size difference between P1, sorry "Classic," and Berserker are silly. I think that for several reasons, one is because it is a single photo, not several duo pictures showing the size difference. The other reason being that it clearly said that the figure was 14 inches tall in the specs. Although, I will not say that I am not saddened by the size decrease, it is not a big deal with me. Of course I wanted a ____ing Andre the Giant Predator but the entire sculpt to me is quite nice and size was just a bonus. Paint and sculpt take priority with me and I feel that HT has nailed both of those. Granted there are some missing paint apps on the legs, big whoop, the body, arms, thighs and face/head still look nice so it's fine, those matter more to me than a couple little spots on the inner shins. The figure also has its flaw, short dreads and not 100 percent screen accurate but it still looks nice and I will leave you guys at: I think this figure, despite its flaws, is a very nice figure and that I am not wasting my money one bit on this newly, revolutionary figure.

Exactly! Well said. :clap

The facts are that Hot Toys stated 14" in their specifications and that there are 14 photos that showed the figure we are getting. Classic predator isn't P1, so everything you're saying is based on a figure protoype that you don't even know the size of. Not to forget the 'prototype shown, product may be slightly different' disclaimer. Most of us here are big fans of Hot Toys, so trying to vilify them with your rhetoric is pointless. But YOU WILL ignore those FACTS and continue on with your anti Hot Toys campaign, won't you? Of course you will... Anyway, the figure is in scale with movie berserker now, so i don't understand what you're even arguing about anymore.

Well, except for the facts that:

1. That's not the "Classic" Predator. That's the P1. They haven't even shown the "Classic" Predator yet. No photos, no specs, no announcements of a prototype. Let me remind you again, They showed the Berserker proto along with the P1 on at least two events. So you're saying they're the Classic? The P1 has been called the Classic Pred long before the Predators movie showed up.

2. The disclaimer says slightly. The changes aren't slight. From the height down to the paint apps.

3. You seem to forget that I'm a fan of HT as well especially since majority of my 1:6th collection are HT figures. But unlike you, I'm not a blind fanboy. When I see something wrong, I point it out.

4. Again, it's not in scale to the movieverse, something which HT was evidently going for.

5. The 14 photos show the Pred mostly alone, yes. But the comparative photo is still the most relevant of all because that was their most important selling point.

6. Your FACTS are flawed. Please try again.

Neither of you will back down. Each of you have posted your opinions and views and both of you have made it quite obvious that you are firm believers of your opinion. Each of you have taken the path of willed ignorance, not a bad thing, and that should be the end of the argument. There will be no way to sway one another's opinion.

Don't forget an accurately scaled bio.

Wrong. :slap :slap:slap:slap You aren't going to back down now.... no way! I knew it...:lol

You are wrong about the classic in the photo with berserker ..that is the p1 predator that everyone already has its nothing new, no word yet on the New classic predator,which should come with the new predator body.

At the time of the proto pics why would they do a size compare between two figs that are not even out?? ..it would be pointless!

The facts are that Hot Toys stated 14" in their specifications and that there are 14 photos that showed the figure we are getting! Classic predator isn't P1, so everything Iampoch is saying is based on a figure prototype that he didn't even know the size of. Not to forget the 'prototype shown, product may be slightly different' disclaimer. Makes his arguments look incredibly naive and ignorant to me. Hot Toys aren't liars and thieves trying to cheat people out of their money... :slap

And since you can't support even that argument, I'll just chalk it up to just one of your really uneducated guesses. You can't even say which of my statements sere wrong in the first place.

@ Darth_Fatso:

True that. They could at least correct 1/2 of the inaccurate head size by giving us a larger bio. If they correct the Berserker in a BD version and the price is fair, then I'll get that and sell this clean version.

The facts are that Hot Toys stated 14" in their specifications and that there are 14 photos that showed the figure we are getting! Classic predator isn't P1, so everything Iampoch is saying is based on a figure prototype that he didn't even know the size of. Not to forget the 'prototype shown, product may be slightly different' disclaimer. Makes his arguments look incredibly naive and ignorant to me. Hot Toys aren't liars and thieves trying to cheat people out of their money...

Yeah, it's all lies and we should believe you... :lol

Back