Hot Toys - MMS130 - Predators: Berserker Predator (Full Spec & Pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Neither of you will back down. Each of you have posted your opinions and views and both of you have made it quite obvious that you are firm believers of your opinion. Each of you have taken the path of willed ignorance, not a bad thing, and that should be the end of the argument. There will be no way to sway one another's opinion.

Here's my opinion, this figure sucks so bad it's awsome! I love to hate how inaccurate it's awesome sculpt is. I love Hot Toys even though they suck and by showing them how much I dislike them and their awesome innaccurate figure, I'm gonna give them my money by buying said crappily awesome figure. Damn you Hot Toys, I love your innaccurate products. I.e. I still love this figure despite it's flaws and will still purchase it even though it's not HT's best work.

Or a battle-damaged version with two heads; one bloodied and missing a mandible and one clean. Plus, a stump of an arm like the battle-damaged predator 2, and ideally a light up left gauntlet (at no point in the film is his gauntlet not glowing red). Oh, and longer dreads and a movie-accurate head sculpt too please :yess:
Did the Berserker get one of his mandibles chopped off when Royce was jacking him up? Because I see you said something about a missing mandible. If he did lose a mandible I missed it in the movie.

Well the photo says CLASSIC. Argue with them... :slap

And like said already. The P1 is KNOWN as the Classic Pred long before the Predators movie. Even after the movie was shown P1 is still considered the Classic. It's only in our cirlces that we made a distinction between P1 and "Classic" to differentiate MMS90 from an assumed upcoming "Classic" Pred.

Here's the speculation:

It may have started out that HT intended to give us a Super Pred. Along the way, though, for one reason or the other, they decided to shrink the body to cut costs and increase their profit margin. As said, the cost savings peri piece would be minimal, but it'll amount to a lot when you look at it from a bigger perspective. They thought people wouldn't notice or mind. They were wrong. The flak was so great that they released a statement. Obviously, a lot were still pissed. What's even more baffling is that HT hasn't done unhanded tactics before. But this is clearly such a case.

Why wouldn't i?:D

Hey Guys the berserker is Awesome, full stop !.. stop trying to come up with bulls*it reasons for negativity. He looks mad. Paint , size, mask everything. Ps he looks better when he is not 14". he is still bigger in body mass, but NOT TOO TALL. perfect.:yess:

@ Darth_Fatso:

True that. They could at least correct 1/2 of the inaccurate head size by giving us a larger bio. If they correct the Berserker in a BD version and the price is fair, then I'll get that and sell this clean version.

Honestly the small bio is my biggest complaint. I plan to display him with the bio on and while the small head does bother me aswell, not as much as the bio. I really hope if nothing else one of our resident customizers makes an accurately scaled bio. Of coures if they do, then I'd want Falconer and Tracker to have bigger bios too.

If HT does make an BD version with accurately sized head and bio, I'll just buy the parts seperately and keep the clean version.

Honestly the small bio is my biggest complaint. I plan to display him with the bio on and while the small head does bother me aswell, not as much as the bio. I really hope if nothing else one of our resident customizers makes an accurately scaled bio. Of coures if they do, then I'd want Falconer and Tracker to have bigger bios too.

If HT does make an BD version with accurately sized head and bio, I'll just buy the parts seperately and keep the clean version.

I hope so too. I was contemplating on buying those bio from tyler or baloo, but it's at a lower priority at the moment. However, Berserker definitely needs an accurate bio.

It'll be trickier for Falconer and Tacker since the masks seem to be molded onto the face. We can only hope that HT corrects them.

And like said already. The P1 is KNOWN as the Classic Pred long before the Predators movie. Even after the movie was shown P1 is still considered the Classic. It's only in our cirlces that we made a distinction between P1 and "Classic" to differentiate MMS90 from an assumed upcoming "Classic" Pred.

Here's the speculation:

It may have started out that HT intended to give us a Super Pred. Along the way, though, for one reason or the other, they decided to shrink the body to cut costs and increase their profit margin. As said, the cost savings peri piece would be minimal, but it'll amount to a lot when you look at it from a bigger perspective. They thought people wouldn't notice or mind. They were wrong. The flak was so great that they released a statement. Obviously, a lot were still pissed. What's even more baffling is that HT hasn't done unhanded tactics before. But this is clearly such a case.

I think they shrunk the body by 1/4" because it was more accurate to the movie. :slap maybe you should check the photo out again because THE PREDATOR (P1) looks different. Accessories, etc.

And the fact that Hot Toys stated 14" in their specifications and that there are 14 photos that showed the figure we got! Not to forget the 'prototype shown, product may be slightly different' disclaimer. Who cares about one photo...

Hot Toys aren't liars and thieves trying to cheat people out of their money as you would have us all believe... :slap

Last edited:
Because it's so lame...

No ..whats "lame" is your inability to see that the predator next to berserker is the p1(that is out already) with its bone trophies removed to be like the movie ..a stand in for what they will actually release in time, a new predator that uses the same new body as berserker and falconer.

Why would they release the same figure again on the same old body after just creating a brand new more realisic looking body? ..it would be stupid:gah:, and hell if that really was the "classic" predator(its not) from predators you would think they would put his damaged mask on to enforce the idea ..right??

That's opinion, not fact. We don't know for a fact that it was THE PREDATOR (P1) in that single prototype photo. :dunno
Just like we don't know for a fact that HT's Berserker predator figure is based on the one in the movie that just came out.. It could be a completely different Berserker Predator..

That's opinion, not fact. We don't know for a fact that it was THE PREDATOR (P1) in that single prototype photo. :dunno I'm not getting all carried away and bothered by 1 photo of prototypes.

It's my opinion that the earth is flat and that 1+1=3. Fact remains I'm still wrong. Also there were pics of proto Berserker standing next to Gort who I belive uses the same body as P1 and the Proto Berserker still towered over Gort compared to the actuall figure we got. Personally I DO like the shorter version we got as it is screen accurate but I totally understand where the others are comming from.

Just like we don't know for a fact that HT's Berserker predator figure is based on the one in the movie that just came out.. It could be a completely different Berserker Predator..

I thought it was based off of concept and costume... If so then it really was partially based off of a different Berserker.

It's my opinion that the earth is flat and that 1+1=3. Fact remains I'm still wrong. Also there were pics of proto Berserker standing next to Gort who I belive uses the same body as P1 and the Proto Berserker still towered over Gort compared to the actuall figure we got. Personally I DO like the shorter version we got as it is screen accurate but I totally understand where the others are comming from.

You've made 100's of posts saying the same thing over and over about Berserker... It's such a drama for you, you aren't happy with it. For the love of God, don't buy it! :lol

Hey guys anyone here in australia got one yet????????????????????????????????????????????????????

im dying for it !!!

I think they shrunk the body by 1/4" because it was more accurate to the movie. :slap maybe you should check the photo out again because the THE PREDATOR (P1) looks different. Accessories, etc.

No, if that were the case, they'd show an update. They didn't. Actually, they didn't even release an explanation until the people who got their complained.

And the fact that Hot Toys stated 14" in their specifications and that there are 14 photos that showed the figure we got! Not to forget the 'prototype shown, product may be slightly different' disclaimer. Who cares about one photo...

Apparently a lot for HT to send out a statement. They wouldn't if it wasn't that big a deal.

Hot Toys aren't liars and thieves trying to cheat people out of their money as you would have us all believe... :slap

And as I've previously stated: they didn't do this before. But you can't dispel the fact that they lied here, regardless if they originally intended to or not (which I doubt that they intentionally did). However, this is a classic case of what happens when a company severely dominates a market. It's better that HT knows that their customers are watching their moves closely instead of continually giving them the benefit of the doubt.

As for the "Classic" pred shown here:

15Predators_BerserkerPredatorcopy.jpg

Really, things need to be pointed out to you?

Back