Hot Toys - MMS130 - Predators: Berserker Predator (Full Spec & Pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im going to wait and see what the second batch looks like. Dont want to get this one and then have them improve on it.

I think that would be worst than changing the size if every batch was different.Can you imagine the complaints if they were all different.

promo:

2c327b575351.jpg

result:

ad3779dace8f.jpg

sad.

That's a really good catch! Honestly, HT really F---ed up on this one big time. I hope I'll be getting the second batch instead of the first. If not, then this will be the first time that I'll go through the hassle of e-mailing HT for a replacement etc.

I think that would be worst than changing the size if every batch was different.Can you imagine the complaints if they were all different.

If it's for the better, then why not? They did that for DX Batman. Then again, the aesthetics of that figure remained the same. Changes necessary for this figure will make beach batch look distinct.

I'm getting 2 from each batch. I'll also be getting 2 Royce's as well, I'll be selling the one I get from eBay though......

Result of changing the first wave.People selling the first wave for the updated wave and others that cant wait for the product like my self.But due to money im getting the 2 wave,score!

I don't get it. Is this really going to work in "batches"?

Either way, my guys are probably getting stock from SSC, which won't be for a while now.

Okay, I need a quick answer.

For those of you that have alrdy gotten your Berserkers, do you think by any chance it's better than T2 T-800? Cuz I'm planning on cancelling my preorder for some in-stock T-800s, but they're running dry.

I don't get it. Is this really going to work in "batches"?

Either way, my guys are probably getting stock from SSC, which won't be for a while now.

Speculatively. They've made updates in batches before and that's what we're hoping for. Then again, I'm still hoping for a rebate or something like that.

For those of you that have alrdy gotten your Berserkers, do you think by any chance it's better than T2 T-800? Cuz I'm planning on cancelling my preorder for some in-stock T-800s, but they're running dry.

Can't really answer your question regarding a comparison between Berserker and T-800 but I can tell you that the T-800 is one of the BEST figures of 2010. It will be a missed opportunity if you passed one up.

Hmmm, T2 T-800 has more iconic value than new boy berserker predator. However perhaps you could wait for the Battledamaged T-800 from T2 or get one of the T1 versions if you must have one of these new predators.

Hmmm, T2 T-800 has more iconic value than new boy berserker predator. However perhaps you could wait for the Battledamaged T-800 from T2 or get one of the T1 versions if you must have one of these new predators.

Nah, Predators, I think I can wait. Thanks, and I'm going for the T-800. Battledamage just isn't my thing. It's more like a complimentary peace for a fully clean figure. And the T-1, I'll be getting as well, at least when the Police Shootout version comes out. Gives me some more time to save.
And I hope the Predators sequel will have better Preds.

Or to be more precise, I hope HT has learned a valuable lesson from this Berserker fiasco. If they're become really douchy, though, they'll just take it that their customers will sell even if they use underhanded techniques like bait-and-switch.

Congrats on keeping your T-800 order :) It's one of the best figures around.

Nah, Predators, I think I can wait. Thanks, and I'm going for the T-800. Battledamage just isn't my thing. It's more like a complimentary peace for a fully clean figure. And the T-1, I'll be getting as well, at least when the Police Shootout version comes out. Gives me some more time to save.
Where did you find a t-800 for sale?

Last edited:
Or to be more precise, I hope HT has learned a valuable lesson from this Berserker fiasco. If they're become really douchy, though, they'll just take it that their customers will sell even if they use underhanded techniques like bait-and-switch.

Congrats on keeping your T-800 order :) It's one of the best figures around.

In Your Humble Opinion? :rotfl I'll say it again... A single prototype photo next to classic predator isn't hyping things up very much. The specs always stated 14"and the rest of the photos pretty much showed us what we are getting now. Maybe the classic shown was shorter than P1. Anyway, they said that the product might be different to the one that was shown.

In Your Humble Opinion? :rotfl I'll say it again... A single prototype photo next to classic predator isn't hyping things up very much. The specs always stated 14"and the rest of the photos pretty much showed us what we are getting now. Maybe the classic shown was shorter than P1. Anyway, they said that the product might be different to the one that was shown.

I think that people who based the bulk of their decision on the size difference between P1, sorry "Classic," and Berserker are silly. I think that for several reasons, one is because it is a single photo, not several duo pictures showing the size difference. The other reason being that it clearly said that the figure was 14 inches tall in the specs. Although, I will not say that I am not saddened by the size decrease, it is not a big deal with me. Of course I wanted a ____ing Andre the Giant Predator but the entire sculpt to me is quite nice and size was just a bonus. Paint and sculpt take priority with me and I feel that HT has nailed both of those. Granted there are some missing paint apps on the legs, big whoop, the body, arms, thighs and face/head still look nice so it's fine, those matter more to me than a couple little spots on the inner shins. The figure also has its flaw, short dreads and not 100 percent screen accurate but it still looks nice and I will leave you guys at: I think this figure, despite its flaws, is a very nice figure and that I am not wasting my money one bit on this newly, revolutionary figure.

Uh huh. Yes? Or you could just interpret it as In My Honest Opinion and pat yourself in the back because clearly you get so few of those.

And like I said. It IS hyping things up a lot. And it did. That's a FACT. I honestly don't know what planet you were in when that pic was shown, but it did have the intended effect. I think you fail (or simply DON'T want to) understand that companies DO NOT show pics like that just for the heck of it. That's Marketing 101. Now, unless you can prove otherwise, then your statement remains unfounded. Why? Because they go against marketing strategies. It's inconsequential whether it's a single photo or several. When a company shows a photo of their product, even in proto, then they're advertising it. Adding in the moniker "Realistic and Accurate 1:6th Scale" further compounds that the pic shown IS an advertisement and is meant to hype the figure up and increase orders (or demand for preorders) from retailers and distributors. Companies need these numbers because these add up to their accounts receivables.

And the one shown is the P1. The proto shown was also displayed in at least TWO events with the P1. So it's clear that HT was marketing the product by merit of its height. The shrinkage was intentional (fewer raw materials used may be not much for a single figure, but it's a wallop of savings when taken account the full number of production). They thought they could get away with it. People who bought it noticed and complained, which led to HT issuing a statement.

Last edited:
Im going to wait and see what the second batch looks like. Dont want to get this one and then have them improve on it.

The second batch is going to look just like the
first batch. HT is not going to change anything.
Folks are already getting notification from SS that
Mr. Black is going to be available in early Dec.
The only way that HT will make any changes to
him, IMO, is if they produce a DX version.

Attachments

• pcsim,s.jpg
    pcsim,s.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 2
Back