Hot Toys - MMS130 - Predators: Berserker Predator (Full Spec & Pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Predators bio masks' LEDs duration

I wouldn't think it would make a day even, you can give it a shot, (let us know out of curiousity) but if you were looking to have it on all the time you should be looking into an adapter to AC current. I personally would worry about the light bulb itself burning out eventually, these things are way too valuable to risk damaging IMO.

I thought it would last very long, maybe months, since it's just a very small LED. I would never leave this on for days, it was just to have a reference to how long it would last. My idea was kind of sometimes turning it on during an afternoon at weekend or something since it's a cool feature and it would look really nice. I got a replacement battery in case this one runs out of power and I'll turn it on for some hours from time to time. If I end up knowing how much it takes to lose all the power I'll post here, but if anyone knows for sure or has a good aproximation please let me know :) .

BTW, I don't think a LED will burn out that easily since we have LEDs everywhere in equipment used daily and I never saw one burning out. I have a bigger red LED in a hifi system that's constantly lit everytime it is powered off (in stand by). Considering all those LEDs I don't think the ones in the predators would burn out just for having them on for some hours from time to time. But if the battery wouldn't last a whole day than it can only be turned on for brief periods or else I'm going to be switching batteries every time :( .

I forgot to say that yesterday it was on for about 3-4 hours and today I turned it on again, now for about 2 hours. So, until know at least it lasts 6 hours :p .

This is my Berserker's current pose; I really like it.

web.jpg

Looks as if momma predator interrupted the beating by yelling at him to get in the house.

dont pay attention to that guy , is a free board and you are more than welcome to make a new thread , regarding the led light battery life , i certantly dont know the answer but iam sure someone on the forum will help you on that matter

Thanks, I confess I was already feeling a bit unwelcome... I look at this as a simple question which I'm probably not the only one that would like to know. It's one of the features I most enjoy, that's why I'd like to have it on for some hours from time to time when I'm home.

BTW, up to now it has been about 9-10 hours on (total time) and still didn't run out of power.

BTW, up to now it has been about 9-10 hours on (total time) and still didn't run out of power.

One question though... why? I mean, where's the need to have the LED on for the entire day? Once you finally find out if it can handle it, all you'll have left is an answer and another reason to go out and buy more batteries (not to mention having to crack open the compartment and fumble with it again to make sure the metal contacts touch -- that process was a pain).

One question though... why? I mean, where's the need to have the LED on for the entire day? Once you finally find out if it can handle it, all you'll have left is an answer and another reason to go out and buy more batteries (not to mention having to crack open the compartment and fumble with it again to make sure the metal contacts touch -- that process was a pain).

It's just the same reason as having the figure displayed... because I like to look at it. Since it has that feature I think it's more pointless to never use it. I don't mean I'll have it everyday turned on or even a whole day turned on, I simply would like to have it sometimes turned on while I'm here because I like to see it like that. But of course I'm curious as to how long would the battery last if it was continuously turned on, just as a reference.

I already have a replacement battery here and I'm not leaving this on all day, but since I'm turning on like I intended, when it runs out of power I'll at least have an idea to how long it lasts.

The process to put the battery wasn't easy, and I had watched your review of the figure on youtube first, but it wasn't too dificult. I don't see a problem on replacing the battery.

BTW, your reviews are very good and I'm subscribed to your channel on youtube.

Or even break it with all the fidgeting given how fragile the wiring is, and then we can look forward to another lame new thread, "Hot Toys Predator Bio LED fix?" because newbs are just too lazy to use the search function or even check out the first two pages in a forum for the appropriate product thread. :lol

Just out of curiosity, how old are you? As for the rest I won't bother anymore on answering your posts.

It's just the same reason as having the figure displayed... because I like to look at it. Since it has that feature I think it's more pointless to never use it. I don't mean I'll have it everyday turned on or even a whole day turned on, I simply would like to have it sometimes turned on while I'm here because I like to see it like that. But of course I'm curious as to how long would the battery last if it was continuously turned on, just as a reference.

I already have a replacement battery here and I'm not leaving this on all day, but since I'm turning on like I intended, when it runs out of power I'll at least have an idea to how long it lasts.

The process to put the battery wasn't easy, and I had watched your review of the figure on youtube first, but it wasn't too dificult. I don't see a problem on replacing the battery.

BTW, your reviews are very good and I'm subscribed to your channel on youtube.

Well, good luck with the LED testing. I've always wondered myself, but just never found a reason to try it out. Thanks for subscribing, by the way :).

As for Nam, don't mind him. He actually has valid points and knows what he's talking about, but new members might not be used to how he delivers them (just saying, Nam, I remember that one time last year when we first spoke :lol).

Spend some time getting to know everyone and don't do anything excessively newbie-ish, you'll fit in just fine. Many of the arguments that get started here actually begin with newcomers taking things the wrong way and escalating the fights, so just know that it's nothing personal. This simply stems from past experience with some rather immature fresh members. We've had a ton of trolls recently, so all of the boardies are sort of on-edge.

Back