Hot Toys - MMS130 - Predators: Berserker Predator (Full Spec & Pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Again, wait until you get it IN HAND before making that judgement....

True, but with just a measly 22 points of articulation, things are not looking good. Sure, I got this and Falconer preordered at a decent price (if you can call $180 each decent), but IMHO this is looking to not be my best Pred. I'm a guy who prioritizes function over form and the lack of articulation is really lamentable.

I'm more worried about the bodies possibly being rubber than the articulation itself. Even if the articulation is limited, I'm sure I (aswell as most everyone else) can find some good poses for them.

Actually I think it's a good idea to voice our complaints, critiques and worries now while there is still a chance (no matter how slim) for HT to do something about it. By the time we have them in hand, there's no point in complaining as it will be to late to do anything.

I agree with the rubber thingy. I'm also hoping to God that it won't be the case.

I also agree with voicing our opinions. That's how we got the falcon for the Falconer in the first place, right? Oh God, I really hope they add more articulation with these new Preds. 22 points is just too darn low. There's something wrong with action figures and action-oriented characters not being able to do action poses.

I'm more worried about the bodies possibly being rubber than the articulation itself. Even if the articulation is limited, I'm sure I (aswell as most everyone else) can find some good poses for them.

Actually I think it's a good idea to voice our complaints, critiques and worries now while there is still a chance (no matter how slim) for HT to correct them. By the time we have them in hand, there's no point in complaining as it will be to late to do anything.

I was commenting as far as articulation was concerned. It's a new body....Nobody knows how articulated they will be. It's a typical knee-jerk reaction to EVERYTHING HT's releases. :lol

Nobody knows how articulated they will be.

Except we do. HT's official word is the new body will have only 22 points of articulation. All you need to do is compare that to HT's previous offerings and it's not hard to discern how crippling that would be.

I have HT's Big Chap Alien that is only 3 points of articulation lower than this, and as far as poses go, it's quite underwhelming.

Except we do. HT's official word is the new body will have only 22 points of articulation. All you need to do is compare that to HT's previous offerings and it's not hard to discern how crippling that would be.

Articulation can vary by each joints degree of bend. Some joints bend further than others....and this is a new body. So you don't know really. And personally, I would rather have well hidden joints and less articulation than have cuts here and there that a top end figure shouldn't have.

Articulation can vary by each joints degree of bend. Some joints bend further than others....and this is a new body. So you don't know really. And personally, I would rather have well hidden joints and less articulation than have cuts here and there that a top end figure shouldn't have.

True, but there's only so much that a joint can bend, and even then, those would never be able to compensate for the loss of the other articulation points. IMHO, they were already able to make a good compromise of function and form in P1's body. They should've stuck to that.

I'm at the other end of the spectrum. 1:6th figures are known for being well articulated. That's the reason why I chose this over statues and maquettes. With the direction HT's going to with their MMS bodies, I'm becoming more and more worrisome. Frankly, they should be bent on looking for compromises, not favoring one over the other.

True, but there's only so much that a joint can bend, and even then, those would never be able to compensate for the loss of the other articulation points. IMHO, they were already able to make a good compromise of function and form in P1's body. They should've stuck to that.

I'm at the other end of the spectrum. 1:6th figures are known for being well articulated. That's the reason why I chose this over statues and maquettes. With the direction HT's going to with their MMS bodies, I'm becoming more and more worrisome. Frankly, they should be bent on looking for compromises, not favoring one over the other.

I didn't care for the groin and shoulder socket look in those previous Pred bodies. Those looked awful and took away from the figure. The knee and elbows were ok but still very visible unless hidden by a gaunlet or something. IMO these new bodies look much, much better and are still posable. How much less articulation if any remains to be seen.....

How much less articulation if any remains to be seen.....

A lot. There's a big difference between the numbers, and it will affect poseability significantly.

However, it does look good. But I don't display my figures in standing poses. I display them in action-oriented poses as possible, hence the big complaint I have about their articulation.

A lot. There's a big difference between the numbers, and it will affect poseability significantly.

However, it does look good. But I don't display my figures in standing poses. I display them in action-oriented poses as possible, hence the big complaint I have about their articulation.

I guess we'll see when they are actually released.....:impatient:

Well to those that _____ and moan about articulation, why display figures in super action poses which can cause extra tension to certain portions of a figure? I keep all of my guys in standing poses and besides it looks like we can get decent poses out of them just by looking at the proto pics.

Well to those that _____ and moan about articulation, why display figures in super action poses which can cause extra tension to certain portions of a figure? I keep all of my guys in standing poses and besides it looks like we can get decent poses out of them just by looking at the proto pics.

Because that's what action figures are supposed to do (even high-end ones). I have most of my figures, especially my military ones in dynamic poses. None show signs of stress and are able to hold their poses.

The only ones that get stressed out when kept in dynamic poses for so long are the muscle-bodied ones. Even then, Leonidas can hold a very decent action pose without undue stress.

These are poseable model kits and not only the body but other parts can get stressed. Not saying every figure though. The only one I own in a semi dynamic pose is Wolf and I don't really even care for the pose i just don't feel like standing him up straight again. Oh well, the lack of articulation doesn't phase me at all.

Because that's what action figures are supposed to do (even high-end ones). I have most of my figures, especially my military ones in dynamic poses. None show signs of stress and are able to hold their poses.

The only ones that get stressed out when kept in dynamic poses for so long are the muscle-bodied ones. Even then, Leonidas can hold a very decent action pose without undue stress.

That's a generalization by you. Not all of them are supposed to be. Many ARE NOT highly articulated. These are supposed to be the best of both worlds when it come to figures or figurines and as true to whats on the screen as possible. Not static but posable as well. Just curious though, why did you preorder them if it goes against your "function over form" liking? If you want highly posable Predators wait for the Revoltech line and pass on these.

Of course Military figures can be put in dynanic poses. Those highly articulated ugly joints are covered by clothing.....that wouldn't work with a Predator figure.

Last edited:
That's a generalization by you. Not all of them are supposed to be. Many ARE NOT highly articulated. These are supposed to be the best of both worlds when it come to figures or figurines and as true to whats on the screen as possible. Not static but posable as well. Just curious though, why did you preorder them if it goes against your "function over form" liking? If you want highly posable Predators wait for the Revoltech line and pass on these.

Of course Military figures can be put in dynanic poses. Those highly articulated ugly joints are covered by clothing.....that wouldn't work with a Predator figure.

:lecture
:goodpost:

good posting man!!

Perhaps, but the high poseability of 1:6th figures are what got me into the hobby in the first place. Then again, I did come from the military line before I delved into movie figures, so I carry the funcion over form with me. So, it's more accurate perhaps to say that many of the MMS line are NOT highly poseable, and that is frankly lamentable but is something I can live with in some, but not in others.

The only reason why I preordered them is that I frankly love the Preds, and despite my criticism over function. I have to have these. 7" NECAs don't do it for me, since I'm really intro 1:6th. And I also know that these HT figures won't go to bargain prices, so better get them while they're sill relatively affordable. But, trust me, if another company makes a 1:6th scale fully poseable Predator line, I'd not even bother picking these HT offerings (or at least these mildly poseable ones HT's giving us). As it stands, I still think that the P1 body is the best of both worlds (has a few articulation than I would've hoped, but form's still good-looking, so it's a good compromise), and if they stuck with that kind of body for these for the new Preds, the figures would've been much better champs. This new body's just a point or two above maquettes for me. I still rather have a body with more articulation.

BTW, would Revoltech acquire this license? I'd be really interested if they do, but not to the point of giving up on 1:6th just yet.

Last edited:
ap_20100816121739255.jpg
ap_20100816121750538.jpg

ap_20100816121801365.jpg
ap_20100816121813270.jpg

ap_20100816121824802.jpg
ap_20100816121836772.jpg

ap_20100816122028680.jpg
ap_20100816121859889.jpg

Any chance of seeing this in high res?

Its funny because in most cases when I see collection pics, the preds are all standing in rather generic poses, besides, this guy is pretty well articulated. Isn't he going to have a rubber body? Also judging by the pics in falconer's specs, the guy can get some pretty damn sick poses. Whats all the fuss about?

Back