Hot Toys - MMS130 - Predators: Berserker Predator (Full Spec & Pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think its more of an issue with the side view than the front to be fair. Anyways I'm content with it :)

I was just gonna post that same thing... it's lacking from the side...:wave

I really haven't seen any pics of the new sculpt from the side...let's post some up, those that have them....

These are the only other pics I have come across....

New Head Sculpt.jpg

ap_20100716124840742.jpg

Last edited:
Is the whole head actually different? I thought they just changed the mandibles...?

Is the whole head actually different? I thought they just changed the mandibles...?

From what I can tell it's just the mandibles. The current head is great no doubt as I've said many times before but the "Cobra symbol" on his forhead is inaccurate and (and this is just me being uber nit picky) his eyes are a tad too close together imo. Again though that's just me being nit picky so pay of no mind. Also I would have prefered the top mandibles be wider to replicate the look in the screen shot that gofourindian posted. Still to be honest though, the small bio irks me more than any of the problems the head has since I plan to display Berserker with his bio on anyways.

From what I can tell it's just the mandibles. The current head is great no doubt as I've said many times before but the "Cobra symbol" on his forhead is inaccurate and (and this is just me being uber nit picky) his eyes are a tad too close together imo. Again though that's just me being nit picky so pay of no mind. Also I would have prefered the top mandibles be wider to replicate the look in the screen shot that gofourindian posted. Still to be honest though, the small bio irks me more than any of the problems the head has since I plan to display Berserker with his bio on anyways.

Quite right too to be picky, these babies are a pretty penny for the price it should be perfect! I only own two Hot Toys stuff and that's their DX Batman and DX Joker from the Dark Knight and I'm trying so hard to not buy anymore due to the price of them, seriously its hard its worse than the last temptation of Christ for me :slap

The price on the Ht Predators have taken a step to the higher price range. I really hope the price will not continue to climb. With these new Predators being a little taler and new body styles, I don't mind paying the price, but the Classice better not be in this same price bracket. I P/O my Mr. Blak as well. Now Royce is a toss up for me.

The price on the Ht Predators have taken a step to the higher price range. I really hope the price will not continue to climb. With these new Predators being a little taler and new body styles, I don't mind paying the price, but the Classice better not be in this same price bracket. I P/O my Mr. Blak as well. Now Royce is a toss up for me.

Classic will be in the same price range because it also has a new body...

From what I can tell it's just the mandibles.

I'm not sure because I really haven't come across a picture of a side view since the change/resculpt. :dunno

The current head is great no doubt as I've said many times before but the "Cobra symbol" on his forhead is inaccurate and (and this is just me being uber nit picky) his eyes are a tad too close together imo. Again though that's just me being nit picky so pay of no mind. Also I would have prefered the top mandibles be wider to replicate the look in the screen shot that gofourindian posted. Still to be honest though, the small bio irks me more than any of the problems the head has since I plan to display Berserker with his bio on anyways.

That could probably be done with some heat and repositioning. Like is done with the dreads.

That could probably be done with some heat and repositioning. Like is done with the dreads.

Yes, I was able to do this for the Cleaner Wolf, I didnt like the direction that the teeth pointed, so I heated up the mandibles, repositioned, and ran thm under cold water. Worked like a charm.

I'm not sure because I really haven't come across a picture of a side view since the change/resculpt. :dunno

That thought had occured to me and I may just try it but, I still don't like the idea of customizing a $175 to $200 figure.

dammit! there is no excuse. hottoys has done a bad job on the head

is very small!!

if a human figure .... with this error. No one would buy this figure
but again .. to hottoys. do not care
only cares for launching more and more figures
I start to get tired of hottoys

I did that with the T600 bullet belt just to make it lie more realistically, worked great for that as well.

the small bio irks me more than any of the problems the head has since I plan to display Berserker with his bio on anyways.

Really the only thing that actually bothers me is the length of the dreads, but thats only cos I'd like to pose him with some hanging over his chest just so they can be seen :)

But thats probably possible anyways so its no biggie they just wont be as prominent as I'd like...

I think its more of an issue with the side view than the front to be fair. Anyways I'm content with it :)
I was just gonna post that same thing... it's lacking from the side...:wave
Yup; hard to tell the shape of the head is wrong from the front. But what you can tell from the front is that the mandibles and the mouth itself are proportionately too small to the rest of the head. The forehead and paint is very good, but he's missing most of the things that set him apart from a classic Predator.

dammit! there is no excuse. hottoys has done a bad job on the head

is very small!!

if a human figure .... with this error. No one would buy this figure
but again .. to hottoys. do not care
only cares for launching more and more figures
I start to get tired of hottoys

Well said :clap If this were a human character everyone and their uncle would be up in arms complaining about all the inaccuracies.

I did that with the T600 bullet belt just to make it lie more realistically, worked great for that as well.

Really the only thing that actually bothers me is the length of the dreads, but thats only cos I'd like to pose him with some hanging over his chest just so they can be seen :)

But thats probably possible anyways so its no biggie they just wont be as prominent as I'd like...

The short dread are annoying and I hope HT corrects it but to my eyes the small head and bio and the inaccurate "Cobra insignia" are more noticable to me. JMO though.

Good thing most people display their figures facing forward.....and not sideways
:lol

I think some of the longer dreads could be brought forward over the shoulders.

Oh I know that. I've done plenty of customizing including the heat treat on "cheap" figures like Hasbro or NECA, I just don't trust myself as much on a much more expensive figure.

Just make sure the place you want to reform is well heated and pliable.....nothing bad will happen. :pray: Just take your time.

Back