Hot Toys - MMS136 - THE TERMINATOR: 1/6 T-800 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys THE TERMINATOR 1/6 T-800 Teaser

So it's out in Feb?

Well that'll make a nice little birthday present to myself :D

I'm also excited Tech noir arnold is coming with his stolen shotgun. He needed something else besides the .45 long slide and uzi 9mm.

Re: Hot Toys: MMS The Terminator 1/6th T-800. Specs & Pictures Coming Soon (teaser)

He looks amazing, but I'd rather they hurry up and release a chromed T2 Endo for once.

And I'm with MaulFan, too. T1 wasn't even as enjoyable of a movie IMO. I saw T2 first as well, but the original never seemed to have the feel that a movie like that should have.

T1 was a straight-up slasher/horror film. T2 had arnold as a deadly chaperone and had that whiny little kid who was always talking.

I think it's apparent which one I like more! ;)

Re: Hot Toys: MMS The Terminator 1/6th T-800. Specs & Pictures Coming Soon (teaser)

T1 was a straight-up slasher/horror film. T2 had arnold as a deadly chaperone and had that whiny little kid who was always talking.

Hence, why I didn't enjoy it as much as the others. :dunno
It's kind of a weird genre for that type of flick. The story needed a grander scale and a greater sense of urgency (for all mankind, not just for one chick running around). T2 had it.

This is one of the few figures I'll buy two of, provided both Tech Noir and police station outfits are included. Can't have too many Arnies about the place.

T1 wasn't even as enjoyable of a movie IMO.

I enjoy T1, even the scenes with Arnie in his Tech Noir clothes, but, when it comes to spending $150+ on a figure, I draw the line, the look isn't worth that money to get, not when I'll want the biker look and Reese and other things HT'll likely do down the line. I'll get Tech Noir if NECA makes 6" figures of it because it's not a great expense to pick up, but at HT prices, I'm just not into it.

I do admire the execution though, it's a great looking figure and if they do the biker one, it should kick all kinds of ass.

I really hope they do Reese and get Biehn's likeness. While the old Reese/Hicks head was acceptable for customs, the hair didn't quite have the crazy look he had, and the eyes weren't sculpted to have that almost psycho look Biehn can get, but I'm sure an HT sculpt of him today will perfect capture all of that.

So it's out in Feb?

Well that'll make a nice little birthday present to myself :D

I'm also excited Tech noir arnold is coming with his stolen shotgun. He needed something else besides the .45 long slide and uzi 9mm.

I'm just gonna go ahead and say that this one will be in hand by early to mid January. Preorder will go up most likely this weekend and then they should start shipping in 3 months. Plus HT's doesn't need to make any changes.

And yes. I believed I was Arnold in T1 when I was 7 ............ I was sporting a similar jacket and boots. I was only in elementary for crying out loud. :lol

Forget the figure , I want photos of this.

And yes. I believed I was Arnold in T1 when I was 7 ............ I was sporting a similar jacket and boots. I was only in elementary for crying out loud. :lol

The fun days of youth, for me it was walking around the house wearing my sunglasses and trying to work the loading lever on my toy rifle like Arnie does in T2, of course at 9 years old I couldn't figure out what he did :lol

Ditto. I love the first one and it seems so much more like a horror film. The second one was just a big action blockbuster. I saw T2 first when i was a kid and loved it, watched it on vhs countless times. But as i got older i preferred T1. The last time i tried to watch T2 i actually got bored and turned it off.

Forget the figure , I want photos of this.

I wish dude, I was #5 of six kids. My mom was all photo'd out by then :lol I still remember the day I found the (similar) boots under the stairs. Hehe, I also remember my older brother editing out the nudity (recorded it off of Superchannel) but leaving all the F bombs. :lol Kyle Reese taught me how to say "Mother ____er" :lecture

The fun days of youth, for me it was walking around the house wearing my sunglasses and trying to work the loading lever on my toy rifle like Arnie does in T2, of course at 9 years old I couldn't figure out what he did :lol

:lol Toy guns were also used everytime the Oilers (NHL) won the cup. I took to the streets like a crazy animal every time. :lol

:lol Toy guns were also used everytime the Oilers (NHL) won the cup. I took to the streets like a crazy animal every time. :lol

Back in the days when toy guns looked real :lol. My rife had real metal barrels and a real wood stock, the only plast parts were a cap at the tip of the barrels and and the lever/trigger mechanism. You'd think it was real from a distance, probably good I didn't go wandering around town with it :lol

Kyle Reese taught me how to say "Mother ____er" :lecture

:rock:rock

The die hard with a vengence video game taught me my left and rights because if you went the wrong way Samuel.L. Jackson would scream " I said left mother____er ". :horror:lol

Back in the days when toy guns looked real :lol. My rife had real metal barrels and a real wood stock, the only plast parts were a cap at the tip of the barrels and and the lever/trigger mechanism. You'd think it was real from a distance, probably good I didn't go wandering around town with it :lol

Why do you think they were forced to add the lame orange ends? :lol We were bad. :lol

:rock:rock

The die hard with a vengence video game taught me my left and rights because if you went the wrong way Samuel.L. Jackson would scream " I said left mother____er ". :horror:lol

:lol Thats awesome.

Why do you think they were forced to add the lame orange ends? :lol We were bad. :lol

Yeah, I had some of those 2, machine guns I had. Running around as a kid playing Rambo and Terminator with my toy guns. I turned out alright though :lol

We use to play Indiana Jones and we would force my friend's kid brother to be Colonel Vogel.

Imagine an 8 yr old red headed kid in a black SS uniform running around in the street.

According to Hot Toys Japan, it's due in February 2011.

nah, thats a glitch. I clicked on it and its Expendibles, Barney. Must have put up the wrong pic.

from the initial catalogue pics it says January 2011:

20100922_153ffdbb0227fc553715yUl9FoX1DJGS.jpg
:yess:

supes and T1 and bruce lee :rock

The Tech Noir just looks almost like some sort of bizarre futuristic getup, I just can't comprehend anyone in the world ever dressing like that, it doesn't look right to me, and despite Arnie's size, the pre-spike hairdo makes him look a bit sissy to me.
Nostalgia drives my collecting habits as well, so I completely understand that. However, a huge fan of Uncle Bob saying T1 Arnie looks like a sissy? Crazy :D

T2's lack of bad-assness is largely why I don't care nearly as much for him.

Looks great, will definitely purchase. MaulFan, I bet you can't meet your own standards. If that Arnold looks a bit sissy to you, I wonder what seeing your face in the mirror looks like?

Looks great, will definitely purchase. MaulFan, I bet you can't meet your own standards. If that Arnold looks a bit sissy to you, I wonder what seeing your face in the mirror looks like?

Ouch......

Whats with the personal insults? Looking to get banned? :cuckoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back