Hot Toys - MMS136 - THE TERMINATOR: 1/6 T-800 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys: MMS The Terminator 1/6th T-800. Specs & Pictures Coming Soon (teaser)

Tech Noir was my preferance for the first T1 figure out the gate - its how the T-800 first appeared. He only ended up with the spiky hair by accident and it caught on! Suddenly every model 101 had to have that same haircut and wear leather biker gear. Terminators shouldn't care about looking 'cool', thats why I like the Tech Noir look.

Re: Hot Toys: MMS The Terminator 1/6th T-800. Specs & Pictures Coming Soon (teaser)

Actually he appeared naked first. This is his second look :lecture

Tech Noir was my preferance for the first T1 figure out the gate - its how the T-800 first appeared. He only ended up with the spiky hair by accident and it caught on! Suddenly every model 101 had to have that same haircut and wear leather biker gear. Terminators shouldn't care about looking 'cool', thats why I like the Tech Noir look.

Bingo! I think that most people want the Police shootout because they're not as die hard as others are. I don't mean that as an offensive (not that I care if it is) comment but we keep hearing "I only need one definitive T1 Arnold" Or something along those lines. Of course some want it all and other just want that one piece. Right?

does anyone know how he got the spiked hair sorry if its a dumb question but in the beginning of the movie his hair is a little longer then later in the movie its almost like how it looked in T2

No offical pics yet and we've already got the "fan corrected" pics going :slap

Police Shootout Terminator >> Technoir Terminator >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> T2 (cool funny )Terminator >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>T3 Old Terminator

does anyone know how he got the spiked hair sorry if its a dumb question but in the beginning of the movie his hair is a little longer then later in the movie its almost like how it looked in T2

It happens at 0:50 .........

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/QvUaWsvU4-M?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/QvUaWsvU4-M?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Bingo! I think that most people want the Police shootout because they're not as die hard as others are. I don't mean that as an offensive (not that I care if it is) comment but we keep hearing "I only need one definitive T1 Arnold" Or something along those lines. Of course some want it all and other just want that one piece. Right?

Yeah there are those who just want 1 figure out of the T1 license and sure, police shootout is more iconic, but a major fan wants, needs and demands Tech Noir.

He jumps through an explosion in the alley way out back of Tech Noir which burns some of the length away.

Did you ever sell yours???:pray:

I had 2 customs, one was the Police Station shootout (sold for $350 a while back) and the other (end of movie damage) never sold (after the HT's T2 came out) I still have it but won't sell it anymore.

Ah, but that's the great thing about this version! It just screams 80's!

I know, but I'm essentially a 90's guy, I was born in '83, when I think back to fashion and trends of childhood, for me it's early 90's with New Kids on the Block, Mc Hammer and Vanilla Ice, T2 was the Terminator film of my childhood and I watched that many times before ever getting to see T1, so I came to think of T-800 as the biker costume and spikey hair and the sunglasses, so the biker look in T1 works for me, that feels like the Terminator to me, and I'll totally get that figure. The Tech Noir just looks almost like some sort of bizarre futuristic getup, I just can't comprehend anyone in the world ever dressing like that, it doesn't look right to me, and despite Arnie's size, the pre-spike hairdo makes him look a bit sissy to me.

No shake n' bake. :monkey2

Not until biker and Reese, then it's on.

Now that Ht is coming out with the T1. Is this going to bring down the value of other peoples custom T1???

For sale, yes, even the best paint jobs, the sculpts people found won't hold up to this, and with HT's capabilities, I'm sure the costume will trump most slapped together ones. Personal value will hold for some, as they poured a lot into making the figures and will treasure that effort.

He looks amazing, but I'd rather they hurry up and release a chromed T2 Endo for once.

And I'm with MaulFan, too. T1 wasn't even as enjoyable of a movie IMO. I saw T2 first as well, but the original never seemed to have the feel that a movie like that should have.

He looks amazing, but I'd rather they hurry up and release a chromed T2 Endo for once.

Not just chromed but hopefully resculpted and improved in appearance. Engineering on the original is fine, but the head could use some work as could the body proportions.

No offical pics yet and we've already got the "fan corrected" pics going :slap

Police Shootout Terminator >> Technoir Terminator >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> T2 (cool funny )Terminator >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>T3 Old Terminator

No doubt... fan corrected images are getting sooner and sooner. Although this might be the first I've seen on a picture out of a magazine :lol

And while I agree that the police shootout is probably the ultimate Terminator. I'm glad we're getting the Tech Noir as it will really stand out from the T2 we already have.

He jumps through an explosion in the alley way out back of Tech Noir which burns some of the length away.[/QUOTE]

Thanks I figured it had to be that but wasnt for sure

Yes.

Not just chromed but hopefully resculpted and improved in appearance. Engineering on the original is fine, but the head could use some work as could the body proportions.

Yes.

And while I agree that the police shootout is probably the ultimate Terminator. I'm glad we're getting the Tech Noir as it will really stand out from the T2 we already have.

And yes. I believed I was Arnold in T1 when I was 7 ............ I was sporting a similar jacket and boots. I was only in elementary for crying out loud. :lol

Exactly. That and the fact that I can't imagine spending $250+ for an Endo. I can almost double that amount for a good Pred, but never an Endo. They look great and more power to those who buy 'em, but the figure itself doesn't seem to come with as many juicy features and accessories as the other stuff HT has done. We need the new-improved version for a wide variety of reasons -- and since it would be from a seperate film, we just might get it.

Yes, an updated 1/6 Endo is due.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back