Hot Toys - MMS136 - The Terminator: 1/6th scale T800 Collectible Figure (T1)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
now i have to admit, im a bit worried about the new sculpt.
i really like the expression on the prototype one.
im hoping the changes are for the best(which is the whole point in the 1st place)
and that they dont disappoint us with a silly expression.
and make the face a bit longer this time!

I'm watching The Terminator now in cable, and as often the case, I'd usually read the wikipedia entry of whatever movie I'm watching at home. In T1's entry, I found this amusing tidbit:

The studio had suggested O. J. Simpson for the role of the Terminator, but Cameron did not feel that Simpson would be believable as a killer.

Times were more innocent back then :D

I don't think they will change the expression,i wish they would but it's too much of a risk because it has been up for order for a while now and if people ain't happy with the new expression,they all deserve a refund because they didn't get what they paid for.

Now,Barney Ross and simple adds like the Knife is just a big bonus.

They sure did release a lot of close-up pics of the face to go about changing it now. . .seems to me they were pretty happy with it, or they would have stuck to more distant shots in the "official" pics released. Maybe they got a lot of flak on the Asian boards for the likeness being slightly off.

Well in fairness, it wasn't 100% perfect to my eye. But it was damn close, and more than good enough for me. Honestly, I think the 2nd, damaged sculpt might have looked more like Arnold somehow.

I said from the very start that i wanted a more intense look,if that is what HT have decided to do then this will be a ultimate T1 presentation for me.I think most people want a change since the T2 figure have that very same expression.

Maybe it's the damaged head that they are tweaking? I didn't really like the look of it, I would rather see an endo eye poking out.

NO keep the wounded eye headsculpt! Thats the one we need for the arm surgery scene. The exposed endo-eye sculpt will very likely come as the main police station assault head with the gargoyle sunglasses and probably with the fully BD head aswell.

At the end of all this only one possible head will be missing - where both his eyes are intact from the scenes where he his chasing Reese and Sarah in the police car. If we're really lucky we'll get that aswell.

and make the face a bit longer this time!

I wish, but I can't see that happening now. They'll keep all the heads consistent.

I just put my T-800, T-1000 and Sarah Connor on the shelf lined up. I can't wait to see the BD T-800, Kyle and more from Cameronland.

Back