Hot Toys - MMS136 - The Terminator: 1/6th scale T800 Collectible Figure (T1)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I'll actually have a geekgasm when I see the specs for Kyle Reese...even typing that gives me goosebumps. 'Authentic and fully realized likeness of Michael Biehn as Kyle Reese in the Terminator movie'.

Eeek!!!

We're lucky to be collecting 1/6th at this time. Others will come into it too late to get these figures....at reasonable prices anyway.

I think I'll actually have a geekgasm when I see the specs for Kyle Reese...even typing that gives me goosebumps. 'Authentic and fully realized likeness of Michael Biehn as Kyle Reese in the Terminator movie'.

Eeek!!!

Me too, I think this is one of my most wanted figures. Just to clarify though, have Hot Toys confirmed a Kyle Reese is on his way or is this speculative? I may have have missed this info somewhere.

More likely:

'Authentic and fully realized likeness of Kyle Reese's costume in the Terminator movie'.

And the face will look like Brian May to go with Kane/Freddy Mercury.

More likely:

'Authentic and fully realized likeness of Kyle Reese's costume in the Terminator movie'.

And the face will look like Brian May to go with Kane/Freddy Mercury.

Lately I get the vibe that those days have passed. The market is full of such demand for likeness quality and HT seems to really push to cater to that, I think we'll either get figures with likenesses or we just won't get them.

As for the MILK article, those things are rarely reliable, until HT's newsletter or Facebook page has something or some photo surfaces of the actual figure in a professional phot, you never know what will get released. Rorshach was protoytyped and planned but never released. Same could be for Sarah and Kyle.

I think i read somewhere years ago about Michael not giving away his likeness.. But i could be wrong

This was my understanding too. I'm sure I read the same about Biehn not letting people have his likeness. Although any number of things could have changed since then. For now then I'll file it in the believe it when I see the prototype category.

I get where Maulfan is coming from, because almost every release in recent memory has had a good, licensed head. Last one I remember not having this off-hand is Billy. Hot Toys has either been willing to pay more money, has more prestige and better sculpts that makes actors less skittish, or lots of actors have just changed their tune on these issues for other reasons. Likely a combination of these things. But that doesn't mean Biehn will allow his likeness to be used.

A Reese with both Tech com and present time outfit is a direct buy for me atleast :D

Well me too, but I'm not sure we'll be seeing a revisit to a tech-com Reese, more likely a 1984 Reese. Although I would speculate 2 things. One being that the T1 T-800 comes with a second head sculpt which can be used on the 'Hamburger head' release. The same could happen for a Reese. Maybe a bandana head or BD perhaps.

The second thing that could happen is a two figure set of Reese and sarah. Hot Toys have now set a precedent with the Demonbat and Scarecrow figures, so that too is possible.

I get where Maulfan is coming from, because almost every release in recent memory has had a good, licensed head. Last one I remember not having this off-hand is Billy. Hot Toys has either been willing to pay more money, has more prestige and better sculpts that makes actors less skittish, or lots of actors have just changed their tune on these issues for other reasons. Likely a combination of these things. But that doesn't mean Biehn will allow his likeness to be used.

I actually agree with all your points. I think the only way that this could happen if Hot Toys offer him a ton of money. Life isn't easy for a jobbing actor, could happen. Fingers crossed

McFarlane were allowed use Biehns likeness on their 7" Cpl. Hicks figure :dunno granted there are those who don't see him in that sculpt at all.

10 years?

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/u3Gxqe0YQqk?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/u3Gxqe0YQqk?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I'm guessing Grindhouse doesn't pay his current grocery bills. Man's gotta eat.

Back