Hot Toys - MMS136 - The Terminator: 1/6th scale T800 Collectible Figure (T1)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If Bruce is technically a superior figure I have no problem with that. Just no interest in owning it, whereas this was an absolute must-buy.

I hear ya. To each their own about taste. But on the level of just 1:6 action figure, that still stands. Also makes me hopeful for if/when HT produces a Terminator DX. Because if Lee is this damn good, their next T-800 should be that much better!

As time has gone one, I'm becoming more and more a fan of the BD head, and that's the look I have of the T-800 posed in my living room (with jacket and shotgun). This guy has to be my #1 Hot Toys figure at the moment. I can only imagine the police assault version rivaling him.

yeah, i am really becoming a fan of the BD head. for a week I didn't even take it out of the box but now it's the defauly sculpt for my t-800 (w/ jacket and shotgun as well). he is my favorite figure that i own atm. i really want to hunt down a leather jacket and pair of gargoyles for him though.

i don't have either of my bruce figures yet but with all of the positive reviews i can't wait for him to ship.

I hear ya. To each their own about taste. But on the level of just 1:6 action figure, that still stands. Also makes me hopeful for if/when HT produces a Terminator DX. Because if Lee is this damn good, their next T-800 should be that much better!

Either of the first 2 Terminator films seems like an ideal candidate for a DX. Lets hope HT is way ahead of us and is preparing to announce or show something.

yeah, i am really becoming a fan of the BD head. for a week I didn't even take it out of the box but now it's the defauly sculpt for my t-800

To think that bloodied closed eye wasn't even on anyone's radar back when the idea of a proper Hot Toys T1 was just a dream. I didn't think of it at all and yet its the look we needed for an accurate arm surgery set-up.

However unless HT makes not one but 2 more T1 T-800s or unless they provide 3 heads with one figure (which I'm not sure they've done before) we'll likely end up 1 headsculpt short of the possible 5 for T1. If they leave any out they'll leave out the garage chase head I imagine - shortened hair, no eyebrows but both human eyes still intact. Seems less important than the exposed endo eye head and the full BD (tanker chase) head. This of course is assuming HT isn't done with T1.

Either of the first 2 Terminator films seems like an ideal candidate for a DX. Lets hope HT is way ahead of us and is preparing to announce or show something.

100% agree. It still perplexes me why Michael Jackson and Indiana Jones get DX treatment with PERS but a character so needing it like the T1 T800 get's completely passed over. :monkey1

100% agree. It still perplexes me why Michael Jackson and Indiana Jones get DX treatment with PERS but a character so needing it like the T1 T800 get's completely passed over. :monkey1

Cuz Asians love Michael Jackson , Remember the 80's :lol

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COjhZLli1ns"]YouTube - Michael Jackson in Japan in 1987 - Cute Footage[/ame]

:lol:lol:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:lol:lol

I have one more longslide left I'm modifiying with the LED bulb. It's a pain to put together, but I'll be putting on ebay in about 2 weeks if all goes well. FYI it's red, not orange as in the picture.

Collection001.jpg

Collection002.jpg

Every time I put the uzi in his hand it doesnt look natural. It keeps pointing down and if I do somehow get him to point it straight I cant put his finger inside the finger guard and on the trigger. Does anyone else have this problem? Oh and I cant roll up the sleeve for him to operate on his arm without the studs popping off. These are all small problems and no biggie. Hes actually one of the best figures I ve ever owned! I was just wondering

Every time I put the uzi in his hand it doesnt look natural. It keeps pointing down and if I do somehow get him to point it straight I cant put his finger inside the finger guard and on the trigger. Does anyone else have this problem? Oh and I cant roll up the sleeve for him to operate on his arm without the studs popping off. These are all small problems and no biggie. Hes actually one of the best figures I ve ever owned! I was just wondering

Yep, I had the same problem with the Uzi, too.
I could make him aim it straight, but then his finger wouldnt be on the trigger.
I decided it was more imporant to have him aim straight than have his finger on the trigger.

About the rolled up sleeve, here is a step by step of how I did mine -

1]
Undo the button at the wrist and fold the sleeve up to the bottom of the black leather elbow patch -

SAM_0266.jpg

SAM_0267.jpg

2]
(Feel free to skip this step)
Fold half of the wrist part back over -

SAM_0268.jpg

SAM_0270.jpg

3]
Push the folded up area up to the top of the arm and bend the arm to keep it all in place.
It may be easier to do if you soak the sleeve in water first.
It should also help keep the shape once dry -

SAM_0272.jpg

SAM_0274.jpg

Last edited:
I could make him aim it straight, but then his finger wouldnt be on the trigger.
I decided it was more imporant to have him aim straight than have his finger on the trigger.

Very cool.
That's a great tutorial right there. :clap

1]
Undo the button at the wrist and fold the sleeve up to the bottom of the black leather elbow patch -

SAM_0266.jpg

SAM_0267.jpg

2]
(Feel free to skip this step)
Fold half of the wrist part back over -

SAM_0268.jpg

SAM_0270.jpg

3]
Push the folded up area up to the top of the arm and bend the arm to keep it all in place.
It may be easier to do if you soak the sleeve in water first.
It should also help keep the shape once dry -

SAM_0272.jpg

SAM_0274.jpg

Thanks for the advice. Great tutorial. What did you use to get that gritty bloody look for his sleeves?

SAM_0276.jpg

Great pics! :clap He looks alive in this shot. Glad I got 2, because it would be a shame not to display both versions.

You took the words right out of my mouth, he literally looks alive and identical to Arnold in that shot. Very nice work! I'd still give this the nod (slightly over DX Bruce) for the figure of 2011.

Thanks for the advice. Great tutorial. What did you use to get that gritty bloody look for his sleeves?

I just some watered down acrylic paints.
I will be doing a tutorial on that later on when I have some spare time.
I will post it here and in the custom tutorials section.

You took the words right out of my mouth, he literally looks alive and identical to Arnold in that shot. Very nice work! I'd still give this the nod (slightly over DX Bruce) for the figure of 2011.

Thanks bro.

Back