Hot Toys - MMS136 - The Terminator: 1/6th scale T800 Collectible Figure (T1)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
33574_449846722824_171015147824_5251005_2637155_n.jpg

Hadn't seen this one yet, looks damn impressive.

I just want to share some interesting info here. And you guys make me feels like I had commit a crime or something ...... :slap

We very much appreciate your info OMG, but we would just like some more proof on this. Did you translate that milk article yourself?
If so, a more detailed translation would be great.
Thanks.

True enough, and more T-800s and Kyle Reese are favorable given HT's sales history, but, T1 Sarah, even with packed in goodies, there's just a lack of flash to her as figure, no weapons, it's just an 80s woman in a shirt, coat and jeans, it's not a strong design for a figure, and her story relevance won't be enough to sell it. You'd have to pack in something like the BD T-800 head to make her have mass appeal.

How about an 80's Sarah with half a T-800 endoskeleton packaged in ? I could see that as being quite a good seller.

How about an 80's Sarah with half a T-800 endoskeleton packaged in ? I could see that as being quite a good seller.

Me too. Sure it wouldnt exactly fly off the shelves but it would still help Hot Toys shift more than they would if it were just Sarah Connor on her own. They could even include her with Kyle Reese but thats not going to happen for various reasons.
I cant see her getting made but I would personally love to have an '84 Sarah to go with my T1 collection.

u can post all the pictures in the world, but i'm afraid it's not going to "prove" anything. it's simply my opinion that this portrait does not capture terminator arnie so well. it's not a bad likeness, it's just that by ht's usual standards, it falls short. if u feel it's perfect or good enough, then power to u, man.

yup!

One minute you say pictures do not prove anything. Then you agree with the picture comparison, that to be honest, proves nothing because of lighting and facial expression.

Last edited:
When tylerdurden says 'portrait' there I'm sure he means the sculpt itself, not that one particular picture or photo - and he's taking into consideration ALL the pics/photos/angles of the sculpt. So I don't think that he's contradicting himself there.

Hey people! :) I'm a long-time reader/viewer/loiterer but only now starting to seriously post. This might be my first Hot Toys purchase, so. But I do agree with the people that say the eyes/brow/length of face are slightly off - that seems pretty clear to me from certain shots or angles. But that's not to say it isn't awesome or that I don't want one, cos I ABSOLUTELY do. For people complaining about nitpickers or people who have an issue with the sculpt...I really don't feel that those people have overwhelmed the thread or anything, I think actually that there've been far more posts complaining about complaints than *sigh* complaints themselves, and actually because initially the thread was so undeniably positive and because my first response was "that's f'n awesome! although the eyes are SLIGHTLY off.." I was afraid to post my opinion here..Being a relative newbie especially. All that said, I really can't wait for this figure. My first - here's to that!

Last edited:
I hope if they make Reese with the future outfit somewhere inside one of the pockets they could include the gas station photo of Sarah. then if they make small John Connor you could interchange that as well.

if Hot Toys reads this and continues the Terminator 2 line I also hope you consider a Miles Dyson figure. he wasn't as iconic as the rest but thought John Morton did a great job acting and we can get all the Cyberdyne accessories for him, half endo arm, the chip, the neural net processor that he smashes, cyberdyne logo base. the Obama true type would work well for this I think.

quiggle: can't believe I've never actually thought of the photo as a possible accessory or heard anyone talk about it, that'd be awesome. Shame it burnt up before he went back to T1 time, cos otherwise that'd be cool for the upcoming (we hope) Kyle Reese...hell I'd love that to be included with that figure anyway, continuity be damned heh, (one could imagine/pose him having it before going back in time, although I guess then he'd need an alternate outfit)...yeah Morton was good but I don't think I could afford/wanna buy a Dyson figure, though I agree that his accessories could be cool

I hope if they make Reese with the future outfit somewhere inside one of the pockets they could include the gas station photo of Sarah. then if they make small John Connor you could interchange that as well.

if Hot Toys reads this and continues the Terminator 2 line I also hope you consider a Miles Dyson figure. he wasn't as iconic as the rest but thought John Morton did a great job acting and we can get all the Cyberdyne accessories for him, half endo arm, the chip, the neural net processor that he smashes, cyberdyne logo base. the Obama true type would work well for this I think.

That's Joe Morton. Credit where it's due.

yeah, i actually tried shrinking down a sarah connor photo to put in reeses pocket but the pocket doesnt open :(

yeah, i actually tried shrinking down a sarah connor photo to put in reeses pocket but the pocket doesnt open :(

hence we need a revised Reese future! yeah Joe my bad, I sometimes forget and interchance names because of the scene both Dyson and John getting the endoarm and chip. he can also get maybe an ax acceossory for cut scene where he smashes the processor. politics aside, your mother, this would be a good opportunity to include an African American figure which seems to not happen too often in Hot Toys line, is Wesley Snipes Blade and the Obama the only ones we have so far?

When tylerdurden says 'portrait' there I'm sure he means the sculpt itself, not that one particular picture or photo - and he's taking into consideration ALL the pics/photos/angles of the sculpt. So I don't think that he's contradicting himself there.

Hey people! :) I'm a long-time reader/viewer/loiterer but only now starting to seriously post. This might be my first Hot Toys purchase, so. But I do agree with the people that say the eyes/brow/length of face are slightly off - that seems pretty clear to me from certain shots or angles. But that's not to say it isn't awesome or that I don't want one, cos I ABSOLUTELY do. For people complaining about nitpickers or people who have an issue with the sculpt...I really don't feel that those people have overwhelmed the thread or anything, I think actually that there've been far more posts complaining about complaints than *sigh* complaints themselves, and actually because initially the thread was so undeniably positive and because my first response was "that's f'n awesome! although the eyes are SLIGHTLY off.." I was afraid to post my opinion here..Being a relative newbie especially. All that said, I really can't wait for this figure. My first - here's to that!

agreed about the sculpt being slightly off.
all it would take is some minor stretching out to fix most peoples nit-picks("its too squished looking")

I dont know if you seen my edit before in this thread but here it is again, but updated a bit(ive made the forehead SLIGHTLY too big but you get the idea)

Untitled2.jpg

arnie has always had a long horse head lol

Last edited:
hence we need a revised Reese future! yeah Joe my bad, I sometimes forget and interchance names because of the scene both Dyson and John getting the endoarm and chip. he can also get maybe an ax acceossory for cut scene where he smashes the processor. politics aside, your mother, this would be a good opportunity to include an African American figure which seems to not happen too often in Hot Toys line, is Wesley Snipes Blade and the Obama the only ones we have so far?

Yeah a revised future reese would be nice but luckily i already have the old one and if hot toys makes an '84 reese i will buy one of those heads and replace my old reese head with it.(awesome as it already is)

edit: oops sorry for the double post(im not used to this forum yet)

!

Check his post again.

He agrees by saying yup! to a PHOTO comparison.

agreed about the sculpt being slightly off.
all it would take is some minor stretching out to fix most peoples nit-picks("its too squished looking")

I dont know if you seen my edit in before in this thread but here it is again, but updated a bit(ive made the forehead SLIGHTLY too big but you get the idea)

Untitled2.jpg

arnie has always had a long horse head lol

The forehead is fine. It looks smaller than the photo because the fringe/bangs cover it more.

A 1984 Sarah is important if we want to recreate the "under the bridge" scene :p

it confuses me the essence of the film is there is a Terminator seeking a target and the possibility of the targets not being made. what good is the Predator line without Dutch and the other humans?

Back