Hot Toys - MMS136 - The Terminator: 1/6th scale T800 Collectible Figure (T1)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't wait for this to come out, just to see the same people moaning about it because they did not get one, or messing their underpants over how awesome it is in hand

The forehead is fine. It looks smaller than the photo because the fringe/bangs cover it more.

Trust me dino, the fore head is a LOT smaller.
ive almost got it dead on(2 pixels off in fact)...my edit looks way longer than it should be when really it is almost dead on.
and the hot toys original looks almost dead on when in fact its way too short.
i will show you what i mean in another pic soon.
but regardless, im happy enough with the sculpt as it is.
hot toys have a fantastic job and there is no mistaking that its arnie.

edit: it appears im just as "off" as the original. my edit is way too long while the original is way too short.
who cares. sculpt is good enough as is.

Last edited:
I can't wait for this to come out, just to see the same people moaning about it because they did not get one, or messing their underpants over how awesome it is in hand

yeah, its going to look even better in hand and im truthfully going to orgasm lol
im getting at least 2 by the way.

it confuses me the essence of the film is there is a Terminator seeking a target and the possibility of the targets not being made. what good is the Predator line without Dutch and the other humans?

Agreed.

Terminator_Fan_Game: yeah I did see that and I agree it does look like an improvement to me.

Dinolast: Yeah he does but I think he means more "yup! I agree with you" than "yup that's right the figure in this pic doesn't look 100% accurate to this photo." Perhaps he does agree that those photos compared to those pics of the sculpt show that it's off...ultimately we ALL have to compare the figure to photos/screencaps at some point, because we don't know Arnie in the flesh hah (and even if we did, we don't know in person what he looked like back then!), so u know. But to reiterate my last post I think what he meant was overall from all the pics of the sculpt, compared to all the screencaps of Arnie, the sculpt looks a bit off. I dunno, I think that's the case too so I'm biased. In any event, I won't defend him anymore he can do so himself if he so chooses ;)

As for the forehead being fine and it's just that the fringe covers more of it then yes arguably that could be right. Either way i think it'd be an improvement to the look of the sculpt. The main thing for me I think is that the brows (esp on the outside) are slightly too heavy and/or the eyes are sloped slightly the wrong way, too far down on the outside of his face. if that makes sense. and again im nitpicking but this is what happens I guess when people are asked to explain/defend what they mean heh. And then we start again with the complaining about complaining ;)

I think as long as someone puts the disclaimer: warning: nitpicking! then it should be ok to, u know, nitpick.

I think the likeness is fine.
100% perfect no. I think a big reason for the disagreements on this forum sometimes is that there are members here who have been collecting a long time and used to think the ken sculpts we got years ago we decent so nowadays it's hard to complain with amazing work like this.

Even if the sculpt should be a tad longer , personally I prefer it the way it is. Looks odd to me long.

it confuses me the essence of the film is there is a Terminator seeking a target and the possibility of the targets not being made. what good is the Predator line without Dutch and the other humans?

Because despite film relevance, these products are about making money as much as fandom. If the return on the investment to put a Sarah out there doesn't look worth it, no one will make her. Most Hot Toys lines focus on sure selling characters and looks and sometimes characters they take a chance on fail for some reason, like Two-Face.

I'll be back!

When the figure is in hand.

I think it looks amazing. The likeness is fantastic IMO, and at the end of the day that matters the most.
Although I will say this. Yulli is a great artist, and she's just not getting the appreciation she deserves lately, which is a great shame

Well if Terminator-Fan-Game's latest photoshop comparison doesn't demonstrate the problem with Yullis (otherwise excellent) Arnie sculpts nothing will.

Sorry mate could explain Game?

Is that a mistype, or does it mean something?

These are genuine questions before you think I am taking the piss

HT is going to make a few more characters from the T-1 line, Kyle Reese, young Sarah or even BD T-800 and Endo. (from milk) :clap:clap:clap

Just bumping this post so people late to the thread can figure out what the hell you guys are talking about. This took some serious backreading:thud:

I'll be back!

When the figure is in hand.

I think it looks amazing. The likeness is fantastic IMO, and at the end of the day that matters the most.
Although I will say this. Yulli is a great artist, and she's just not getting the appreciation she deserves lately, which is a great shame

Trust me, I have a ton of respect for Yulli. As an artist myself, I can really appreciate her work. I can only dream of creating such amazing masterpieces that she has. I simply cant thank her enough.
Just because I nit-pick, doesnt mean I dont like the work, or think I could do any better...im just giving my own personal opinion on it from an art perspective. Its just something we artists do to help each other improve our work so im sorry if I seem to be putting this figure down because thats FAR from the truth.
You probably already know all this, but I thought I should explain just in case.

Because despite film relevance, these products are about making money as much as fandom. If the return on the investment to put a Sarah out there doesn't look worth it, no one will make her. Most Hot Toys lines focus on sure selling characters and looks and sometimes characters they take a chance on fail for some reason, like Two-Face.

yes I agree of course but I don't see much of risk with a Sarah T1 or small John because the interest is there and they can simply come here and see peeps will eagerly buy it. most of the collectors in the hobby are the completionists and will pay whatever is asked for them, believe us. besides no one else made them in detailed versions before so Hot Toys will be making history like the black highway at night.

Sorry mate could explain Game?

Is that a mistype, or does it mean something?

These are genuine questions before you think I am taking the piss

Its just one of my youtube names "TerminatorFanGame"
Im making a fan game of terminator...hence the name LOL
Its going to be like a classic megadrive/snes game.

I just subbed you by the way Dino...my main youtube name is SkemeKOS.

Last edited:
I will at some point, can't promise it'd be today. I usually take awhile to bask in the awesomeness of my new figures.

Thanks guys for the all the goodwill you've sent my way.

Quiggle - order the T-1000 if you haven't already. No chance you'll regret it whatsoever.
T_F_G - hope you get yours soon and that it finds you well.

Back