Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure (as long as I don't get yelled at by a Mod)

Fairly Sure Things:
-Avengers Mark VI (from the trailer it looks like we have a slightly modified Mark VI in the versus Thor scene)
-Avengers Mark VII (from the conceptual art)

Rumored:
-Hulkbuster (Mark ?) (there are huge rumors that it will be shown but not used if that is the case then I see HT not being able to help themselves)
-Iron Man 2 specific Mark III (The new Mark II leads to that speculation not to mention the damage in the Mark III display suit differs from the Iron Man 1 damage)
-Mark I (this rumor has been fueled a lot in recent times)
-HT Avengers SDCC Exclusive Mark ? - If they hit the Avengers releases early which is possible, I can see them going back to the well as they did with the Mark III and the Mark IV for this. If not I fully expect it for a Toy Fairs exclusive in 2013.

Actual Releases:
-Mark II Unleashed (it'll most likely be pushed until next year Q1)
-Mark III Stealth (Supposedly set for Q4, again people expecting it to be released in Q1)
-Mark IV (Gentry version) no difference but still a release

:rotfl

Don't forget the battle damaged VII and the secret project X gun metal.
:lol

Would anybody buy a HT skinny Rogers? (I'm being serious)

Skinny-Steve-Rogers-in-Captain-America-First-Avenger.jpg

I want one :D It would be cool if it was packaged together with the transformation chamber thingy (kinda like how IM comes with the gantry).

fb-02142-1.jpg

Without the crazy 'IM with gantry' price tag though :D

:lol

Would anybody buy a HT skinny Rogers? (I'm being serious)

Skinny-Steve-Rogers-in-Captain-America-First-Avenger.jpg

I want one :D It would be cool if it was packaged together with the transformation chamber thingy (kinda like how IM comes with the gantry).

fb-02142-1.jpg

Without the crazy 'IM with gantry' price tag though :D

I'd definiteley consider that, you'd need a HT muscular body with an Evans sculpt for the "after"

127px-Steve_Rogers_after_serum.jpg

But this would be a crazy price. :lecture

I don't know about that. If you take only the chamber itself, it'd be mostly plastic with the opening hatches for the points of articulation. It wouldn't be all that complex if they wanted to do it compared to a Power Loader or even the Gantry. Essentially the opening component could be cloned from the similar component which will be a part of the Iron Monger suit. Throw a Before/After Steve in there I think you could really have a nice display that is right up HT's alley. Knowing our luck though they'd include one Steve sculpt which could be plopped on both and we'd have to figure out an appropriate bash.

Yeah I guess including muscular Rogers would pretty much elevate the price to ridiculous levels.

With skinny Rogers being so little, I thought maybe he could be more of an accessory, than an actual figure, to the transformation chamber.

Edit: Didn't see the above post before posting :D

Is Hot Toys going to release any other IM's in the future?

Are you kidding, look how many Iron Mans are out already.
Iron Man 1
MK 1
MK 2
Mark II - Armor Unleashed Version (Taking pre-orders on now)
MK3
MK3 Gun Metal
MK 3 Battle Damage Iron Monger (Taking pre-orders on now)
TONY STARK MECH TEST (not really an Iron Man but close)
Iron Monger (villain)

Ironman 2
MK 4
MK 4 Mark IV Secret Project
MK 5 (taking pre-orders on now)
MK 6
War Machine (Altered MK 2)

And wait until Avengers comes out or Ironman III, I can’t see how any one of them will hold their value they’ll be so many different Ironman’s out it want be funny.

Are you kidding, look how many Iron Mans are out already.
Iron Man 1
MK 1
MK 2
Mark II - Armor Unleashed Version (Taking pre-orders on now)
MK3
MK3 Gun Metal
MK 3 Battle Damage Iron Monger (Taking pre-orders on now)
TONY STARK MECH TEST (not really an Iron Man but close)
Iron Monger (villain)

Ironman 2
MK 4
MK 4 Mark IV Secret Project
MK 5 (taking pre-orders on now)
MK 6
War Machine (Altered MK 2)

And wait until Avengers comes out or Ironman III, I can’t see how any one of them will hold their value they’ll be so many different Ironman’s out it want be funny.

????????????????????

What I mean is look how many are already out with only two movies. With Avengers and the Ironman sequels (You know they'll be more), they'll be plenty more Ironman MKs to come.

I think he was questioning the "MK 3 Battle Damage Iron Monger (Taking pre-orders on now)" you listed. I'm also curious as to what this is.

I think he was questioning the "MK 3 Battle Damage Iron Monger (Taking pre-orders on now)" you listed. I'm also curious as to what this is.

I think he's saying that with HT doing the mold for Iron Monger and the rampant popularity of Iron Man and by proxy the Avengers, that HT will likely make a second BD Iron Monger.

The "taking pre-orders now" was probably a mistake in copying and pasting

EDIT: after re-reading his post it looks like he just typed Iron Monger instead of Iron Man in that line by mistake and accidentally pasted the "taking pre-orders now".

Does HT Cap have two or three magazine pouches on each side of his belt? Every pic I see, I am only counting two. Also, I wonder if his boots will have the buckles on them as I haven't seen them, either. So stoked about this figure.

Back