Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think he's saying that with HT doing the mold for Iron Monger and the rampant popularity of Iron Man and by proxy the Avengers, that HT will likely make a second BD Iron Monger.

The "taking pre-orders now" was probably a mistake in copying and pasting

EDIT: after re-reading his post it looks like he just typed Iron Monger instead of Iron Man in that line by mistake and accidentally pasted the "taking pre-orders now".

Yes, it was a mistake.

Whew...had me worried, last thing I need is to upgrade my Mark III :lol
I reckon there's a better than even chance we get an updated Mark III sooner or later. Very likely will be announced before the Iron Monger comes up for pre-order, and will likely use the same mold being used for the "Stealth" Mark III, which appears to be a modified version of the new Mark II mold.

I'm hoping October rather than later- this looks to be a great masterpiece from HT....sorry but I like the WWII outfit FAR better than the modern one, just my preference!

I feel like Hot Toys is becoming the Capcom of 1/6

Here's how it now goes at Hot Toys HQ:

1. Acquire a license
2. Put one characters into production
3. Tell the eagerly awaiting fans
4. Let fans speculate on what's next for the license
5. Release the figure amongst the other big name franchises
6. if the figure doesn't set company records, abandon the license after the1st (possibly second) figure
7. Kick back and release an "updated" existing figure's like Joker, Iron Man or Predator.
8. Watch the money roll in from fools​

Last edited:
You guys must be joking. Hot Toys has been knocking out a ton of figures lately while also fixing old figures that weren't so good.

Yes they put out a lot of Iron Man armors BUT Iron Man has always had a ton of versions of his armor and they just keep getting better so its perfectly reasonable.

As for the Preds, I am not a huge fan so I don't know where all these different designs keep coming from but they are all DIFFERENT (except the remade classic) so thats perfectly reasonable as well.

The only thing I dont get and dont agree with would be when they do the same figure over and over like Joker or re-releasing the Mark IV. At least with Joker they are improving him. The IV is the exact same figure. Although, he is only being made available as an option with the Gantry so even this isnt much to complain about.

I feel like Hot Toys is becoming the Capcom of 1/6

Yep, they release the same characters over and over while making as few new ones as possible :(

Here's how it now goes at Hot Toys HQ:

1. Acquire a license
2. Put one characters into production
3. Tell the eagerly awaiting fans
4. Let fans speculate on what's next for the license
5. Release the figure amongst the other big name franchises
6. if the figure doesn't set company records, abandon the license after the1st (possibly second) figure
7. Kick back and release an "updated" existing figure's like Joker, Iron Man or Predator.
8. Watch the money roll in from fools​

wine.gif

More whine?

You guys must be joking. Hot Toys has been knocking out a ton of figures lately while also fixing old figures that weren't so good.

Yes they put out a lot of Iron Man armors BUT Iron Man has always had a ton of versions of his armor and they just keep getting better so its perfectly reasonable.

As for the Preds, I am not a huge fan so I don't know where all these different designs keep coming from but they are all DIFFERENT (except the remade classic) so thats perfectly reasonable as well.

The only thing I dont get and dont agree with would be when they do the same figure over and over like Joker or re-releasing the Mark IV. At least with Joker they are improving him. The IV is the exact same figure. Although, he is only being made available as an option with the Gantry so even this isnt much to complain about.

EXACTLY.

as an Iron man fan, I know it might seem to others as repetitive, but yes Iron man does have different armors, so it makes sense to keep them rolling.

But as far as the mark IV "re-release" I totally disapprove.

OOOH, like a doughnut box makes a big difference.:rotfl

It could be different. I dont follow them enough to know. I just heard people saying it was the same.

I know its not exactly the same. They used all their new techniques on it but from what I understand its the same "character," if you will, as the Predator 1 Pred.

I dont dare go in the Pred threads though lol, same as the Batman threads...too many high-strung fan boys waiting to attack people lol

EXACTLY.

But as far as the mark IV "re-release" I totally disapprove.

OOOH, like a doughnut box makes a big difference.:rotfl

Can you imagine the crap flung Hot Toys' way if they released a gantry without also re-releasing the MK IV to go with it? :lol

It could be different. I dont follow them enough to know. I just heard people saying it was the same.

I know its not exactly the same. They used all their new techniques on it but from what I understand its the same "character," if you will, as the Predator 1 Pred.

I dont dare go in the Pred threads though lol, same as the Batman threads...too many high-strung fan boys waiting to attack people lol

exactly, that's why I sit back and just watch them go back and forth.

Back