Hot Toys - MMS173 - Predator 2: 1/6th scale City Hunter Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The dreads are the correct length, why does everyone seem to nitpick over this?.

That guys review is the best yet, pointing out how most of what people nitpicked is actually not really an issue on the figure.

Though, i don't agree with slapping the old P2 head with a updated paint job on the new figure would really make it all that much better.

Last edited:
Wow, that's quite a difference in the mandibles. I wonder now if the majority of us will get ones that look like that or the previous look.

I am thinking he modded the mandibles since it clearly looks like he modded other figures like his Snake/Shadow pred by adding stuff to it.

If this is a running change in the second shipment then hell yea, awesome..if not, then i will mod them myself with a hairdryer.

I am thinking he modded the mandibles since it clearly looks like he modded other figures like his Snake/Shadow pred by adding stuff to it.

If this is a running change in the second shipment then hell yea, awesome..if not, then i will mod them myself with a hairdryer.

I suspect that may be the case as well. He claims his came with the fig as is but in his response on youtube he said he could mold and paint me ones just like his so...who knows. I guess we'll find out if other people receive better closed mandibles.

EDIT: Apparently this guy's figure came with the closed mouth mandibles looking that! What the hell...do we have another quality control issue with people getting different closed mandibles?
Interesting. To be honest though, doesn't make it look any more like the movie character. In fact to me those mandibles make him look even more like Jungle Hunter dressed as City Hunter than he did already.

That guys review is the best yet, pointing out how most of what people nitpicked is actually not really an issue on the figure.
Not really. Pretty much all of the accuracy issues he addresses are still quite obvious despite what he says. For example, that the new head sculpt isn't a rehash. You can clearly see that it is in fact a rehash when he compares it to the others. The only difference is the outer details.

Though, i don't agree with slapping the old P2 head with a updated paint job on the new figure would really make it all that much better.
It would. Nothing about this "new" head sculpt resembles P2. The old one has fantastic accuracy though. The only problem is that it's overall detailing is much softer and less intricate.

I think P. said he was going to put his original (repainted) P2 head on this new body. Eager to see that.

Well tommorrow for me, Trying to look forward to this guy, all the bad reactions kinda killing it abit TBH. I would be lying if I said I can't wait to open it, Its always a joy to get a new figure.

Hey check out this guys review. His closed mouth mandibles look so much better than the ones that come shipped with this guy! He didn't mention if he modded them or not but just take a look...

Skip to the 10 min mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bgp7Qhq6wME

EDIT: Apparently this guy's figure came with the closed mouth mandibles looking that! What the hell...do we have another quality control issue with people getting different closed mandibles?

Nice review though

Hey check out this guys review. His closed mouth mandibles look so much better than the ones that come shipped with this guy! He didn't mention if he modded them or not but just take a look...

Skip to the 10 min mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bgp7Qhq6wME

Interesting that those mandibles are closer together. It's got to be modded.
I like his insight on this figure. There's some good feedback in this vid.

Thanks for sharing.

Not only are the mandibles different . Don't you guys notice that his P2 cityhunter also has a bone trophy necklace. Mine didn't come with it and it should have. I don't see it on the prototype but they should have included it with this figure. I wonder if they made some last minute changes to the figure. I'm waiting for a reply from this reviewer about whether or not he received it. So far he says that he purchased it on eBay and did not tamper with the mandibles. (I'm loosing it Jerry!!!!)arrrrrrrhhhhhhh

I think this could be the same case as the Samurai Predator and the purple/read alien head. The first run of production for Asia and the USA are with imperfections, as the supply runs out and they are in production, they detect mistakes and correct them. In Europe and Spain we will get the City Hunter at the end of March, or first week of April, so I hope by that time I get those mandibles too in my City Hunter. I know its difficult , but maybe you should be mote patient and do not try to get the first predators out of the assembly line.

Last edited:
Ummm WTF. Exactly which "closed" set are we getting? Anyone who has gotten theirs,where did u get him? Havent seen any closed pairs like that posted here. Got 2 coming from SS on Monday. If there are indeed two diff versions I hope I get a pair of the fully closed pair.

More fun before starting on work this mornin!

I do love a figure that looks like it walked out of the movie. :)

IMAG2688.jpg

IMAG2693.jpg

I actually have a fractured finger after snowboarding so posing this heavy SOB is a killer! :D

Guys i just fixed my pred2 mandibles with hot water very easy. I didn't get it quite perfect but it looks good. I will try perfecting it with a hair later today. I dont get why hot toys didn't do this themselves, it solves the problem.

Guys i just fixed my pred2 mandibles with hot water very easy. I didn't get it quite perfect but it looks good. I will try perfecting it with a hair later today. I dont get why hot toys didn't do this themselves, it solves the problem.

That's great news.
Let's see how it turned out.

I got a chance to open him up yesterday, but it's been so long since I've got a new Hot Toys figure that I forgot how long it takes to open, fix broken stuff, pose, etc... Hoping to post pics this weekend.

Overall, I am reminded that with Hot Toys:
There are annoyances, they all have faults, they are rarely movie accurate, and they are for the most part effing awesome.

Which mandibles did you fix ? Closed or open? Can't wait to see .

Back