Hot Toys - MMS173 - Predator 2: 1/6th scale City Hunter Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys i just fixed my pred2 mandibles with hot water very easy. I didn't get it quite perfect but it looks good. I will try perfecting it with a hair later today. I dont get why hot toys didn't do this themselves, it solves the problem.

Can you please share pics of this? If there are indeed two different sets shipped I want to call up SSC and request the correct ones...

IMAG2688.jpg
Thats pretty darn cool. Dont think ive ever seen it posed like that before. And it looks really good

Got mine a few minutes ago. I will check it out after dinner. Funny thing is the ups wanted to talk about promethius!!!

That's wierd.

:lol I meant the ups guy, He was like so you collect predator toys huh, Then proceeded to tell me his thoughts on promethius after asking if I saw it:dunno Maybe he was fishing for a tip, do you guys tip your ups/fed-ex guys?

Anywho, still haven't opened the figure yet, I'm so beat from a long week at work, I'll try to get to it at somepoint tonight:monkey3

How did you do that? Just warm water? I'm thinking of doing the same thing. Looks better.

I just used a blow dryer. Only used that method 2 times before i had to take the kids to their martial arts class. I'm still not satisfied. Going to do it a lot more until Im happy with it.

I just used a blow dryer. Only used that method 2 times before i had to take the kids to their martial arts class. I'm still not satisfied. Going to do it a lot more until Im happy with it.

Very nice,
I should do that soon after I receive this figure

Thanks for sharing dude :hi5:

Ok so I cracked this mother open, still playing around with it but at the molment I'm liking the battle damaged look, looks so cool with the severed arm an medic mask, so far no qc issues, the arms fit perfectly into the socket, nice and flush.

All the joints are really tight and everything seems good. I also love the p2 regular mask to, almost did'nt go for the bd look cause its city hunter right there. I will argee that the jaw is less actuarate then pic I've seen of the old release but with four differant ways to display the face I'm sure you can find one or two you will love.

Having shadow predator already this guy does not seem interesting as he would have not having a shadow pred, but I can't sell him short, this the predator from the movie for sure and brings way more to the table than shadow did. Thats the main reason I wanted to go for the bd look, as to make him look as differant as possible, and the green predator blood dripping off the stump really pops on the figure.

The medkit is a thing of beauty, the tools look as though you can remove them from the kit, nice touch hot toys:clap The blades on the arm gauntlet are kinda stiff, I did not bother trying to extend them as I would likely stab myself:panic:

I will post more of my thoughts along with pictures by tommorrow, cameras dead right now. Overall happy with my purchese, an a very important iconic predator has been added to the collection:)

Nice mod BHE, certainly hides the one glaring inacturate jaw:clap I'm more than happy to just slap on one if the two masks included to achieve the look I like. Everyone has there favorate way to display there preds, I like the bio-masks personally, they to me look more interesting as each predator has there own custom mask and no two are alike.

Anyway though the mod looks great and easy enough for most too do:hi5:

Wow, great job modding those! That looks much better. Can you explain in a little more detail how you did it?

I heated up the mandibles for about 10-15 seconds(they get really bendy), put them back on and just squeezed them together to get the look I wanted. Then I put them in cold water pot(hand in all) for 20-25 seconds. I repeat it a couple of times until I got the look I wanted.

so... i got that guy yesterday.
what can i say?
i didn't know that i'll be that pleased to see how it went out!
it gave me a perfect body & armor for the p2!

its color scheme is exactly like on P2 suit molds in SW studio. perfect color fit, that's what i wanted to see in SilentSurfer repaint. that disgustingly pale belly, those stripes looking like burns, everything.

its paint scheme sucks compared to SS paint for sure, but what doesn't? SS it a magician when it comes to live creatures paint. he gave his predator blue veins, several levels of colors going one into another.
but this is a mass product figure and ok, it's as cool as previous classic/p1. i'm happy enough with it until HT begins to take $1000 for their predators and make them as professional as SS does.

so... the first thing i did was getting rid of that tsang's head abomination which looks painted by a kid and eating crap (mouth covered with brown liquid).
i used SS-repainted head which fit almost perfectly, though SS's paint scheme was red/pink/white and this body is brown/orange/white.

001_neckmod_01_zps3c4fb4cd.jpg

001_neckmod_02_zps9ea726da.jpg

then i replaced his right shoulder armor with "shadow"'s one because it fits better

001_rightshoulder_01_zps772df219.jpg

and gave his left shoulder armor the crocodile skin holder from the old P2 to fit the movie.

001_leftshoulder_01_zpsf929e670.jpg

well, i think that it was in the movie, though i have never checked it thoroughly.

very happy to see that this time his left arm rocket can be de-attached from its silo.

001_left_arm_gun_shot_01_zps49370246.jpg

001_left_arm_gun_ready_01_zps266a55f8.jpg

also you might have noticed that "shadow predator" has been used a lot for this one: not only his right shoulder armor was put here, but his palms fit the new pred good enough (to give the poses the new one lacks), and, of course, the little bag's holder was taken from "shadow.

that is all for now.
i will have to think how to make his hip armor turning and moving. tsang completely destroyed the poseability for his left hip and that bothers me a lot.

also you might have noticed that "shadow predator" has been used a lot for this one: not only his right shoulder armor was put here, but his palms fit the new pred good enough (to give the poses the new one lacks), and, of course, the little bag's holder was taken from "shadow.

Really nice custom work P.:clap I will say you are wrong about the right shoulder armor being reused from shadow, it is not. The shoulder armor is all new, similar yes but if you look at them side by side they are completely differant molds. Not sure what little bags holder your refuring to compare.

Over all I'm pleased with the figure myself, I can see they missed the mark on the face as I just rewatched the movie tonight, in the movie he has some big eyes, oddly big tbh.

I will say you are wrong about the right shoulder armor being reused from shadow, it is not. The shoulder armor is all new, similar yes but if you look at them side by side they are completely differant molds.
have to check! but what i meant was that shadow's armor is stuck to the shoulder and it looks like in the movie, while the new one sticks to the body armor and that is incorrect.
if the new one looks more like the movie one, i'll just use the rubber tape from the old one on it :)
i know for sure that this time then nailed the front groin plate. though the *** plate might be smaller. i don't know whose this is because i didn't check the movie P2 ***.

Predator-2-1990-movie-props.jpg

INot sure what little bags holder your refuring to compare.
the bag holding band that goes across his body. i took it from "shadow".

Predator-2-1990-movie-props.jpg

Back