Hot Toys - MMS173 - Predator 2: 1/6th scale City Hunter Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Picture Time, Part Three

8480835892_a603b80dcc_b.jpg

I know I've seen that shot in the film, very nice. Thats where Harrigan first enters the slaughterhouse if I'm not mistaken ''you want me? Here I am''.

The LED in the mask is quite possibly the best rendition to date.

They really nailed the spaces between the aiming laser this time. Ugh, this can't get here fast enough.

Agreed. I'm surprised you're the first person I've heard praise this. It's finally three distinct red dots, instead of just a blob of red (as it was on Berserker & Classic). Really well done.

Thats true the targeting system is the best yet, also the netting is too, it is certainly the thinist I've seen on a hot toys pred, as least outta the ones I own.

BTW Spanbauer your pics are really amazing:clap

I know I've seen that shot in the film, very nice. Thats where Harrigan first enters the slaughterhouse if I'm not mistaken ''you want me? Here I am''.
No, I think that's when he first realizes he's not alone in the slaughter house.

You see one of Keys' guys step on a stair and it makes a light creaking noise, then it cuts to that scene of P2 halting and turning around as if he's startled.

Maybe not though. :lol

8480835892_a603b80dcc_b.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Wow, nice pics man. Especially this one =]

All you guys posting pics and receiving shipping notices ahhh...still not got one myself yet >.< haha

Thats true the targeting system is the best yet, also the netting is too, it is certainly the thinist I've seen on a hot toys pred, as least outta the ones I own.
Yeah the netting is quite a bit thinner; I noticed that as soon as I opened the box. It's really nice.

BTW Spanbauer your pics are really amazing:clap
Thank you!

No, I think that's when he first realizes he's not alone in the slaughter house.

You see one of Keys' guys step on a stair and it makes a light creaking noise, then it cuts to that scene of P2 halting and turning around as if he's startled.

Maybe not though. :lol
:lol to be honest I was going for the scene when he's about to shoot Keys.

Dangit I told myself I did NOT need this fig in my collection but these in hand pics are seriously selling it. Am I mistaken or does it look like hot toys is getting better at the scale of the head? Not the sculpt obviously but at least the scale looks good.

Dangit I told myself I did NOT need this fig in my collection but these in hand pics are seriously selling it. Am I mistaken or does it look like hot toys is getting better at the scale of the head? Not the sculpt obviously but at least the scale looks good.

Yes I believe so, looks right to me at least. I was gunna pass on this guy myself, then he popped up at sideshow and I had a couple hundred bucks burning a hole in my pocket at the time and just took the plunge:panic: At first with all the bad feedback I was starting to regret it, that is until I received it yesterday.

I can't say it blew me away but I am very pleased how well it was made, displays beautiful in the cabinet with my other predators, the severed arm really pops with that neon green blood seem as if its glowing. Bio is a thing of beauty, esspeically lit up. this guy does not bring a whole lot of new to the table, some of it is but mainly whats here is better than whats been made previsely.

For example the light up bio mask function is improved, the netting is improved and compared to the previse city hunter everything is better except the head sculpt, bio is better, body is better, and so on.

Things that would have made this guy perfect would have been a roof top deco base, a better trophy like a cleaned up king willy skull instead of the rehashed beserker trophy, the forked spear head that danny found, Better sculpted face, and some bullet wounds oozeing green blood. That last idea might limit display options but I would have liked it.

Re: Picture Time, Part One

Got this guy yesterday, had time to take some photos today. I was able to get him to hang on to the skull trophy with one of his stock left hands, btw, without any modification.

8479740571_cee0d75422_b.jpg

8480830348_ca30afe33c_b.jpg

8480830814_394a166d67_b.jpg

8479741369_2b2a908e80_b.jpg

8480831276_d5e01ef701_b.jpg

8480831404_2b6edaa503_b.jpg

8479741995_d3e33413ed_b.jpg

8479742285_a631933ef8_b.jpg

8479742457_fc2337b874_b.jpg
all those plus others are a WOW photo session.
one of those that prevent me from posting posed photos because there's no meaning in competing :)

Honestly i love this figure but i can never pose him unmasked with the closed mandi's
cuz even after modding the facial structure and expression isn't pred2.
He still looks spot on masked and his open mandi's look fierce like my zerker pred.

Wow all these recent pics are great. Finally the predator I have always wanted has come out. Now do I stop here or grab the new elder pred when he eventually comes out. Decisions Decisions.

Things that would have made this guy perfect would have been a roof top deco base,
Better sculpted face, and some bullet wounds oozeing green blood. That last idea might limit display options but I would have liked it.

Possible battle damaged variant? :monkey1

It folds back down into place, same as the first P2 figure HT released.

Re: Picture Time, Part One

all those plus others are a WOW photo session.
one of those that prevent me from posting posed photos because there's no meaning in competing :)
Haha, thanks P! Wasn't my intent to discourage you :monkey3

shoulder gun looks bent here. why?
Good eye! It actually came that way. Luckily the plastic is soft enough that it can be straightened. Did you notice the strip of the spear (where the bottom telescoping part meets the handle) that went unpainted?

8479740571_cee0d75422_b.jpg

Back