Hot Toys - MMS173 - Predator 2: 1/6th scale City Hunter Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2. A shoulder canon at least 50% larger than the current one, mounted like NECA's and painted intricately.
1. it is not mounted like Neca. Neca is mounted like HT. yes, like that old HT P2.
2) while HT was mounted like McFarlane which is older.
3) while all of them are mounted like in the movie (at least if you mean the stick insread of rail. that's not a rail.)

1. it is not mounted like Neca. Neca is mounted like HT. yes, like that old HT P2.
2) while HT was mounted like McFarlane which is older.
3) while all of them are mounted like in the movie (at least if you mean the stick insread of rail. that's not a rail.)
I think it's supposed to be a rail :wink1:

What I'd like is this, anyhow:

36481d1348845704-advance-review-necas-quarter-scale-predator-2-city-hunter-1predlaser.jpg

The only source where it appears on a pole instead of a rail is that promotional poster. From what can be seen from the film itself, I think this NECA figure is just about right.

The only source where it appears on a pole instead of a rail is that promotional poster. From what can be seen from the film itself, I think this NECA figure is just about right.
the stick is best visible in this shot.

p2_cannon_link-1.jpg

it also can be seen from front-top when predator tears the broken cannon off the mounting stick.
the shot is too short to catch it, though.

Spanbauer, don't you think that, if you disagree with somebody, there is 50% probability that he's right?
wasn't it you saying that there was no tongue in the movie with similar words? :)

what always makes me wonder is, no matter how much i prove my words with pictures, it's enough to put ONE post without a picture to make every other times not count.

the stick is best visible in this shot.

p2_cannon_link-1.jpg

it also can be seen from front-top when predator tears the broken cannon off the mounting stick.
the shot is too short to catch it, though.
Yeah I was thinking about it after I posted. Sorry, I didn't mean to imply there's no stick. Because there's definitely got to be something to elevate it off the shoulder or else it'd be right under his chin. I imagine you'd agree however that the stick shouldn't be as prevalent and gaudy as Hot Toys (via McFarlane) has made it out to be? I suspect the best solution would likely be a much shorter stick combined with a rail system.

Anyhow, the stick doesn't even bother me as much as the scale of the cannon and lack of paint application/intricate parts; as I showed in my photos it's very easy to hide the stick in the hair - making it a non-issue except from the back when the cannon is put away.

You don't happen to have a screenshot of his back when he's crawling the Eastern Building and lightning strikes - illuminating his back - do you?

I imagine you'd agree however that the stick shouldn't be as prevalent and gaudy as Hot Toys (via McFarlane) has made it out to be? I suspect the best solution would likely be a much shorter stick combined with a rail system.
agreed completely!
just pointed that people often say that stick is a mistake while it is not.

You don't happen to have a screenshot of his back when he's crawling the Eastern Building and lightning strikes - illuminating his back - do you?
nothing i could get from it except the size of the cannon / the fact that its microUSB part goes in and out.
extend_cannon_b.jpg

extend_cannon_01.jpg

extend_cannon_02.jpg

extend_cannon_03.jpg

extend_cannon_04.jpg

p.s. anyway the most funny thing about those cannons mounting places is that predators must be half-deaf from using them :D

p.s. anyway the most funny thing about those cannons mounting places is that predators must be half-deaf from using them :D
Lol, definitely. But not nearly as deaf as War Machine, with a Gatling gun on his shoulder :lol

Thanks for those pics. You're right that unfortunately you can't make out what it looks like above the cannon when it's parked on his back. I never noticed the part sliding in and out before, either; nice catch!

Re: Net launcher

I forget, did the original Hot Toys Predator 2 figure include the trigger on the net launcher?

Stunt-net-launcher-weapon.jpg
yes there was a trigger :)

ddb7bf6196d5.jpg

i want to take it instead of the new one but cannot find it yet.

p.s. from your quote pictures of Neca i see that i was wrong and they didn't copy HT/MF.

Last edited:
Re: Net launcher

yes there was a trigger :)

ddb7bf6196d5.jpg

i want to take it instead of the new one but cannot find it yet.

p.s. from your quote pictures of Neca i see that i was wrong and they didn't copy HT/MF.

There was no trigger on the net gun when it was attached to his leg in the movie, hell maybe it was never seen in the movie and only in promo shots or pre-production.

screen used prop
netgun1.jpg

better pic of the plasma caster arm...Neca got it more accurate i believe.
p2_movie_c2.jpg

It doesn't bother me (the only place the trigger can be seen is that poster) but I wonder why Hot Toys removed it?
i guess some pred suits didn't have that trigger due to no need in detalisation or any other reason.
maybe HT made an attempt of using movie props this time.

6800dcf25e6d.jpg

e1d268a0f646.jpg

d299ecd87b29.png

or what Valfar said.

Yeah hot toys could have at least shortened the stick this time, i mean there is no reason that the cannon should ever be that far to the side. In the film the cannon has limited swivel range and never actually extends out, it only swivels in and out. I swear has ht's ever even seen pred2?

If I were to be upset at Hot Toys for any defects, it'd be that the neck joint is completely flawed. You turn his head, and it falls off. You tilt his head and it falls off. If you've got him looking upward or downward even the slightest, it seems the head isn't even attached but simply balancing atop the neck post.

Hmm, I never really had that problem with mine. The headsculpt stays on very well when turning it right & left and tilting it up & down. Maybe I just got lucky.

Here is some pics. Really like how this figure turned out.

7_zpsbe3cb3ae.jpg

10_zpse4658492.jpg

18_zpsc8db3337.jpg

20_zpsf2af7979.jpg

23_zpse052184e.jpg

29_zps8a416b2b.jpg

26_zpsd48ff221.jpg

Oh god mines coming tomorrow, I got the very last one from my local place! So excited, its my 3rd predator/HT figure! Already have berserker and classic, they're all going to look so cool together! Also really looking forward to that scar, he'll prolly come around for my birthday :)

tumblr_lqcndaZi4L1qa1o5zo1_500.jpg

crash-mccreery-predator-design.jpg

He's close enough to the source material for my taste. He's not perfect...but what is!?

It's not that the cannon is too small, its too thin. I think scale is pretty accurate its looks when seen at a more elevated view, but from the front and side its too thin. Mcfarlane got it right in that dep at least, where it's thick at back, but more narrow on the front tip. Ht's made it the same width completely, which is wrong.

Back