1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

I personally love the MOS suit. as time change, people change and clothes/style. people dont want an underwear spandex superhero anymore.

I feel exactly the same way. nostalgia is nice and great and all, but seriously something's we just have to update and move on from. certain things that may have worked before just won't work in present.

Texture sure, but it's still another person's idea. There has to be other ways to add texture.

Also, my criticisms have nothing to do with nostalgia or keeping the underwear... just lazy design.

I think they should have leaned towards the design of the New 52 Superman outfit. Maybe instead of the textures, they costume design team could have added the outlines from the new 52 Superman costume. This image below i think is a cool concept for a modern Superman costume and it would've been cool if MOS Superman's costume was based of it.

supersketch.jpg

If memory serves me right, it's not even carbon fiber. There are 3 parts to the suit, and undersuit, then a silver metallic suit then the blue mesh suit with the chain mail design on it. The silver metallic undersuit gives it that metal like sheen we see in various pictures. There's no carbon fiber

I think they should have leaned towards the design of the New 52 Superman outfit. Maybe instead of the textures, they costume design team could have added the outlines from the new 52 Superman costume. This image below i think is a cool concept for a modern Superman costume and it would've been cool if MOS Superman's costume was based of it.
Ummm...no

I know there isn't any carbon fiber... it just has that look. Like spidermans costume. Anyway... haha.

supersketch.jpg

MOS > than New 52 suit.

MoS suit is badass looking. I wouldn't mind seeing it in the new movie.

I know there isn't any carbon fiber... it just has that look. Like spidermans costume. Anyway... haha.

I think I know what you mean. Like how every superhero costume has not only had a pattern but also a sub-pattern design under the main one.

I think it started with Spider-Man in 2002 where they had the honeycomb design under the raised webbing. Then I think it was Superman Returns suit with the "S" shield diamond pattern as the sub-pattern everywhere on the suit and also on the chest shield and even on the belt and the bottom of his boots. After that I can't remember much but it has been the norm for superhero costumes to have a very busy more interesting design than just the straight spandex suit. I think even green lantern had it and of course Amazing spiderman and MOS.

I get what you are saying that each one since the first has just been a carbon copy of the last and that they are all standing on the shoulders of giants. But spiderman was dye sublimated onto the spandex. Symbiotic spidey was silk screened to give it that slick wet look. Superman returns was dye sublimated into the fabric. Green lantern was all CG. ASM I'm not sure but I know the same designer who they used for the Ramie suits was the same guy for ASM. It may just be the designer.

Man of steel has a very unique pattern I've never seen before. Not sure what the process is but I think it's a combination of dye sublimation for the color and muscle shading, then silk screening, and also the silicone rubber stripes that make up the belt and the lines for the back and waist.

If the only way for the suits to become more interesting is to make them less interesting it may be counter productive. I love the detailed suits so much more than the plain Janes. That's why I never picked up a Reeve Superman. Too simple a suit for my taste.

If the only way for the suits to become more interesting is to make them less interesting it may be counter productive. I love the detailed suits so much more than the plain Janes.

When they start to change the details on a suit, they have to be careful. It's not enough to take details away. They have to add something to balance it.
You can simply remove the pants and belt. But you'll always need to add something else to make it look like there's still something going on. Other wise, it's just going to look like a big pair of jammies.

photo1-7.jpg

IMG_4248.jpg

Came across something while searching up videos of this guy in anticipation...

In the movie the cape completely covered the back and didn't show any of the blue suit, but on the Hot Toys figure the blue is showing and you can see what looks like the zipper

Movie stills:
F1jwwfa.jpg

kYUU9Yq.jpg

Hot Toys figure:
WkTrMzo.jpg

I know I'm nitpicking and I realize it may just be an issue with it being a prototype, but if it carries over to the retail release... I'm probably gonna pick up a custom cape

Do you guys think that Cavill will have a different suit in Batman vs. Superman?

Im not so sure. In context of the story, he inherited it from his father, so why would he change it? We all expected a new Batman costume in The Dark Knight Rises but didn't get one.

Came across something while searching up videos of this guy in anticipation...

In the movie the cape completely covered the back and didn't show any of the blue suit, but on the Hot Toys figure the blue is showing and you can see what looks like the zipper

Movie stills:
F1jwwfa.jpg

kYUU9Yq.jpg

Hot Toys figure:
WkTrMzo.jpg

I know I'm nitpicking and I realize it may just be an issue with it being a prototype, but if it carries over to the retail release... I'm probably gonna pick up a custom cape

I suspect they used a Thor cape or something similar for the prototype to get it out on the show floor. Hopefully it will change upon final release.

I am hoping they do fix the cape and make it a darker red. Also I don't think they will change the suit. It has received tons of positive feed back. Unlike the amazing spiderman one which they were force to change it back to the original look, which sucks I really enjoyed the new modern one.

I'm really hoping they work on that cape alot more. It's a very important part of his suit. Hope that we won't all have to go out and get a custom like we do with all the Batman figs. Other then the cape. I think this figure looks perfect so far.

Yea I mean this cape business was brought up way back when the ON.CC pics showed up shortly after the figure reveal which showed the zipper at the back of the figure cape being wrong. Would hate to go the custom cape route but if I have to, will definitely be going with Tony Mei (still need to send him my PAK MOS figures for custom capes)

When they start to change the details on a suit, they have to be careful. It's not enough to take details away. They have to add something to balance it.
You can simply remove the pants and belt. But you'll always need to add something else to make it look like there's still something going on. Other wise, it's just going to look like a big pair of jammies.

photo1-7.jpg

IMG_4248.jpg

Yup. Exactly. No details equals pajamas.

photo1-7.jpg

Barry did you stuff the crotch on this guy (on the right)? I couldnt help but notice. He seems to be packing a super-lunch box.

Is that one of the older TT "generic" heads? the ones that used to come with the TT bodies?

Back