1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Not saying it perfect, but this happens just like clock work. First shots come in with a cell phone camera on a lighted base and people start to sweat.

Not saying it perfect, but this happens just like clock work. First shots come in with a cell phone camera on a lighted base and people start to sweat.

I'm new to the game, hold me

(rocks him softly) "Its all going to be ok..."

Looks great! They showed the updated body before so this looks like they tweaked the suit and details a bit. The cape still looks like a Thor cape.

This could also be one of the protos just for store display. The final product could very well be at the Hot Toys' offices for additional fixes and tweaks. They're coming up on the production time-table for this figure considering it's SUPPOSED to be out in February 2014.

Looks great! They showed the updated body before so this looks like they tweaked the suit and details a bit. The cape still looks like a Thor cape.

This could also be one of the protos just for store display. The final product could very well be at the Hot Toys' offices for additional fixes and tweaks. They're coming up on the production time-table for this figure considering it's SUPPOSED to be out in February 2014.

You know that most likely means they are already in boxes waiting to be loaded at the docks, lol.

Almost positive its just the lighting causing the sculpt tooo look off....im sure it will be awesome. Only a few nit picks here for me if this is indeed the final product....first is the new body while its closer than the very first proto its still a tad off but way better....second is the cape obviously, sits way too high up n his neck....needs to lay down flat on his shoulders a lil more. So maybe if this is just a stand in thor cape then they maybe need to find a heavier fabric and lastly the shield on his chest definitely needs to be a tad bigger and moved up to right up under the collar line. This is definitely the first time I have ever critiqued a figure that wasnt announced as the "final product". Anyways I will for sure be getting 2 of these guys as its my most anticipated figure!

Still Feb. so another 2 months or so

I'm glad I'm getting this. Imagine the cost on the secondary market. I messed up and didn't buy the HT Chris Reeves superman and later paid an arm and a leg later. I also plan to get the Sideshow classic version and after that I'm broke for the year (in other words my wife won't let me buy anymore toys).

I have this on pre-order and really like the figure, but I may cancel and wait for the inevitable release of a second Supes to go along with Affleck's Batman. I'll see how this looks in the final review pictures and make up my mind then.

I'd buy now, resell n upgrade later if absolutely needed. I'm prepared to display this superman with my Nolan batman stuff. I don't have much faith in the sequel batman vs superman whatever.
Seems like it's turning into a really rushed "quick let's half *** it n catch up with what marvels got going on" justice league.

Which just might suck..

I have this on pre-order and really like the figure, but I may cancel and wait for the inevitable release of a second Supes to go along with Affleck's Batman. I'll see how this looks in the final review pictures and make up my mind then.

If you go that route the figure is probably gonna come out mid-2016 or early 2017.....

Just some food for thought.

Yeah if it's a quality figure that speaks to you... buy it now. Sell him later as more than likely he'll be worth more at the time between the new one.

Who knows.

I'd buy now, resell n upgrade later if absolutely needed. I'm prepared to display this superman with my Nolan batman stuff. I don't have much faith in the sequel batman vs superman whatever.
Seems like it's turning into a really rushed "quick let's half *** it n catch up with what marvels got going on" justice league.

Which just might suck..

A very fair point. I fear Affleck could be an awesome Batman whose performance is bogged down by a rushed story and too many character introductions (Wonder Woman as well as rumors of Nightwing showing up). I hope I'm wrong, but it's not looking too good right now.

If you go that route the figure is probably gonna come out mid-2016 or early 2017.....

Just some food for thought.

True, not to mention about $100 more than it is now :lol . But I'm already over my budget for figures this year as it is. I'm still going to wait and see how this turns out before deciding whether to cancel or not.

1476459_570265543052338_112064156_n.jpg

1380031_570265556385670_240922863_n.jpg

1461114_570265593052333_262426495_n.jpg

The texture on the suit looks fantastic there.

Looks like the cowl is ripping though :/

Back