1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

^ simply stunning photos. :thud::thud::thud:

Indeed. Stunning pictures! Very life like poses!

Bri

I concur with my esteemed colleagues above, this pics are stunning!
I got my Tony Mei cape today, a real beauty.

Amazing photos. Looks good! But what happened with your previous cape?

Wow that cape looks amazing.

I was under the impression that the cape couldn't be swapped on this figure.
Thanks guys. The cape is a nice final touch to the figure along with the collar mod. I'm just happy to finally have it all set up and done.

Beautiful pic there Hologram :clap
Nice pics yourself! Glad to see you got it all set up. How long did it take you to install it? When I initially got my first cape I had bent pins left and right. I think Tony was aware because my 2nd one had about 20 of them thrown in. :lol

Guys would any of you recommend crazy glue for the cape/collar mod?
You don't need super/crazy glue for the cape. The cape is installed with pins that Tony supplies. The collar can just be glued back just fine with super/crazy glue. It doesn't run and you only need a thin amount of it to attach it back onto the suit.

I used the Loctite Gel too.

image.jpg

Nice pics yourself! Glad to see you got it all set up. How long did it take you to install it? When I initially got my first cape I had bent pins left and right. I think Tony was aware because my 2nd one had about 20 of them thrown in. :lol

Thanks Hologram :duff

Took about 30 mins to do. First pin went in fine but the second one took 3 attempts, kept bending them!

No, used a pair of pliers.

Very good. I was going to suggest such.
On mine(The original cape i reinstalled after doing my first modded one), i used a set of snips to chop the tips off some dressmakers pins, so they were just 1cm long, but i made sure the cuts were at a sharp angle, so there was a bladed front end, and used those to hold the cape in place.
I have got my two Tony Meis capes now, but my Brother wants to document the process of the mod, so i am saving adding the Tony cape to mine till we can arrange to be in the same place to do it.

I kind of want to mod mine mine now lol.

I kind of want to mod mine mine now lol.

I just ordered a cape from Tony. I thought I'd be fine with the stock version but after seeing how amazing the mod looks, I have to do it as well. I watched a how to video so I'm pretty confident I'll be able to pull it off. My only concern is getting the collar off without tearing the suit.

I think I'm going to paint the collar and gauntlets metallic blue but I'm not sure what brand paint to get. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

The collar mod does make the figure look great. As far as painting the collar and gauntlets metallic blue I wouldn't know what color to use. But someone here saw the suit in person and mentioned that collar and gauntlets and black strips on the suit are indeed black not blue so I guess it is screen accurate.

Go for it guys, it really isn't difficult to do, just take your time. I enjoyed doing it. Won't be painting the collar and gauntlets though.

Re: MMS200 - Man of Steel: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

looks awesome Barry :clap been contemplating making one of these.
No worries. The shirt is one that has no sleeves. It is handy for getting it on!

nice :hi5: will get a pair of those for my Smallville Custom

If you find another source, let me know.
I want to get another set to make myself another Joe figure.

Back