1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

Sideshow didn't have any of the their own exclusives or the Hot Toys Toy Fairs exclusives at SDCC last year anyway, so this is nothing new. I don't consider something an SDCC exclusive if the product isn't actually available at the convention.

HT may have to race to get Man of Steel Supes out before the next movie if DC/WB gets their way and HT may get very busy with other figures as well.

I just read WB is trying to shoehorn Man of Steel 2 in for next year. The end of the year is more plausible to me. I cannot see this happening, if it does chances are it will be a terrible rush job.

Also, the MOS 2 movie is getting bounced around to be the lead in for Justice League in 2015. More of a Marvel model in reverse. Perhaps to see what characters become popular from a Justice League movie and go back to do origins later on. It would still work, great thing about movies.........flashbacks. I don't know if the world is ready for a Aquaman and another Green Lantern turd combo so this may be the best way to produce it for DC to guard against bad movies.

However if I can see Green Lantern get beat to death with a treated piece of lumber it would be spectacular.:lol Wood. Seriously.:slap

Last edited:

I personally liked all the previous DC/WB movies, so I have hope in them. :pray:

There is no way in h-e-double hockey sticks MoS2 is gonna be out next year, they are talking through their hats.

I unexpectedly got the afternoon off work today, and popped along to the local cinema and watched MoS again.
I enjoyed it a lot more than the first time, and felt it passed quicker on a second watch.
I also picked up on a lot of small details i never got the first time.
Looking forward to this figure even more now.

HT may have to race to get Man of Steel Supes out before the next movie if DC/WB gets their way and HT may get very busy with other figures as well.

I just read WB is trying to shoehorn Man of Steel 2 in for next year. The end of the year is more plausible to me. I cannot see this happening, if it does chances are it will be a terrible rush job.

Also, the MOS 2 movie is getting bounced around to be the lead in for Justice League in 2015. More of a Marvel model in reverse. Perhaps to see what characters become popular from a Justice League movie and go back to do origins later on. It would still work, great thing about movies.........flashbacks. I don't know if the world is ready for a Aquaman and another Green Lantern turd combo so this may be the best way to produce it for DC to guard against bad movies.
However if I can see Green Lantern get beat to death with a treated piece of lumber it would be spectacular.:lol Wood. Seriously.:slap

Aquaman would work. Play into the Game of Thrones aspect of the character and he works perfectly. Anyone who needs proof Aquaman can work needs to go watch all of the Bruce Timm Justice League episodes that feature the character. He's on a power level few can compete with, and he's a badass. Make him a king, who has given up on the surface world, even thought it is where he was born. And if you can work in him losing his hand in the way Timm did, Bravo.

GL needs a reboot, and someone who understands. This needs to be Training Day in space. Sinestro needs to be the focus a little more than Hal. We don't really need to be on earth ever except at the very beginning and the very end. And for the love of all things holy, practical costume and practical mask. Use CGI to enhance the visuals. :lecture

I unexpectedly got the afternoon off work today, and popped along to the local cinema and watched MoS again.
I enjoyed it a lot more than the first time, and felt it passed quicker on a second watch.
I also picked up on a lot of small details i never got the first time.
Looking forward to this figure even more now.

I thought it was just me! :duff

Aquaman would work. Play into the Game of Thrones aspect of the character and he works perfectly. Anyone who needs proof Aquaman can work needs to go watch all of the Bruce Timm Justice League episodes that feature the character. He's on a power level few can compete with, and he's a badass. Make him a king, who has given up on the surface world, even thought it is where he was born. And if you can work in him losing his hand in the way Timm did, Bravo.

GL needs a reboot, and someone who understands. This needs to be Training Day in space. Sinestro needs to be the focus a little more than Hal. We don't really need to be on earth ever except at the very beginning and the very end. And for the love of all things holy, practical costume and practical mask. Use CGI to enhance the visuals. :lecture

That is actually a great movie you have playing in your head and good idea for Aquaman.:clap

My biggest problem with Aquaman is the forced story that comes with him in a movie and catering some aquadic theme to make his contributions meaningful. Historically he is a bad character and the public in general does not like him. Very forgetful outside of the humor he generates mostly.

Green Lantern is too grandiose to me and he draws in such a big load of story with the rings, the core and that whole lore. The power ring in general is stupid IMO with "whatever you can imagine the ring creates" it looks visually weak on screen and its just too much for this round for a JL movie. Plus when your weakness is wood or the color yellow...... well finish the sentence.

The JL movie can be very successful with Supes, Batman, Wonder Woman and Flash. If they wanted to squeeze in Green Arrow, fine, we dealt with Hawkeye so whats one more grounded archer to roll out a 5 person team. These 5 characters are very believable and can work in the world I believe Goyer/Snyder/Nolan are shooting for. Else this movie is going to be way to big in scale and concept and make for a blockbuster bust. I can explain the Flash, wonder woman and Green Arrow in minutes, they are pretty known ( Flash is fast, WW is strong and has a lasso of truth, Green Arrow shoots arrows well). Gotta draw the line with aliens and super races somewhere and I think it is maxing out with "frickin laser beams :)" else no one outside of Superman can have a fight in the game. Strength is relative, but the two I called out (GL and Aquaman) are just bad, bad characters that require kit glove care writing good stories including them on the team. If anyone loves these guys my intention is not to tread on your heroes, but they just do not appeal to the masses and would bring the movie down in my opinion.

We'll know the casting soon if this frantic pace keeps up as they would have to announce the cast by the end of 2013 Q1 2014 at the latest to hit a 2015 JL movie.

Last edited:

That is actually a great movie you have playing in your head and good idea for Aquaman.:clap

My biggest problem with Aquaman is the forced story that comes with him in a movie and catering to him with some aquadic theme to make his contributions meaningful. Historically he is a bad character and the public in general does not like him. Very forgetful outside of the humor he generates mostly.

Green Lantern is too grandiose to me and he draws in such a big load of story with the rings, the core and that whole lore. The power ring in general is stupid IMO with "whatever you can imagine the ring creates" it looks visually weak on screen and its just too much for this round for a JL movie. Plus when your weakness is wood or the color yellow...... well finish the sentence.

The JL movie can be very successful with Supes, Batman, Wonder Woman and Flash. If they wanted to squeeze in Green Lantern, fine, we dealt with Hawkeye so whats one more grounded archer to roll out a 5 person team. These 5 characters are very believable and can work in the world I believe Goyer/Snyder/Nolan are shooting for. Else this movie is going to be way to big in scale and concept and make for a blockbuster bust. Gotta draw the line with aliens and super races somewhere and I think it is maxing out with "frickin laser beams :)" else no one outside of Superman can have a fight in the game. Strength is relative, but the two I called out (GL and Aquaman) are just bad, bad characters that require kit glove care writing good stories including them on the team. If anyone loves these guys my intention is not to tread on your heroes, but they just do not appeal to the masses and would bring the movie down in my opinion.

We'll know the casting soon if this frantic pace keeps up as they would have to announce the cast by the end of 2013 Q1 2014 at the latest to hit a 2015 JL movie at this going rate.

I do not see much of Aquaman having to be forced. A JL movie will likely center on both Gotham and Metropolis, and both have a Harbor. You play Aquaman as the reluctant one. He's only helping because whatever your JL threat is, poses a threat to his oceans. He isn't much for teamwork or being led by Batman. His only concern is the oceans and protecting Atlantis. He helps, and at the end of the day, he wants nothing to do with these guy. He returns home, and your Aquaman sequel takes on the Game of Throne intrigue in Atlantis. As for his powers, he lives at the bottom of the ocean: His body is about as durable as Superman, he's as strong as Wonder Woman, and as for the elephant in the room(his talking to fish) yes, Superfrinds made it lame. But there are more than dolphins and seahorses in the ocean. Have him stop a bridge from collapsing with a Giant Squid. Have him destroy something like Zod's world breaker by summoning a Leviathan or Krakken. Have him bring the monsters of the deep to the surface as an army. Give him the Trident and let him go toe to toe with Darkseid or whoever your villain is. Let him be the loner that they will make Batman out to be. Batman in JL needs to lead. Make Aquaman the rebel. And make both him and WW the warriors. Superman is the heart. He inspires them all and the world. Plus he's the muscle.

I do not see much of Aquaman having to be forced. A JL movie will likely center on both Gotham and Metropolis, and both have a Harbor. You play Aquaman as the reluctant one. He's only helping because whatever your JL threat is, poses a threat to his oceans. He isn't much for teamwork or being led by Batman. His only concern is the oceans and protecting Atlantis. He helps, and at the end of the day, he wants nothing to do with these guy.

i like aquaman (i know that's a lame thing to cop to these days, but whatever ~ the new 52 is doing him justice) and i agree that he could work well here.

i think his relationship with batman has always been kind of interesting ~ and i know everything gets retconned every five years, but it was aquaman who finally got through to bruce after jason (i think?) was killed ~ not even superman managed that.

i think he's definitely more interesting than green lantern ~ and i agree: green lantern needs to just stay in the comic book; he's too silly and complicated for the parameters of an actualized movie world.

My biggest problem with Aquaman is the forced story that comes with him in a movie and catering some aquadic theme to make his contributions meaningful. Historically he is a bad character and the public in general does not like him. Very forgetful outside of the humor he generates mostly.

The JL movie can be very successful with Supes, Batman, Wonder Woman and Flash. If they wanted to squeeze in Green Arrow, fine, we dealt with Hawkeye so whats one more grounded archer to roll out a 5 person team. These 5 characters are very believable and can work in the world I believe Goyer/Snyder/Nolan are shooting for. Else this movie is going to be way to big in scale and concept and make for a blockbuster bust. I can explain the Flash, wonder woman and Green Arrow in minutes, they are pretty known ( Flash is fast, WW is strong and has a lasso of truth, Green Arrow shoots arrows well). Gotta draw the line with aliens and super races somewhere and I think it is maxing out with "frickin laser beams :)" else no one outside of Superman can have a fight in the game. Strength is relative, but the two I called out (GL and Aquaman) are just bad, bad characters that require kit glove care writing good stories including them on the team. If anyone loves these guys my intention is not to tread on your heroes, but they just do not appeal to the masses and would bring the movie down in my opinion.

We'll know the casting soon if this frantic pace keeps up as they would have to announce the cast by the end of 2013 Q1 2014 at the latest to hit a 2015 JL movie.

I'm glad to see i'm not the only one with problem regarding the roster for a live JL film. i agree that a team comprised of Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman could work. I'm not too sold on Flash because his power set is already been covered by Superman, so i don't think we need another speedster. I would rather they start the JL movie with the trinity (Supes, Bats, Wondy) as the founding members then the sequel can then have them expand the League.

The tric to a JL movie especally one that is supposed to be somewhat grounded should avoid having too many power house characters. If you ask me, Superman and Wonder Woman are more than enough for super powered team members, from a certain stand point these two are honestly gods. One problem i have pertaining to this JL movie is how they plan on fitting the Batman into these sci fi/fantasy elements and not lose that human aspect that the character embodies.

i like aquaman (i know that's a lame thing to cop to these days, but whatever ~ the new 52 is doing him justice) and i agree that he could work well here.

i think his relationship with batman has always been kind of interesting ~ and i know everything gets retconned every five years, but it was aquaman who finally got through to bruce after jason (i think?) was killed ~ not even superman managed that.

i think he's definitely more interesting than green lantern ~ and i agree: green lantern needs to just stay in the comic book; he's too silly and complicated for the parameters of an actualized movie world.

:1-1: i'm right there with you on new 52 Aquaman. It has been consistently very good. And it was Arthur who helped Bruce when Jason died. He only wanted to talk to Superman to find out how he came back from the dead.

I still believe in GL. But he is tough, and you need a filmaker and writer up for the challenge. I volunteer for the job!!!

I like Aquaman as well. I think he should be the wildcard. Maybe have him be the problem, as well as the solution

Are you the same guy who keeps mentioning Green Lantern training day or are there a number of people on here who have come up with that idea?

I like Aquaman as well. I think he should be the wildcard. Maybe have him be the problem, as well as the solution

I liked the Worlds Finest Superman/Batmaqn story with the world covered in Kryptonite after the meteor shower and them getting together to clean it all up, and Aquaman wanting none of it, as loads of Kryptonite was in the sea.
That could make a good story.
There was even the government and LexCorp worked in.

I think there is way too much movie talk in the figure thread instead of in the movie thread...

We now bring you back to your normally scheduled discussion about fat thighs and tyrannosaurus arms....... already in progress. ZZZZZzzzz................

I wouldn't go as far as to say that they're a monopoly, but they are making it difficult for the other guys to compete with them and make a good profit on their stuff.

I've only heard it from the U.S. retailers, but I'd think the same would go for anyone that gets their supply from Sideshow.

I noticed that too. I looked at Alter Ego and BBTS and both were preorder sold out, so I went ahead and poed through SS. It was only four or five days after it went up, so it looks like you have to get on it the first day if you want a discount.

I need to see the movie a second time soon as well.

Back