1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

Those other places will have it in stock again. BBTS had Hulk sold out like 3 times before it stayed that way.

Well judging by the new forum banner, I think it's safe to say the mods and admin of this site like MOS. :lol

Or Superman in general for that matter.

Last edited:

Are you the same guy who keeps mentioning Green Lantern training day or are there a number of people on here who have come up with that idea?

Not sure if I'm the only one. I know it's a discussion I've had with friends after the movie came out. They over thought the concept. It needed to be boiled down to it's simplest premise. Cops in space. Veteran cop with slightly shady ways training the rookie = Training Day.

I love you sig, and wanted to ask: The Batman figure pictured. Is that a legit pose the DX can do? It's awesome if it can, I would be worried about stretching the outfit.

Yeah, those are the figures I currently have. Took the pics myself. The suit will be fine. Its not hardly stretched. Thanks for the props though!

Yeah, those are the figures I currently have. Took the pics myself. The suit will be fine. Its not hardly stretched. Thanks for the props though!

Well thanks for the advice and the info. I may take mine off the stand, and pose him like that. It looks awesome. And I can't wait to have him posed like that with Cavil Superman floating behind him.:yess:

Not sure if I'm the only one. I know it's a discussion I've had with friends after the movie came out. They over thought the concept. It needed to be boiled down to it's simplest premise. Cops in space. Veteran cop with slightly shady ways training the rookie = Training Day.

Yeah its an interesting concept. Actually the Green Lantern movie didn't really even convey to me that they were intergalactic cops. But maybe thats because I didnt finish it:)

1306181435042e9706bb829a47.jpg

I think this figure will end up working out. Everyone was up in arms about the Bane and Reeve protos too, but they're great in-hand.

I have a retail license, which I don't even use, but looked about wholesale prices from Sideshow. You have to have a brick/mortar store now and can't see the wholesale price without having your account approved by them. I do not know the limit for wholesale because that can't be seen either without approval. I see nothing wrong with this after buying some HT figures from eBay. Some of this is not known as fact either as I said, I don't plan on using license for HT figs, just smaller, so didn't look into it that much. Just adding some info.

To keep a Sideshow account you have to sell $2500 or $5000 worth of stuff in a year. Can't remember which amount but I believe it is the $2500. My LCS told me this because he was going to lose his account because the Sideshow items he sold for the year was a DX11 to me and he bought a Snake Eyes.

I have no worries about this figure at all

And only at least 7 to 10 months away. (Begins whittling.)

I hope they make a Faora but I don't know...

Was down at Hot Toys today to pick up a figure and saw Superman. Hate to say it but it looks pretty darn awful. I'm going to hold off on Pre-ordering this guy in the hopes that they change the body. Not only is it much beefier than the movie which I can forgive, but it also seems to have a disproportionally large lower body with a very noticeable pelvic thrust. Even my girlfriend noticed it and commented, "why does Superman look like he's humping the air?" The picture really doesn't show how bad the figure looks in person. I wouldn't even say I'm a super picky kind of guy but it just looked really bad to me.

On the plus side the costume looks very nice with the materials being almost spot on. The head sculpt is also acceptable but not spot on like the hot toys published images would lead one to believe. My favourite part has to the base though. It's pretty badass.

Here's hoping for a new body between now and final product release!

xlg0.jpg

P.S. will travel down with a proper camera to grab more pictures later today. Have to swing by Enterbay to replace a cracked gun that came with my T-800 BD. :mad:

The legs look the worst in my opinion. The upper body looks fine. And are you sure it's not the harsh lighting throwing off the likeness?

Back