Hot Toys MMS233 -Predator 2 - 1/6th scale Elder Predator 2.0 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am curious to see how the back looks. Nice figure. I don't think I will be making the purchase. Crazy that HT can take it too about 95% then drop the ball (mandibles). If I'm asked to pay $225 I want no ***** dropped. At $170 sure sure why the **** not!!!

Celtic pre-order can wait!! :panic:

I do agree with everyone that has said he should have come with a Dio base. Small number of accessories the base would have sweetened the deal.

I am curious to see how the back looks. Nice figure. I don't think I will be making the purchase. Crazy that HT can take it too about 95% then drop the ball (mandibles). If I'm asked to pay $225 I want no ***** dropped. At $170 sure sure why the **** not!!!

Grey.... get it.. :naughty

Celtic pre-order can wait!! :panic:

I do agree with everyone that has said he should have come with a Dio base. Small number of accessories the base would have sweetened the deal.

There is no doubt HT put a lot of effort to figure. But it does feel like bar bones at a high price. I think a low res backdrop of the full trophy wall would have been awesome.

Yep Ive bought em all...
not speaking about buying.
but about saying "shut up until you sculpt something yourself".
by that kind of logic Uwe Boll is commented by losers for no reason.

icon.jpg

see the HT reaction for "please improve the sculpts" in this picture? :D

Dont know who uwe boll is...

but until a company can actually compete with HT they will dominate, and I like what theyre doing... ill sure as hell never be able to sculpt anything close to good, especially with $225 worth of materials... all im saying

There is no doubt HT put a lot of effort to figure. But it does feel like bar bones at a high price. I think a low res backdrop of the full trophy wall would have been awesome.

:goodpost: Trophy wall back drop would have been amazing! Hell I'd pay double the price if they went all out and included a 1/6th trophy wall. Wishful thinking but maybe one day :pray:

How much was the first run going for back then?.
Knowing I dont have to assemble this guy makes me want to pick him up more but still. Herrty price.
Almost a must when you have the rest

In a way I am thankful that Tsang is sculpting these Predators. Yes the sculpt is there but the "essence" or "spirit" of the character is missing. I have known Predator 2 since watching in theatres, to buying the VHS, to buying the SE DVD etc. I think 22 years. That is enough time to have a feel of a character. When a figure comes along and is unable to capture the "essence/spirit" I have know for this long then there is no temptation to buy it. As a result it is about a $450 savings (including city Hunter). If the head sculpt happened to capture the spirit of the characters then I would be obligated to buy and display being proud of having a high end figure finally in 3D form right in front of me representing a 22 year relationship. So thanks you Tsang because I do care for movie accuracy!!

How much was the first run going for back then?.
Knowing I dont have to assemble this guy makes me want to pick him up more but still. Herrty price.
Almost a must when you have the rest

God the first one was such a pain in the ***... didnt know of the the heating up technique on the leg armor, most frustrating experience ever :lol

I gave in.
I had reward points and have always wanted this one.
Couldn't justify ebay prices and with the point knocking off $97, I couldn't say no

In a way I am thankful that Tsang is sculpting these Predators. Yes the sculpt is there but the "essence" or "spirit" of the character is missing. I have known Predator 2 since watching in theatres, to buying the VHS, to buying the SE DVD etc. I think 22 years. That is enough time to have a feel of a character. When a figure comes along and is unable to capture the "essence/spirit" I have know for this long then there is no temptation to buy it. As a result it is about a $450 savings (including city Hunter). If the head sculpt happened to capture the spirit of the characters then I would be obligated to buy and display being proud of having a high end figure finally in 3D form right in front of me representing a 22 year relationship. So thanks you Tsang because I do care for movie accuracy!!

:goodpost:

Click the pic! Buy now!

Elder Predator
Predator Sixth Scale Figure by Hot Toys

2-1.jpg

MMS233 - Predator 2 - Elder Predator

Despite a brief screen time in Predator 2, Elder Predator has been one of the most popular Predator among fans of the series. His cool look as well as his code of honor and respect for fellow warriors all contributed to make him a fan favorite!

Following the release of Celtic Predator, Hot Toys is proud to present the new 1/6th scale Elder Predator Collectible Figure from the Predator 2 movie. The movie-accurate Elder Predator collectible is specially crafted based on his image in the film, featuring his highly detailed body armor, weapons and accessories.

The 1/6th scale Elder Predator Collectible Figure specially features:
- Authentic and detailed fully realized likeness of Elder Predator in the Predator 2 movie
- Realistic and accurate 1/6th scale of approximately 14 inches/ 35 cm tall
- Over 22 points of articulations
- Net on body and legs
- Blue rubber hair with tribal accessories
- Six (6) pieces of interchangeable palms including:
- One (1) pair of fists
- One (1) pair of open palms
- One (1) left palm for holding sword
- One (1) right palm for holding gun

Weapons:
- One (1) articulated shoulder cannon
- One (1) sword with sheath
- One (1) pair of blades attachable to forearm armor
- One (1) pistol

Accessories:
- One (1) pair of forearm armor
- Armor on shoulder, waist, thighs, knees and legs
- Leather-like waist bands
- Two (2) skull necklaces
- Figure stand with Elder Predator nameplate and the movie logo

Artists:
Head Sculpted by Joseph Tsang. Body Sculpted by Joseph Tsang
Head Painted by Joseph Tsang. Body Painted by Joseph Tsang
Head Art Directed by n/a

Release date: Q2-Q3, 2014

Looks really good and pretty accurate... i have not seen part 2 in a while but P2 is my fav of the predators and i want to collect them. i want this one and city hunter the most.

The best thing I can say about this version is that his body will be better proportioned; his leg want look so skinny.

Back