Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And all of the disappointment could have been avoided if they just kept the original release date alone and not move it all around. Wishful thinking, but how hard is it for HT to set a release date and stick to it. If an item is ready ahead of schedule, then so be it. But if you pick a date, stick to it. If you can't make it happen that soon, maybe they need to reassess their production schedule/strategy.

I'm just thinking out loud. moving on...
Hot Toys has gotten better about release dates for some of their stuff though it seems. I mean certain figures still get pretty large delays but there's also been quite a few cases of figures showing up by the time they originally have the estimated date set for or even sometimes earlier (the new battle damaged T-800 for instance).

I've heard from some background extras that waiting in holding for several hours until they're ready to use them can get pretty boring sometimes, but luckily during those "waiting" periods, we're usually just rehearsing. Then there are some productions I've worked on where they just do like 20 takes of something that could've been done in 5 at most and it's just befuddling. :cuckoo:

I would LOVE to do just about anything in movies, especially super hero movies. But, a long time ago I did get to visit a movie set because my little Sister was an extra on the movie Pay it Forward. They were shooting a short scene at the beginning of the movie where all of the HS kids were coming into school in the morning. There were metal detectors set up at the school, and this one kid snuck a knife in by dropping it on the ground, and kicking it around the detector when no one was looking. In the movie, this whole scene was maybe a minute long.

I remember watching them shoot this over and over and over and over and OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER again.....Good lord, they spent the whole day shooting this one little scene a million times.

I remember thinking how mind numbing that must be. I can't even imagine an exhausting fight scene. Although I'd guess those are filmed in bits and pieces?

:exactly: :wink1: I remember your story, haha.

Yeah, it can get tiring after a while. A lot of background guys on The Dark Knight Rises were getting exhausted because they weren't trained or built to endure the long hours. There are actually some serious happenings on that set that we're not supposed to talk about, but let's just say exhaustion was a big deal for the unexperienced and it's definitely a serious health risk when you sign up for something like this despite not meeting the fitness qualifications and requirements. We actually just do the same choreography over and over, occasionally changing things depending on what looks better to the cinematographer/director, etc. and they move the cameras around to get all the angles. They usually have 3-4 cameras on big scenes, especially wide shots, otherwise it's down to 2 for tighter shots and they do reverses and what not. The magic comes in the editing room. For us, it's just a routine done over and over.

I would LOVE to do just about anything in movies, especially super hero movies. But, a long time ago I did get to visit a movie set because my little Sister was an extra on the movie Pay it Forward. They were shooting a short scene at the beginning of the movie where all of the HS kids were coming into school in the morning. There were metal detectors set up at the school, and this one kid snuck a knife in by dropping it on the ground, and kicking it around the detector when no one was looking. In the movie, this whole scene was maybe a minute long.

I remember watching them shoot this over and over and over and over and OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER again.....Good lord, they spent the whole day shooting this one little scene a million times.

I remember thinking how mind numbing that must be. I can't even imagine an exhausting fight scene. Although I'd guess those are filmed in bits and pieces?

I would love it. Ive loved movies my entire life and never been on a set. Weird, right? I would wonder WHY they did so many takes, what exactly went right adn wrong.

Many reasons... actor screwing up a line, background not hitting their mark or doing something wrong, background looking into the camera when they're not supposed to, picking up sound from something/somewhere that they're not supposed to, etc etc etc and then there's doing reverses, different angling, camera problem(s), etc. Multitude of things in addition to getting "backups" of the shot in case one take is better than the other. Most of the time, they pretty much have only that day to get all the shots they need for the scene, so they take precaution and shoot as much as they can without going over schedule or budget.

A quick google :lol

No your right, hers was worse... hahaha Seriously, what was Nolan thinking that day? Someone slipped something into his tea...

What, this was unconvincing?

tumblr_mdlay17Ovg1ruaha0o3_500.gif

Back