Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe I read that due to the cost of the IMAX film stock Nolan tried to do all the IMAX scenes in one take. It would certainly explain Talia if that is true.

Was that scene in the film in IMAX though? I don't recall if it was.... haha :slap

And for that last fight scene, no, it wasn't one take at all BUT we did efficiently shoot it in about 4-5 days total I think, combining NY and Pittsburgh, and I would have to say, out of every production that I've been on, that was really impressive...

Nothing wrong with that death scene to me. She was crushed. Just like that one character in Death Proof.

Anyway, I figured out the pose I'm going to use for this STRIKE suit Cap. Even though I wanted the Avengers one I looked at the Entertainment Weekly Avengers 2 cover again and decided that it should be the best of both worlds. The STRIKE suit mixed with the red, white, and blue of the original Avengers and Golden Age Cap suit.

Hmmm, according to this Cap won't be here in the US until January.

https://hottoyspricelist.blogspot.com/2014/09/upcoming-releases-hot-toys-schedule.html

According to the site it's December 2014. :huh

cap release date.jpg

Yes, December is the HK release. SSC always gets their stock and starts shipping the next month. So we (in the US) won't start seeing ours till January.

Well when it first advertised plenty of retailers were Pre order Jan 2015. Maybe HT was excited to get it out earlier but in fact are just either teasing us or major issues need re addressing?
Add that the film has been & gone. What is to say whilst doing S.T.R.I.K.E. Rogers uniform they at HT have realised AVENGERS 2 Capt is wearing pretty much the same uniform with mods, thus working on that from these and slowing STRIKE Rogers down but for a change we may get a preemptive Capt figure Before a film starts?

Well when it first advertised plenty of retailers were Pre order Jan 2015. Maybe HT was excited to get it out earlier but in fact are just either teasing us or major issues need re addressing?
Add that the film has been & gone. What is to say whilst doing S.T.R.I.K.E. Rogers uniform they at HT have realised AVENGERS 2 Capt is wearing pretty much the same uniform with mods, thus working on that from these and slowing STRIKE Rogers down but for a change we may get a preemptive Capt figure Before a film starts?

That's horrible work ethics, "let's start on this one even tho that one isnt done yet".

If that was the case, we would never have releases that came out on time.

Hey I am only surmising as said this just keeps getting pushed back and S.T.R.I.K.E. Rogers should have been first off the block when the film was launched.
When the sneak peeks of the film (whilst filming on location) were popping up, this Was the first Uniform we saw.

I just do not understand why we are still waiting for this one. Golden Age was an Easy one to do as it is a Modified TFA at the end of the day and should have been the latter Costumed Rogers figure Not the first due to ease of putting it out there.
Hell people have made amazing customs of the GA utilising the TFA base.

I've always hated Captain America cos of the way he looks... but the film's masterfully crafted sequences and Chris Evan's HS made me bite the bullet for this set.

I've always hated Captain America cos of the way he looks... but the film's masterfully crafted sequences and Chris Evan's HS made me bite the bullet for this set.

:horror. I could see maybe not liking his other uniforms, but the Strike suit is pure bad ass. Little disappointed that it didn't get more screentime. Though the Avengers 2 suit will make up for that!

Back