Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does it have to be an item coming out soon? I wanted to cancel this one and reorder with a coupon, but use transfer the NRD to Falcon, but if that's the case, maybe I could reorder Thor again or put it to my final payment on the Mk42? :dunno

i was cancelling Robocop and ED-209 in favour of four MOS Superman figures
DbwAu0Q.gif

Even though the shipping date got bumped up my flex pay schedule hasn't changed. So hopefully those of us on a budget won't have anything to worry about.

Even though the shipping date got bumped up my flex pay schedule hasn't changed. So hopefully those of us on a budget won't have anything to worry about.

If I remember correctly, you have to let them know that you want your flex pays to be adjusted if you want to pay it sooner. I'll probably leave mine the way they are too.

Haha. Don't be like that... I made a fortune on those MOS figures...

Does it have to be an item coming out soon? I wanted to cancel this one and reorder with a coupon, but use transfer the NRD to Falcon, but if that's the case, maybe I could reorder Thor again or put it to my final payment on the Mk42? :dunno

Call them up and ask. It doesn't hurt to ask.

So they looked under the rug and found 100 more cap/steve rogers set?? :rotfl I pulled the trigger on the set because I came here and saw that only 10 was remaining. I wanted to put off pre-ordering until I can confirm if they are including a regular shield, so now I feel like I've been had :slap . I guess all I can do now is pray that they include one :pray:

:rotfl:lol:lol This is too funny! I'm definitely gonna get around to calling them, or chatting. Lately, my work schedule has been right around when SSC opens til when they close, so I never have an opportunity to speak to anyone. I have to wait until that changes and I get a night shoot or early morning shoot or something.

I pulled the trigger on the set because I came here and saw that only 10 was remaining. I wanted to put off pre-ordering until I can confirm if they are including a regular shield, so now I feel like I've been had :slap .

You've been here since 2011 and don't realise they get more added to their quota?
Seriously though, this happened to Avengers Loki about ten times. It would get down near to waitlist, then bump back up another hundred, ad infinitum.
What happens is that SS just request a larger allocation. Their initial allocation is what they requested from HT as part of their deal. If they run down to the wire, they request more, and HT gives them more.
When it goes on waitlist, it will be because SS have requested more, and HT don't have any more to give...

You've been here since 2011 and don't realise they get more added to their quota?
Seriously though, this happened to Avengers Loki about ten times. It would get down near to waitlist, then bump back up another hundred, ad infinitum.
What happens is that SS just request a larger allocation. Their initial allocation is what they requested from HT as part of their deal. If they run down to the wire, they request more, and HT gives them more.
When it goes on waitlist, it will be because SS have requested more, and HT don't have any more to give...

This may blow your mind but I don't spend that much time here :rotfl and I bought maybe 3 things from Sideshow. This is the first time I've encountered such situation with a figure I am interested in. I'm not angry about it or anything since I'm happy to get the figure eventually, just thought it seemed like a shady sales tactic, but I'm sure SS has their reasons for doing it this way.

This may blow your mind but I don't spend that much time here :rotfl and I bought maybe 3 things from Sideshow. This is the first time I've encountered such situation with a figure I am interested in. I'm not angry about it or anything since I'm happy to get the figure eventually, just thought it seemed like a shady sales tactic, but I'm sure SS has their reasons for doing it this way.

Its entirely possible they never expected more figure to arrive and we should be angry with Hot Toys, although I'm not angry because its not a set I expected to sell out anyway

This may blow your mind but I don't spend that much time here :rotfl and I bought maybe 3 things from Sideshow.

That's fair point. It's a common occurrence, so i thought you might have seen it happen before. Now i see that you have only 131 posts, i should have realised you're not that active on here, lol.

This is the first time I've encountered such situation with a figure I am interested in. I'm not angry about it or anything since I'm happy to get the figure eventually, just thought it seemed like a shady sales tactic, but I'm sure SS has their reasons for doing it this way.

It's simple economics. Some HT sell *very* well, others don't, for a variety of reasons. Some to do with the figure itself and perceived quality or production flaws, or that the licence itself is not something that grabs a lot of people's attention.
In business, if you sell out of a popular item, you order more from your supplier.

Iron Man MKXXI Midas sold out in a couple of days, Golden Age Cap sold out in less than a day, Iron Man Battle Damaged MKVII sold out in a couple of hours, Last stand Wolverine, Evil Superman, Joe Colton, and Star spangled Man Cap are still available a year after going on sale.
Sideshow will make an initial order based on pre-order sales and perhaps "how similar figures have sold" criteria. If they ordered 5000 originally, and get to *less than 100 remain*, it makes sense to get on the blower to HT and ask for more of an allocation. SS make more money, HT sell more product. Everyone is happy.
But if they under-sell, it would appear that they have to just wait till the item sells(Like Rescue Cap did a couple of months back), or just go crazy and *give* them away, like they did with the POTC Angelica, giving people in the USA a free one every time they made an order.

So they looked under the rug and found 100 more cap/steve rogers set?? :rotfl I pulled the trigger on the set because I came here and saw that only 10 was remaining. I wanted to put off pre-ordering until I can confirm if they are including a regular shield, so now I feel like I've been had :slap . I guess all I can do now is pray that they include one :pray:

Aw, man... I may have been the one who posted that "10 remaining" notice that caused you to PO much earlier than you planned,and for that I apologize. I wasn't aware that that's how SSC works. Was surprised to see it back up to a hundred, and now it's on normal status as if nothing happened.

Back