Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's free shipping on everything. I've ordered a few things them. Great to work with and terrific customer service.

I'm guessing these shields are coming directly from the Hot Toys assembly line that "fell off the truck" like most of the bootleg sculpts out there.

I think it's free shipping on everything. I've ordered a few things them. Great to work with and terrific customer service.

I'm guessing these shields are coming directly from the Hot Toys assembly line that "fell off the truck" like most of the bootleg sculpts out there.

I've heard sooo many good thing on here about them

adjustable ?? :dunno

That's my guess.

I think these are the same shields we'll be getting with Golden Age and Strike Cap, albeit with custom paint jobs. I think adjustable straps would be nice compared to the stiff plastic ones on the older shields.

EDIT: Just looked again and they are clearly adjustable with velcro closures.

Aaaaaand, the after market prices for shields on ebay just crashed.

I love it. I will be ordering two on Friday! Thanks for the link.

Those look nice, but I can't support a group that supports the recasting efforts that they do, including that Majestic Joker.

I'm all for standing for one's convictions. I'm just not quite sure what you're against here.

I think the vast majority of those bootlegs are actual Hot Toys sculpts, not recasts. A few hundred unpainted sculpts get misplaced at the factory and end up as aftermarket knockoffs.

I'm all for standing for one's convictions. I'm just not quite sure what you're against here.

I think the vast majority of those bootlegs are actual Hot Toys sculpts, not recasts. A few hundred unpainted sculpts get misplaced at the factory and end up as aftermarket knockoffs.

They don't even get misplaced.
The factory that HT contracts to produce the sculpts just pump out thousands more and sell them to the Ebay sellers unpainted, and the Ebay sellers get their own painters to give them a paint job.
It's pretty much the case with the factories that make the majority of the bodies.

I purchased two. Recasters or not - Hot Toys produced a faulty product and refused to acknowledge what they have done. Both of my Cap figures are holding shields that have flaked off. I would gladly give my business and would even pay them for a replacement shield --but they won't even respond to my requests.

Now if only a company would produce replacement iron man parts for the red paint that has turned pink over the years!

I purchased two. Recasters or not - Hot Toys produced a faulty product and refused to acknowledge what they have done. Both of my Cap figures are holding shields that have flaked off. I would gladly give my business and would even pay them for a replacement shield --but they won't even respond to my requests.

Now if only a company would produce replacement iron man parts for the red paint that has turned pink over the years!

Agreed.

I used to draw a hard line at recasters but not anymore, often times their work is better than the original. I put recasting under the umbrella of anything and everything unlicensed.

Im definitely going to pick one of these up when mine arrives for a non stealth shield option... Saves betting on the AoU one coming with a clean and damaged one to use for hero shots of the Stealth Suit Cap.

Majestic Joker?

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...MJ12-1-6-Heath-Ledger-as-The-Joker-Headsculpt

They don't even get misplaced.
The factory that HT contracts to produce the sculpts just pump out thousands more and sell them to the Ebay sellers unpainted, and the Ebay sellers get their own painters to give them a paint job.
It's pretty much the case with the factories that make the majority of the bodies.
That's right in the case of this Joker sculpt. It was a custom project with a small run, a recaster got a hold of it and will probably mass produce it at one of these factories, allowing folks to buy them, painted, for a fraction of the cost the folks who were on this forum initially paid. This is all a murky gray area when we start talking about figures being made without the attainment of proper licensing rights, but when a group starts harming custom artists, and ultimately custom collectors--through either recasting to begin with, or supporting recasting behavior as this company does--then I won't get behind it.

Back