Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, the first Cap still has the best romance I've ever seen in a comic book film. For some reason, I could not get into the Gwen/Peter relationship in the new movies at all.

:exactly: Agree with that - not really a big fan of romance in films myself, but that one did work really well in this movie. Didn't feel 'forced' like so many of them do.

They kissed once--Peggy pulled Steve toward her and planted a great one on him just before he was supposed to jump onto the Red Skull's plane. I think Cap/Peggy works so well because of the chemistry of the actors, because Peggy wasn't forced into some typical "girl in jeopardy" plot (which has been the weakness of all the Spider-man movies) and because Hayley Atwell is just awesome.

The best thing The Winter Soldier did for Cap going forward was to "Jason Bourne-ize" his fighting style. I think that immediately made Cap cool for all the folks out there who weren't quite convinced by his first movie. I have to admit, even though I loved the first movie, the new, ultra-confident, ultra-badass, runs-straight-through-walls-when-he's-chasing-someone Cap we got in the second movie was a revelation.

They kissed once--Peggy pulled Steve toward her and planted a great one on him just before he was supposed to jump onto the Red Skull's plane. I think Cap/Peggy works so well because of the chemistry of the actors, because Peggy wasn't forced into some typical "girl in jeopardy" plot (which has been the weakness of all the Spider-man movies) and because Hayley Atwell is just awesome.

The best thing The Winter Soldier did for Cap going forward was to "Jason Bourne-ize" his fighting style. I think that immediately made Cap cool for all the folks out there who weren't quite convinced by his first movie. I have to admit, even though I loved the first movie, the new, ultra-confident, ultra-badass, runs-straight-through-walls-when-he's-chasing-someone Cap we got in the second movie was a revelation.

oh yeah I always forget about that kiss:rotfl, oh well I guess I'll have to watch the whole movies again:lol

The 3 movies together really illustrate a great evolution story for Cap. I think that TFA laid the ground work and was a perfect origin story in that way. I think that he was getting acquainted with himself as well as the new world in Avengers and what what we saw in TWS is a fully trained, mega seasoned super-soldier.

I love the mode, tone and more mature approach of TWS which is why it's a toss-up between that & Avengers as my favorite movie from this saga; and I'm someone who liked ALL of the movies in the Avengers saga. To me these movies are like pizza; even the not-so-great/bad ones (IM 2/3, Hulk) are still kind of good

Another big thing I loved about TFA was that they made sure you fell in love with Steve before he took the serum. He was such a good dude and I'm sure Peggy and Abraham felt the same way.

:exactly: Good points, especially the bit about the fighting style...loved the Cap we saw TWS - just awesome stuff.

Thats amazing, theres one in Tokyo that cost $1.5m to build, I'm not sure how much this cost, but if I won the lottery or something I would build something like this in my front yard :lol

maybe a 1:1 scale ED209 or the Destroyer from Thor :rotfl

That would be so cool to see...your neighbors may not like it though! :lol

Thats is one big as* robot

1:1?

Not sure, it looks like it is but again I'm not sure.

This, I love this scene :drool
tumblr_n219k7jRW71s66zfno1_250.gif
tumblr_n219k7jRW71s66zfno2_250.gif

tumblr_n219k7jRW71s66zfno3_250.gif
tumblr_n219k7jRW71s66zfno4_250.gif

tumblr_n219k7jRW71s66zfno5_250.gif
tumblr_n219k7jRW71s66zfno6_250.gif

Loved that scene! :rock:rock:rock

Well no matter how much you loved TWS, Transformers is going to make more money.

>runs and hides behind a rock<

:horror Where's my ban hammer?!?

ngbbs4902466dea96c.jpg
:wink1:

Definitely. :lecture :drool

Agreed. Cap's fighting style in this movie cemented him as a certifiable badass, IMO. :rock :lecture

Edit:

This figure is so AWESOME looking! :rock

HOT_TOYS_HK_EXPO_DISPLAY_CAPTAIN_AMERICA_THE_WINTER_SOLDIER_CAP_IN_STEALTH_SUIT_01.jpg

Captain-America-The-Winter-Soldier-Hot-Toys-02.jpg

Last edited:
The 3 movies together really illustrate a great evolution story for Cap. I think that TFA laid the ground work and was a perfect origin story in that way. I think that he was getting acquainted with himself as well as the new world in Avengers and what what we saw in TWS is a fully trained, mega seasoned super-soldier.

When Steve is chasing Winter Soldier through the office building, and he just starts running straight through every wall that's in his way, has that ever been done in an action movie before? Because I've never seen it before, and I thought it was the most awesome thing ever--a perfect way to illustrate just how much stronger Steve is than a regular guy, and just how "super" a super-soldier he is.

When Steve is chasing Winter Soldier through the office building, and he just starts running straight through every wall that's in his way, has that ever been done in an action movie before? Because I've never seen it before, and I thought it was the most awesome thing ever--a perfect way to illustrate just how much stronger Steve is than a regular guy, and just how "super" a super-soldier he is.

And apologies over and over as he breaks things...because he is a "super" nice guy...

X-men 3: The last stand by the Juggernaut.

Back