Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^It was something to the extent of "Wow you have replies to almost every thread" and there was a sarcastic remark and I just followed up with a joke to that, lol I have to go back to using quotes again so I don't feel stupid, hahaha :slap^

I noticed a page or so back the most up to date release schedule by OSR puts this as a December release - before then I think it was October.

Being new to this hobby, this is the one where I learned Paypal is automatic and instant. At the time it kinda stung, but now... now I'm happy that this one already paid for.

:bunnydanc:banana:rock:blissy:elefant:fest:ted:ccheerlea

I pre-ordered this two-pack and I'm psyched about it, but I'm really, really hoping I can use the extra body to upgrade my TFA Cap. My plan is to use the extra body and Rogers headsculpt with the TFA uniform...but I'm worried that the TFA uniform just won't fit the new body. The TFA uniform was designed for a shorter, thinner figure, and it has those pants that only reach to the top of the boot. If worse comes to worse I'll just pop the Rogers head on top of my TFA Cap, but I really would prefer to do the body switch.

I pre-ordered this two-pack and I'm psyched about it, but I'm really, really hoping I can use the extra body to upgrade my TFA Cap. My plan is to use the extra body and Rogers headsculpt with the TFA uniform...but I'm worried that the TFA uniform just won't fit the new body. The TFA uniform was designed for a shorter, thinner figure, and it has those pants that only reach to the top of the boot. If worse comes to worse I'll just pop the Rogers head on top of my TFA Cap, but I really would prefer to do the body switch.

I was contemplating doing the same thing, but I'm not sure the TFA uniform would fit on the bulkier civilian body (assuming it's similar to the GA Cap body). The top wasn't the easiest thing in the world to take off or put back on the regular body. And even if you do manage to fit the top on the new body (and can zip it back up), the articulation's going to be even more limited than on the original TFA body given the decrease in slack. And then there's the issue you mentioned about the pants being too short. It sounds nice in theory, but like you said, the TFA uniform was designed for a shorter, thinner body.

I wonder if anyone tried something similar with the TFA uniform on the GA Cap (or really any body bigger than the regular TFA one). I know thinner bodies worked better for articulation, but I don't remember seeing any attempts in the opposite direction.

Back