1/6 Hot Toys MMS349 Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Armored Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Armored Batman Collectible Figure

I also equate this to Zod. Cloth underneath, bulky armor, big helmet and a face sculpt. I expect the price to be around the same as Zod's, maybe around 250. The only reason this would reach the 300 range is pure greed. Having said that, if it came as a 2 pack with the bat signal, I would definitely buy it as a 2pack.
I don't care for die cast and never did. I only bought figures in die cast because they were only available in that way.
There's no way I am missing out on this figure.

Zod was $240 but that was released in 2014. And it's Zod. I expect this to cost more.

Re: Hot Toys MMS Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Armored Batman Collectible Figure

Got a bad feeling the BvS figs are gonna put me in the red. Hopefully the movie stinks and I can forget about this licence.

Got a bad feeling the BvS figs are gonna put me in the red. Hopefully the movie stinks and I can forget about this licence.

The movie could be the biggest crapola fest you've ever seen and i'd still buy the figures - the designs for Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and Aquaman are beautiful, they'll look stunning on display regardless.

(for the record I think the movie is gonna be amazing :wink1:)

The movie could be the biggest crapola fest you've ever seen and i'd still buy the figures - the designs for Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and Aquaman are beautiful, they'll look stunning on display regardless.

Every trailer that comes out looks worse than the one before it

Yeah, I have to admit I was pretty on-board with BvS until the last trailer. Even if it's a good one I will probably pass on this line as my focus is collecting classic characters from classic movies. Unless this is a masterpiece my wallet should be safe. Being a bat-freak and collector I have to keep tabs on this stuff though, regardless.

What!?! Sorry fella, but I really don't understand where you're coming from? I take it you're a Marvel fan?

You say you 'call it as you see it', but you're comments seem to me to be influenced by what you're read rather than seeing the film and forming your own opinion. What exactly is bad about them?

Then again - it's all about personal preference. I hated AoU and really don't like the look of Deadpool - whereas of the two TV spots just released for BvS, the first one is fantastic - second we've seen the scene before, but the "don't believe everything you read son" line is really nice.

What!?! Sorry fella, but I really don't understand where you're coming from? I take it you're a Marvel fan?

You say you 'call it as you see it', but you're comments seem to me to be influenced by what you're read rather than seeing the film and forming your own opinion. What exactly is bad about them?

Then again - it's all about personal preference. I hated AoU and really don't like the look of Deadpool - whereas of the two TV spots just released for BvS, the first one is fantastic - second we've seen the scene before, but the "don't believe everything you read son" line is really nice.

I like how you started off trolling my opinion and then tried to 180 the end there. Bravo.

Yeah my get out clause of the movie being garbage isn't gonna work this time. :lol

Yeah, I have to admit I was pretty on-board with BvS until the last trailer. Even if it's a good one I will probably pass on this line as my focus is collecting classic characters from classic movies. Unless this is a masterpiece my wallet should be safe. Being a bat-freak and collector I have to keep tabs on this stuff though, regardless.

Totally agree mate, the last trailer just totally let down for me. Im still can npt believed they show the intro for WW , but im still getting the armor batman hottoys though. Lol

I'm super worried about this movie sucking, as well. To me, it looks like they are trying to do too much, and that's just with WW and Doomsday. I haven't even gotten my head around Aquaman, Flash or Cyborg. Why isn't a new cinematic batman and lex luthor enough for them to introduce here? The answer seems to be that they are trying to play catch-up to Marvel, which doesn't bode well. The MCU grew organically over many years - this just seems forced. As all this is based on my interpretation of a mere trailer, I hope I'm wrong.

I think Zack Snyder does amazing treasers, good trailers and really bad movies. It's not just matter of "style over substance". There is no substance. And yet, every time, the teaser blows me away, the trailer makes me go "but remember the last one" and the movie makes me feel really, really empty.
I'm not saying this is gonna suck, I don't know, I pray that's good, but if I'm being realistic, doing the math, the odds are really bad.
Still, this is one of the movies I look most forward to this year. I'm not a fan of the marvel films (except Iron Man and guardians), didn't like Nolans Batman, loathed Man of Steel, but still, this tiny little fanboy in the depths of my black heart wants this to be good.

I like how you started off trolling my opinion and then tried to 180 the end there. Bravo.
Good call :lol

But I agree with your assessment. And there's probably a couple of reasons. One, the teasers are more stylistic and the missing pieces that the viewer uses their imagination to fill in can be way better than a final product. But second, I think they move from vague, and very interesting teasers to a trailer that sticks awkward humor in and basically tells the whole story of the movie is a pretty extreme transition. It's like, you barely hold hands on date one, and then do all the things behind closed doors that you could imagine on date two.

My hope is that the "humor" doesn't extend beyond what we saw in the trailer, that Luthor's involvement is minimized, that the inclusion of Diana and Aquaman aren't too forced, and that the story gets the spirit of the characters involved right (something Man of Steel didn't do IMO). Other than that, I don't expect much. Action should be fine, but X-TREME and overly CG-ified. Drama should be mediocre. I'm not expecting an Academy Award-winning script here.

Did anyone read the review of the movie from someone who apparently saw an advanced screening?

There's A LOT more in this than what that Doomsday trailer showed

I will be attending an early screening in February for cast and crew. I'm pretty much in the dark as much as everyone else regarding the entire movie, except for some bits and of course the scenes we worked. Doomsday was unbeknownst to us, but like you said, there is more...

I will be attending an early screening in February for cast and crew. I'm pretty much in the dark as much as everyone else regarding the entire movie, except for some bits and of course the scenes we worked. Doomsday was unbeknownst to us, but like you said, there is more...

Sweet, what do you do?
I got to work on SS, no screening though

I'm sorry for adding to an off-topic discussion (I know it should be about the figure) but other things that worry me about the film are statements from Kevin Tsujihara (WB CEO) and David Goyer. Tsujihara earlier said that he agrees that they should go back and make the movie better. Goyer was asked if the movie was great and all he could say was that there are good moments in the film and added "let's leave it at that.." Not the most reassuring things to hear from these guys who should be promoting the film by giving very positive responses instead.

Also, I think this is the first movie whose trailer didn't excite me. All trailers get me interested or at least curious for the movie -- but not BVS'.

I'm sorry for adding to an off-topic discussion (I know it should be about the figure) but other things that worry me about the film are statements from Kevin Tsujihara (WB CEO) and David Goyer. Tsujihara earlier said that he agrees that they should go back and make the movie better. Goyer was asked if the movie was great and all he could say was that there are good moments in the film and added "let's leave it at that.." Not the most reassuring things to hear from these guys who should be promoting the film by giving very positive responses instead.

Also, I think this is the first movie whose trailer didn't excite me. All trailers get me interested or at least curious for the movie -- but not BVS'.

Kevin Tsujihara's statement was his response to people asking why the release date was moved from Summer of 2015 to March 2016. He said they just want to make sure that they build a strong foundation for the DC movies, and that they don't want to rush it hence the reschedule. It's a move that says what we'll be seeing in 2 month's time might be good (or at least better than how it should have been if released earlier). I'd have no confidence toward the film if Tsujihara said that just a month ago, but still went on for the March release.

As for Goyer's statement, it was from an interview where he can be seen as very excited and happy about the film. He was being pressed to tell more, to the point of making him compare his excitement on this vs MoS. I guess that's why he resorted to "Let's leave it at that".

Back