Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any chance this thing might be tweaked, before release? I dont like the open mouth, I dont know why they couldnt just make him with stoic/determined look, instead of that dumbfounded look. The figure's face looks like he just unmasked Vader, and found Lucas behind the mask...
That's basically the reason I don't plan on getting this. I'm not a fan of this sculpt at all, like I usually am. Hopefully if they redo Bespin Luke I like it more.

That's basically the reason I don't plan on getting this. I'm not a fan of this sculpt at all, like I usually am. Hopefully if they redo Bespin Luke I like it more.

Even though I personally prefer the face sculpt of the MMS297, over the DX07. Im hoping that Hot Toys release a Bespin clean uniformed Luke without PERS. Maybe a Dagobah themed two pack with Yoda (ie Tarkin and Vader), under their Empire line.

I think it’s been said before, but that open mouth thing is a new attempt at keeping recasters at bay...

Apparently with modern copying technique, the slightly open mouth makes it harder to duplicate on a large scale.

Dunno if that’s true , but it’s the only thing that makes any sense to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you.

Even though I personally prefer the face sculpt of the MMS297, over the DX07. Im hoping that Hot Toys release a Bespin clean uniformed Luke without PERS. Maybe a Dagobah themed two pack with Yoda (ie Tarkin and Vader), under their Empire line.

I prefer the sideshow expression better, but I have a feeling that the final sideshow figure wont look anywhere near like the prototype photo.

Thank you.

Multiquote is a wonderful thing...

Yeah, I really like the Dagobah Luke and Yoda 2-pack idea. I'll probably buy any ESB version of Luke that Hot Toys make.

Just a slight off topic question. Does anyone see the Sideshow Luke ROTJ Deluxe and just simply not see Luke/Mark Hamil? I am not sure what it is about the figure but I'm just not seeing Luke. Looks like a generic character in Luke's clothes.

I have it on pre-order because I wanted the Endor Poncho look, but am now debating ordering a 2nd Hot Toys ROTJ Luke and hoping a third party starts selling a poncho. Possibly even a headsculpt with a more Luke looking helmet look. I'm not sure who to go to for alternate outfits.

Just a slight off topic question. Does anyone see the Sideshow Luke ROTJ Deluxe and just simply not see Luke/Mark Hamil? I am not sure what it is about the figure but I'm just not seeing Luke. Looks like a generic character in Luke's clothes.

I have it on pre-order because I wanted the Endor Poncho look, but am now debating ordering a 2nd Hot Toys ROTJ Luke and hoping a third party starts selling a poncho. Possibly even a headsculpt with a more Luke looking helmet look. I'm not sure who to go to for alternate outfits.

Honestly I think outside of the accessories, Sideshow's Jedi Luke looks horrible. Just my opinion.

It doesnt look good, I think 5-6 years ago we would have gone nuts over it, but SS always seems to be behind in terms of quality and value

He mentioned wanting the poncho look, but not liking Sideshows sculpt. It was shown last year, I just figured they’re letting the regular ROTJ version sell out first.

The Hot Toys double dip.

8CB0D441-C7C9-4A7F-92E7-3DB3FD318350.jpg

Honestly I like the sideshow head a little more. I see a little more Hamill. DEFINITELY less realistic though. Also I think it looks a bit like the Star Wars Battlefront Luke.

i saw a video on youtube that supposedly had a shot of the HT sculptor working on the final release head, looked like the face was a tad thinner to my eye over the prototype sculpt. See i i can find it tomorrow to post a link to.

Night.

Thanks for all the info! I agree with the sentiment SS looks more like the video game character version of Luke. I couldn't nail exactly what I was thinking of, and that nailed it.

I do remember the HT Poncho Like making the rounds about a year ago I suppose. Heck, I even remember signing up for an email that would be sent out once the character came up for order. From all I've learned from my time here on the boards, I suppose I simply thought they decided to not make it, but maybe you guys are right, once HT ROTJ is done, the Endor one might make an appearance. Whatever the case, I think I'm just going to cancel my SS version. I'm trying to like it, I'm trying to see Luke in the figure, but I just can't get there

I think it’s been said before, but that open mouth thing is a new attempt at keeping recasters at bay...

Apparently with modern copying technique, the slightly open mouth makes it harder to duplicate on a large scale.

Dunno if that’s true , but it’s the only thing that makes any sense to me.

Are there examples of this? I know they were able to cast the Rey sculpt, which had the open mouth.

Are there examples of this? I know they were able to cast the Rey sculpt, which had the open mouth.

As I said , I think this was the reason stated....

But as we all know, recasters gonna recast....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back