1/6 Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, I think it's a solid likeness, there's just something almost "soft" about the facial features, almost like it's a 1080p headsculpt compared to HT's better works which are 4K level.

Thanks, I think it's a solid likeness, there's just something almost "soft" about the facial features, almost like it's a 1080p headsculpt compared to HT's better works which are 4K level.
I agree. Definitely one of those that got extra soft during production, especially when you look at how ultra detailed the prototype sculpt is

For sure. The goatee is a great example. In my typical home lighting, it doesn't have a lot of detail, but if you hit it with dramatic lighting for photos it shows up.

I'm used to the skin texture getting softer on HT sculpts from prototype to production, which is usually fine because the protos are usually exaggerated. Obi-Wan is the first case I've experienced where even things like the eyelids feel softer than the original sculpt.

Ewan has very defined features.

qOiKBwV.jpg

Jovnp4x.jpg

Plz6pj6.jpg

b1pQWTJ.jpg
Nice! :clap

Back