Hot Toys : New DX TDK Joker 2.0 Coming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys New DX TDK Joker 2.0 Coming?

Think you guys will at long last get that orange liner inside the trech coat?

How sad would it be if they got that wrong for the third time?:slap

..why it was red on the dx baffles me!:dunno

I can see them making the important changes , like the coats tails, the correct colors ..but i don't think the over all tailoring quality will be much better then the last figure.

jokercom1.jpg

I'm not anti-custom but I just don't see much of a worthwhile difference there for what people are paying. Its better but is it that much better? I came around to the rooted hair and some of the custom sculpts but the tailoring of the HT clothes I'm fine with. Correct obvious mistakes by all means and I know I'll be happy with the HT stock clothes.

I'm not anti-custom but I just don't see much of a worthwhile difference there for what people are paying. I came around to the rooted hair and some of the custom sculpts but the tailoring of the HT clothes I'm fine with. Correct obvious mistakes by all means and I know I'll be happy with the HT stock clothes.

Really just fixing those colors and making the suit more vibrant would take the figure from being..

"Ahhhhhhhh" to "AHHHHHHHHHHEHEEEEEEEEEE"

Anyone guess that reference?

..and yes it is "that much better" IMO

Seriously?... the lining inside the coat again, who cares??

It's hardly seen anyway... crazy collectors.

M.

b/c the tint of the movie made the orifinal orange lining appear to be more red than orange. I believe HT went with darker colors b/c of screen accuracy versus costume accuracy.

Really just fixing those colors and making the suit more vibrant would take the figure from being..

"Ahhhhhhhh" to "AHHHHHHHHHHEHEEEEEEEEEE"

Anyone guess that reference?

..and yes it is "that much better" IMO

Maybe if someone redid the clothes for a character that I'm totally obsessed with I'd feel the same way. Yes I see the improvement, but those improvements are not things I would have even been aware needed improving if someone hadn't actually gone and done it. So I guess it surprises me that others noticed these things in the first place. Colours OK, number of coat-tails OK, but exact measurements of every part of the outfit and exact fit, exact patterns - not so easy to see mistakes.

b/c the tint of the movie made the orifinal orange lining appear to be more red than orange. I believe HT went with darker colors b/c of screen accuracy versus costume accuracy.

Good point!!!!!!!:exactly:

Maybe if someone redid the clothes for a character that I'm totally obsessed with I'd feel the same way. Yes I see the improvement, but those improvements are not things I would have even been aware needed improving if someone hadn't actually gone and done it. So I guess it surprises me that others noticed these things in the first place. Colours OK, number of coat-tails OK, but exact measurements of every part of the outfit and exact fit, exact patterns - not so easy to see mistakes.

I am with you on that, I didn't notice any issues until someone pointed it out to me. My DX Joker is fine for me.

:goodpost:Which is why it will probley be red again. Its about capturing the character on screen not off.

If that were the case, we'd have gotten a blue sports jacket instead of the flat grey they gave us.

If that were the case, we'd have gotten a blue sports jacket instead of the flat grey they gave us.

Yepp

Anyway the simple fact of the matter is that 95% of collectors probably will be more than happy with the DX01 quality of tailoring and accuracy level etc

I don't foresee spending the amount of money I've spent on Kato joker clothes on more than 2-3 centrepieces of my collection - but I am die hard Nolan Batman and that's pretty much all I collect. 99% of collectors collect a much wider variety of stuff than I do.

So long story short while most may feel spending the amount some of us have on custom joker clothes is absolutely crazy, from our perspective it is a different story.

Do I think HT can close the gap on quality between their DX01 tailoring and Kato's? Absolutely. But can they plug the gap completely? I'd say not a chance (at this stage anyway) - you really have to see the Kato clothes in hand to understand the difference - it is more than just accuracy in cut, stitching, fit etc, it is the quality of the materials and how thin the clothes are so they just feel a lot more in scale.

Anyhow I'm excited to see what HT come up with and as long as it's not just a straight rerelease I'm pretty sure I'll be getting it

I'm not anti-custom but I just don't see much of a worthwhile difference there for what people are paying. Its better but is it that much better? I came around to the rooted hair and some of the custom sculpts but the tailoring of the HT clothes I'm fine with. Correct obvious mistakes by all means and I know I'll be happy with the HT stock clothes.

I couldnt agree with you more. Although I always have respect for anyone who takes the time to create something they love I just can not see dropping THAT kind of money on an outfit for a figure.

2053-2-pixel-patchwork.jpg

Then it's inaccurate. All I've read the past year from them is screen accuracy. So they move the goalposts as they see fit? how can it be screen accurate as they like to portray if they want stuff to look like offscreen...

Last edited:

I don't foresee spending the amount of money I've spent on Kato joker clothes on more than 2-3 centrepieces of my collection - but I am die hard Nolan Batman and that's pretty much all I collect. 99% of collectors collect a much wider variety of stuff than I do.

So long story short while most may feel spending the amount some of us have on custom joker clothes is absolutely crazy, from our perspective it is a different story.

I'm envious of that kind of focus. Theres too much I want from too many different lines. I wish I'd had the discipline to stick to my longest-term obsessions without branching out into the superheroes because now that I have I'm trying to be too thorough in too many of them. I don't just want the red/blue Spiderman, I want the Symbiote version too. I don't just want one single representation of the Joker I want all the possible versions (and likewise the Nicholson Joker). And doing this while not cutting back on my primary obsession - in fact stepping that up even more. :gah:

You could always raise your debt limit. :)

I'm envious of that kind of focus. Theres too much I want from too many different lines. I wish I'd had the discipline to stick to my longest-term obsessions without branching out into the superheroes because now that I have I'm trying to be too thorough in too many of them. I don't just want the red/blue Spiderman, I want the Symbiote version too. I don't just want one single representation of the Joker I want all the possible versions (and likewise the Nicholson Joker). And doing this while not cutting back on my primary obsession - in fact stepping that up even more. :gah:

Tell me about it :slap

Forcing myself to have control and focus in 1/4 is a lot easier due to the size of the pieces. With the smaller scale of 1/6, I can get a lot more mileage for my limited display space —something that makes me eye awesome figures that I don't necessarily consider must-haves. It's a battle. I'm losing :lol.

I personally don't care how accurate this version is. Im just glad I will be able to own a ledger joker at retail price lol I missed him every time.

Kato does amazing work which insure HT could do if they were only making a handful like kato does.
I would love to own something from kato he's just never done anything that I would be interested in lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back