Hot Toys : New DX TDK Joker 2.0 Coming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys New DX TDK Joker 2.0 Coming?

Given that Kato's items of clothing are as high as a base figure for them many times I wouldn't expect anything like that from a mass produced figure. Even if this thing is leaps and bounds ahead of the previous Joker figures it'll still be picked to death by custom enthusiasts.

WHAAAAT? DX 2.0??? What else can they do?!

@AV-wtf.gif

WHAAAAT? DX 2.0??? What else can they do?!

A lot , the dx01 is far from perfect imo , but does that justify them doing this figure for the third time? imo yes ..but i think they should have left it another few years before making this and not have sprung it on us now in the middle of all these other figures that are coming out.:panic::panic::panic:

Last edited:

I know Kato must have put a lot of effort to design his version of the outfit, I didn't meant to make it seem like it was a piece of cake. What I meant was at least getting the coat tails and the correct inner lining color right. As well as the correct colors of the sports jacket and vest. All HT would need to do is correct these things on their current design. I mean, I don't know about you but I would be happy with that since I like the tailoring on the DX01. Like you said, you can't expect perfection with a mass-produced product, but since they were obviously able to release something close with the DX01, why coudn't they do it again but with certain enhancements? All I'm saying is if this indeed is their 3rd attempt at releasing another purple-suited Joker, go ahead and use the same materials and tailoring, just get the colors and design right.

I figure HT could create something on par with anything any given customizer out there could do at this point, if they put their efforts into doing so. Paint apps, costume tailoring, etc. What is it about the Kato outfit exactly that HT couldn't reproduce? If they didn't before, it was probably due to design and/or materials used, not a lack of ability.

It's going to be interesting. As an admirer of Kato's work who couldn't afford to spend $1000 dollars on a 1/6 costume, I'm hoping HT can close the gap as much as possible.

I don't really know, to be honest. I truly believe HT can match Kato's work but if certain collectors or enthusiasts, as The Mike mentioned, don't think so, then I respect their opinions. Once again, I'm not trying to downplay Kato's work, he's done an truly incredible job! It's expensive stuff though, so I'll wait to see what HT does with this.

At the very least, I hope HT can match what Kato has done, but if things like certain materials and cloths are what would keep that from happening, then I would be happy if HT kept the same process they used to make the DX01 outfit. Just include the 4 coat tails and change the colors, if possible. At least that's my opinion on what needs to be enhanced on.

I'm not knocking Kato, either. He does amazing work, but I'm just not sure what it is about his work that couldn't be replicated. You would lose the special touch of knowing you had a finely crafted custom, but that's not the same as saying that it is impossible to reproduce for mass resale.

From what I see in photos, his tailoring is very careful, accurate/symmetrical, and sharp.

Sometimes with HT, you get a pocket that's a little too far to the left, or a collar that seems a bit shorter than the other... I mean it's understandable, there are going to be some inconsistencies in mass production with the stitch/trim/hem. Material wise, HT may be able to match, but the tailoring isn't always going to be perfect.

I don't mind, any differences will be pretty minor anyways and only a problem some of the time (in which case I can get a replacement for). I mean, I wouldn't pay $120 for a 1/6 shirt... I barely spend that much on myself!

Last edited:

I can see them making the important changes , like the coats tails, the correct colors ..but i don't think the over all tailoring quality will be much better then the last figure.

jokercom1.jpg

Comparison kind of unfair... that DX Joker can be futzed to look sharper than that.

Weird how dark that shirt looks also... the shirt is much lighter than that (on par with Kato).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back