Hot Toys : New DX TDK Joker 2.0 Coming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys New DX TDK Joker 2.0 Coming?

I personally wouldn't like rooted hair on this release. And would definitely stop me from getting this unless its just crazy good. But I don't think it's going to be a straight up re-issue.

The 2.0 the way I'm seeing it refers to the Purple suited Joker, I'm sure that they'll be a different display option on top of that like nurse Joker to get those who have all the others to buy as well

The 2.0 the way I'm seeing it refers to the Purple suited Joker, I'm sure that they'll be a different display option on top of that like nurse Joker to get those who have all the others to buy as well

Agreed - This is the most obvious and logical thing to do. But it better improve on the clown suit / head - if not, i'll just pick up a parted out Nurse outfit

yeah that sounds about right, a straight up re-release, would be a slap in the face.

Definitely hoping for overall improvement of the suit, HS, with nurse extras so outbackvoid can spend more money $$$. Break that bank son, send him to the poor house!

yeah that sounds about right, a straight up re-release, would be a slap in the face.

Why is that? Toys get re-released all the time. Is it because your Joker will only be worth 50% more than what you paid for it instead of 100%+ more? It's a 2.0, which implies it is more or less a re-release.

Agreed - This is the most obvious and logical thing to do. But it better improve on the clown suit / head - if not, i'll just pick up a parted out Nurse outfit

im curious as to why you'd bother with getting the purple suit at all though, void? I mean you do have Kato's clothes lined up. 3 sets if I've kept up with the thread enough. wouldn't it be more logical for you to just get whatever extras it comes with?

None of the customs I've seen with rooted hair have looked as good as Hot Toys figures with sculpted hair. Unless Hot toys can make rooted hair better than some extremely talented people on here then I'm not interested in it. And the color would have to be a single shade if the hair was rooted or worse ,have weird streaks of color. Hot Toys can do shading with sculpted hair.

Unless Hot toys can make rooted hair better than some extremely talented people on here then I'm not interested in it.

Not on a mass produced figure ..no way!:lecture

..and Nam please explain in detail why a rooted hair sculpt could not have pers?:dunno

:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol Have a good look at your DX, and how the PERS system works, and try again. :wink1:
I'm not sure I follow. Are you thinking there won't be space for the magnet with the rooted hair holes poking through? Because I figure that wouldn't be a difficult issue to overcome.

I hope to God this Joker doesn't have rooted hair, mind you, but I don't see why it couldn't be done. As for alt. looks, recall that BR Joker was shown in one of those flyers, so I figure that's gotta a good possibility.

Why is that? Toys get re-released all the time. Is it because your Joker will only be worth 50% more than what you paid for it instead of 100%+ more? It's a 2.0, which implies it is more or less a re-release.

what if its just an expansion pack. Like nurse outfit and messy make up joker head:lol

I'm not sure I follow. Are you thinking there won't be space for the magnet with the rooted hair holes poking through? Because I figure that wouldn't be a difficult issue to overcome.

I hope to God this Joker doesn't have rooted hair, mind you, but I don't see why it couldn't be done. As for alt. looks, recall that BR Joker was shown in one of those flyers, so I figure that's gotta a good possibility.

It'll be too messy with the stranded hair I think. But I think it still could work. After all, its HT mind you :lol

It can actually be done. A while back I bought a DX with rooted hair done by lforigno and I liked it a lot. I've been digging through trying to find a pic of it but I cant find any. I must have deleted it. But it can be done though.

missed out on the first DX so i know its kinda lame they are redoing it again but i cant spend 500+ on the first one so this will be a def pick up for me

MRM also moded his DX head with "rooted" hair and the eyes were still functional. I believe you had to move through the hair to still use the PERS system or lift the hair up. But the only thing keeping the back of the head unxposed was the falling hair, not a solid pieces of anything. I don't think HT would want it like that

Yeah, that's right. There were actually several modded DX with rooted hair but Monkey's was the best one.

The two things that have bothered me about the 2 purple suited Jokers that HT have released so far are the inaccurate outfits and the hair color/paint apps. I know the suit isn't hard to get right, what with people like Kato doing an awesome job with his, so I hope HT get's it right with this 2.0 version. That is if they plan on taking another crack at the particular outfit. However, the hair color better NOT be one whole shade of green all through out. Heath's hair was highlighted with a near lime-like green. All the sculpts so far haven't shown this, they've all been painted one solid green. Sculpted or rooted, HT needs to get the color right this time, or I for one won't be interested.

Couldn't they just do it like the previous one, only with a separate piece of plastic on the back with the hair rooted onto it?

I know the suit isn't hard to get right, what with people like Kato doing an awesome job with his,

Seeing as how a single shirt costs $120+ from him... I wouldn't say it's "not hard to get right."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back