Hot Toys Predator, Predator 2, Predators, AvP, AvP:R 1/6 + 1/4 scale announcement

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We need to let the P1 rest for a bit. We already have a HT P1, SS LSB just came out, 4 1:4 Neca p1's just came out and Classic has just came out which is seems to be more P1 than classic. p1 Is getting bummed so much other predator's we have never had are not getting a look in because the fandom wont let them.

P1 is the most iconic Predator by far so you do not need to shove it down everybodys throat once a year to keep people happy. We wont forget about him.

:clap

It is just amazing.

Just 2 days ago I was telling my future wife that I was going to get rid of all my other collections (1:6 and 1:18 military, tranformers, joes, videogames, gundam, and everything else) and focus only on Predator, I wasn't counting on this, I only had the HT Predators classic and neca on mind, and while I love the highly detalied little figures that Neca has released, and their 1/4 scale predators, none of them can compare with my hot toys p1, the only predator from Hot Toys that I still have.

Years ago, and due to some financial problems, I had to sell all my HT Predators, I needed money fast and I knew that for the right price (very cheap price actually) those will sell faster that anything else I had at the moment, after things improved for me I have been telling myself that probably I should have waited and kept my predators, that the situation wasn't so desperated, I also kept looking to buy P2 again or maybe Wolf or Guardian and just this morning I was a little dissapointed on how expensive Guardian Predator is and was just about to pull the trigger on a Shadow Predator but wasn't sure yet, I like my predators with the option to wear a bio mask, so entered the forum to look at some in hand pics, then I saw this post. :yess:

Excelent news, it seems like HT and Neca will help me complete my collection, I only hope that I won't have to sell it again.

just cause they announced this doesn't mean we will see anything new anytime soon. They announced 1/4 Batman and Avenger figures months ago and we haven't seen those yet. I think we will see one new 1/6 Pred and one 1/4 Pred all of next year, and that will be it. HT still has a lot on their plate in terms of licenses that haven't even produced one figure yet; then they have the new Batman, Spiderman, and Avengers movies.

just cause they announced this doesn't mean we will see anything new anytime soon. They announced 1/4 Batman and Avenger figures months ago and we haven't seen those yet. I think we will see one new 1/6 Pred and one 1/4 Pred all of next year, and that will be it. HT still has a lot on their plate in terms of licenses that haven't even produced one figure yet; then they have the new Batman, Spiderman, and Avengers movies.

But :lecture

did they show pictures of any 1/4 scale prototypes of batman or avengers?

I think it is up to us and the interest we show on the new predators from hot toys what can determine when will we see the figures anounced.

If Hot Toys are securing Arnold's likeness again for 1/4, there is no doubt that they will redo a 1/6 Dutch :lecture

Re: Hot Toys Predator 1/4 scale announcement

Am I the only one that's slightly annoyed by this? I spent a lot of money buying the 1/6 predators that I have - and now I'll have to fork out even more for their upgraded products!
Thanks HT, but no thanks.

I'd head to feeBay, if I were you.

Come to think of it, seriously... my PayPal account isn't hooked up to receive money, but I need to get on that. This is that moment we were all talking about: the one where we flood unsuspecting potential customers on the Bay with old HT Predators.

Yikes, shelf space really will be an issue. 1/4 is huge -- and I don't even know if they're doing 1/6 upgrades of everything (like all the AVP Predators, all the Super-Predators, etc.). My collection will probably end up focused entirely on Predator, with maybe a detolf for SSC's Alien statues and two shelf levels for SSC Star Wars.
I love my Terminator stuff, but Predator's my central passion (and Alien, why doesn't HT get on the improvement horse for that line??).

Happy frikkin' 2012!

BTW how much did the the EB Arnie cost?

$400. Should be real interesting cause 1/4 Pred maquettes from SS cost over 1k, so if HT makes these true to 1/4, they could steal a lot of business away from SS in the Predator market.

I wonder if they get the scale right this time with both the 1/6 figures and the 1/4 figures? A true 1/4 predator will be MASSIVE!!! Especially the "super" preds.

Back