Hot Toys Predators - Classic Predator - Official Specs and Pic

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys Predators - Classic Predator - MMS?

Again... Why not???? :dunno

Hottoys Exclusive predator 2 broken Mask

0.jpg

BTW Those new sculpted hands- palms seems to be perfect for a put on/off mask pose ..
:)

ClassicPred1.jpg

Anyone going to the SDCC? If so, please ask the guys at the sideshow booth whether or not you can take the mask off. It'll lay this argument to rest. If the mask doesn't come off, this figure is an easy pass for me. I'm getting tired of all these new preds having their masks sculpted on. I understand that hot toys had no choice but to hide the faces of Tracker and Falconer, but there should be no excuses with Classic.

Alright, so what are the blades made out of on the Predators figures? :dunno

The blades have some kind of alloy or metal bath. but the funny thing is that they are'nt magnetic :monkey1

BTW wolverines blades are made of the same material

The blades have some kind of alloy or metal bath. but the funny thing is that they are'nt magnetic :monkey1

Not every metal is magnetic, Magneto :cuckoo:

Alright, so what are the blades made out of on the Predators figures? :dunno

The blades are made of plastic (ABS, PVC or whatever) and have some kind of alloy, a metal bath or something. but the funny thing is that they are'nt magnetic :monkey1

Yup.
Im glad theyre not magnetic too, otherwise I would have had problems with my terminator diorama.

The blades are made of plastic (ABS, PVC or whatever) and have some kind of alloy or metal bath. but the funny thing is that they are'nt magnetic :monkey1

And once again, not every metal is magnetic ........ Magneto :cuckoo:

And once again, not every metal is magnetic ........ Magneto :cuckoo:

The fact is:

You could break them easily with enough strength and the interior is plastic (ABS, PVC or whatever they use) ..therefore is not solid metal after all :/

Thrust me.. this is not real metal, I know it, because I saw some pics of wolverine's blades broken in half at toyworld forum months ago :monkey1

Well, I would be interested in seeing a photo of the core of these blades. And with enough strength pretty much anything can be broken, even solid metal.

Ok..:thud:

Wolverines and Predators blades are made of solid and indestructible adamantium if you want.

Is everyone happy now??

Edit: The core was white, white and visible plastic with a thin layer of whatever looks like metal..:lecture

I was trying to find those pictures but I can't understand chinese and do'nt know how to search :/

Last edited:

I never said they were indestructible. ____, I never even doubted you. I just wanted to see what they looked like inside. No need to get all sarcastic with me just because I don't bow down and follow every word you say without a question.

I never said they were indestructible. ____, I never even doubted you. I just wanted to see what they looked like inside. No need to get all sarcastic with me just because I don't bow down and follow every word you say without a question.

I did'nt mean to be sarcastic with you man,... and I edited the message after reading your question about the blades core

It's cool bro. I still wish I could see what they look like. Something tells me its like the chrome parts in model kits, a thin layer of metal over a chunk of plastic.

I tried taking pics of my broken terminator arm surgery "scissors" to show the inside, but its too small and hard to make out.
I cant say for certain that its plastic inside, but Im guessing it is.

Plastic inside or not it is still far better then just plain plastic...

It's cool bro. I still wish I could see what they look like. Something tells me its like the chrome parts in model kits, a thin layer of metal over a chunk of plastic.

:1-1:

After seeing those pictures, I was certain that they were not made of solid metal, and chrome paint neither , because has a pretty cold touch..This is just a thin layer of metal (alloy or something) over plastic.

Another thing that became clear is that those things are ____ing dangerous, and I still remember when I tried to swap wolverine's hands.. and I stuck one blade in my hand.. :/

You're right.. that's far better than just plastic painted (chromed paint or not)

Last edited:

:lecture:lecture:lecture:exactly:
I dont think anyone is saying that it sucks or anything because it isnt metal on the inside or whatever.
As long as it looks like real metal, and is at least as strong as plastic, thats all I care about.

Nice to see this is coming out to retail at a pre-order price. I wanted to pick up a Predator 1 but not at $400+.

Last edited:

:pray: PRAYERS ARE ANSWERED! Yes!!!!! There is a 2nd chance for all of us that missed out!

looks like HT got jealous of the sculpt that NECA did, since their Predator waaaaay outdid the original HT one. At least now we will have a Classic Predator from HT that matches with the Predators figures.

looks like HT got jealous of the sculpt that NECA did, since their Predator waaaaay outdid the original HT one.

Sculpt wise yes. We still have some way to go before we get a fully re-made P1 from Hot Toys. Classic is a starting point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back